00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4510mike just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

In search of small scale animation software

357 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I'm looking for animation software that's more geared towards hand-drawn sprites. I've tried Aseprite but it doesn't give me the look i'm trying to for.

I need antialiasing in the brushes and a way to view onion skins.

Currently I'm drawing the frames in Painttool SAI, then pasting them into Aseprite, but the process of merging together a folder of layers, selecting everything, pasting it and trying to find the spot it was in becomes really tedious after the first few frames, plus doing this all without being able to see an animated version of it on the spot sometimes forces me to redraw everything.

thank you

its time of the year

BBS Signature

Response to In search of small scale animation software 2020-12-20 10:30:28

I use Aseprite but I've heard good things about GraphicsGale. Photoshop could work too if you've already got an Adobe subscription

Not sure what you mean by the look? If it helps you're able to change the way aseprite looks using "themes" if that's what you're talking about

Response to In search of small scale animation software 2020-12-20 12:22:25

don't like your banner but this what game maker studio 2 now uses. laughable animation system - YouTube

Response to In search of small scale animation software 2020-12-20 15:05:51

At 12/20/20 10:30 AM, GallowJolt wrote: I use Aseprite but I've heard good things about GraphicsGale. Photoshop could work too if you've already got an Adobe subscription

Not sure what you mean by the look? If it helps you're able to change the way aseprite looks using "themes" if that's what you're talking about

hello, by "look" I meant I wanted sprites to look hand-drawn instead of like pixel art. I looked into Graphics Gale and it doesn't seem have what I'm looking for but I can try Photoshop. Thank you for the suggestions.

its time of the year

BBS Signature

Response to In search of small scale animation software 2020-12-20 16:19:20

Hi,

I would suggest maybe trying - Krita.

Good luck

Response to In search of small scale animation software 2020-12-20 17:21:42

At 12/20/20 04:19 PM, UpstandingAdam wrote: Hi,

I would suggest maybe trying - Krita.

Good luck

Krita works very well for me. I didn't know it was able to do animation stuff. Thank you.

its time of the year

BBS Signature