00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

3D modeling advice?

157 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

3D modeling advice? 2020-12-03 09:54:36

So i want to get into 3d modeling using blender. So far after watching tutorials ive been doing some low poly, specifically attempting to achieve that megaman lagends style for the moment since seems a good place to start, but i do want to eventually move further and make more complex stuff eventually. my biggest hurdle atm is the texture stretching wich doesnt seem to go away entirely.

So i was wondering if theres any useful advice i should take into account whenever working on this stuff.

here are some examples of my stuff so far.

iu_203667_7564489.jpg

Response to 3D modeling advice? 2020-12-03 12:54:28 (edited 2020-12-03 12:55:40)

At 12/3/20 09:54 AM, VinegarDude wrote: So i want to get into 3d modeling using blender. So far after watching tutorials ive been doing some low poly, specifically attempting to achieve that megaman lagends style for the moment since seems a good place to start, but i do want to eventually move further and make more complex stuff eventually. my biggest hurdle atm is the texture stretching wich doesnt seem to go away entirely.

So i was wondering if theres any useful advice i should take into account whenever working on this stuff.

Your textures are stretching because your models are too low poly. Models will usually have some form of stretching, but as you make higher res models that issue should start to become less noticeable.

It also depends on how you're making your UV shells, and where you're making cuts. If your topology is bad, its going to reflect in your UVs, and thus your textures.

stinky

Response to 3D modeling advice? 2020-12-04 09:11:13

At 12/3/20 12:54 PM, BuhlBoy wrote:
At 12/3/20 09:54 AM, VinegarDude wrote: So i want to get into 3d modeling using blender. So far after watching tutorials ive been doing some low poly, specifically attempting to achieve that megaman lagends style for the moment since seems a good place to start, but i do want to eventually move further and make more complex stuff eventually. my biggest hurdle atm is the texture stretching wich doesnt seem to go away entirely.

Your textures are stretching because your models are too low poly. Models will usually have some form of stretching, but as you make higher res models that issue should start to become less noticeable.

It also depends on how you're making your UV shells, and where you're making cuts. If your topology is bad, its going to reflect in your UVs, and thus your textures.

thanks for insight, will look more into where to cut seams and ill increase the poly count on my next stuff.