00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blacktree4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'll teach 3D in exchange of drawing lessons

172 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Heyo! Are you a 2D artist that wants to learn 3D (Blender)? I am a 3D artist that wants to learn how to draw (characters, anatomy and shading, i know some perspective). What a coincidence!

We could help each other learn since both skills are useful to become a better artist and all knowledge of a specific type of art improves your skill in other categories. Even if you don't want to focus on 3D art, creating reference to draw over it could help you do stuff faster and more accurately. In my case I need 2D for my uni portfolio (it is a 3d animation one, but the portfolios need to be 2d to prove some understanding of theory). It will probably also improve my 3D side.

I have a drawing tablet that i never properly used and I'm ready to pick up whatever drawing program you personally use and think it is the best fit for the job. For the 3D part you will need Blender, which is the most beginner friendly 3D package.

Also discord lol, send me a friend request on EinMeister#4035.

I do 3D art and stuff idk

BBS Signature

Response to I'll teach 3D in exchange of drawing lessons 2020-11-30 12:08:12

At 11/30/20 12:52 AM, suxass wrote:
At 11/28/20 10:09 AM, EinMeister wrote: Heyo! Are you a 2D artist that wants to learn 3D (Blender)? I am a 3D artist that wants to learn how to draw (characters, anatomy and shading, i know some perspective). What a coincidence!

We could help each other learn since both skills are useful to become a better artist and all knowledge of a specific type of art improves your skill in other categories. Even if you don't want to focus on 3D art, creating reference to draw over it could help you do stuff faster and more accurately. In my case I need 2D for my uni portfolio (it is a 3d animation one, but the portfolios need to be 2d to prove some understanding of theory). It will probably also improve my 3D side.

I have a drawing tablet that i never properly used and I'm ready to pick up whatever drawing program you personally use and think it is the best fit for the job. For the 3D part you will need Blender, which is the most beginner friendly 3D package.
Also discord lol, send me a friend request on EinMeister#4035.
Of course, fuck. I would love to do this, but I do not have the resources for this. I can give you a tip in 2d drawing, though. If you are trying to improve a style, try different styles first, then try to combine your favorite aspects of each style and try to neatly combine them into a single unique style.

That's what I do with reference and techniques in 3D art as well! I picked a book called anatomy for sculptors rn and I'm trying to get the ideas on paper, as in 3D, I first need photorealism before diving into stylized

I do 3D art and stuff idk

BBS Signature