00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheGizmo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for Best Digital Art Program

200 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Any digital artists here? Which (freeware) art program do you like to use the most for creating your digital art?

Response to Looking for Best Digital Art Program 2020-12-01 20:33:50

For me its either GIMP and Krita.

Krita is great program for all your drawing needs whether that be painting for backgrounds, creating comics/illustrations and making animation.

GIMP I recommend for its open source coding allowing the user to edit the program whatever way they see fit and its many methods for editing pictures.

No Creative Quotes. Here's a bunch of links. DeviantArt | Twitter | Instagram

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for Best Digital Art Program 2020-12-02 16:40:22

Fire Alpaca is a good program that I still use, It's easy to run and it's pretty stable and easy to learn

Can we be friends? Please?

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for Best Digital Art Program 2020-12-03 17:58:57

At 12/1/20 08:33 PM, BigK1337 wrote: For me its either GIMP and Krita.

Krita is great program for all your drawing needs whether that be painting for backgrounds, creating comics/illustrations and making animation.

GIMP I recommend for its open source coding allowing the user to edit the program whatever way they see fit and its many methods for editing pictures.

Response to Looking for Best Digital Art Program 2020-12-03 18:29:26

I'm not much of an expert on free software, but I can tell you one thing, if a FREE software barrages you with ads or locks your layers behind a freaking paywall, BAIL IMMEDIATELY. Those types of software are absolutely not worth your time, and even more so not worth paying for.

As for free software I'm aware of, Krita seems to be a popular choice even among some professionals. But, if you for some reason don't wanna go for Krita, Drawpile's a surprisingly good beginners choice, albeit very limited. It's got a super rad collaboration feature that lets you draw on the same canvas as massive groups of people.