00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

robotman5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Secret Santa Art Trade ~!

68,754 Views | 943 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 02:06:56

At 11/28/20 12:34 AM, cboy4001 wrote:
At 11/28/20 12:28 AM, creditcrazy-channel wrote: Just think of how much stress the servers must be going through with everyone quoting the entire head count over and over again
I'm pretty sure the people who are doing that to troll don't care. The appropriate response at this point is to either block them or send them memes letting them know how dumb what they are doing is.

Seriously NG staff...you put a cap on the amount of PMs you can send people but you didn't include an option to let people report comments? That is literally spamming at this point.....

Xinxinix posts the initial list of entrees on page 19 and extends the deadline

PINGERS: THE ORIGINAL SERIES

AnEvilHeat

TheSketchyArtist

EpithetSoup (1st Appearance)

SamuelChinOrozco

SuxAss (1st Appearance)

ChillyBite

Colilite

JCaluger

Xinxinix closes the thread on page 21 and is no longer accepting entrees

PINGERS: THE NEXT GENERATION

Scrungis (1st Appearance)

ytfvgrwy7iebeywugcbe

BananaBreadBoi

Roanimations

PancakeTophat

TheGarbager619

ChasSquared

AmazingGuy

TheSparkleDash

Suicitem

EpithetSoup (2nd Appearance)

Waffle1Up

Scrungis (2nd Appearance)

DrewEsse

SkullPioneer

ChibiWilli

Xinxinix wrote: "Ok, can we stop quoting the list of tags ?" on page 26

PINGERS: VOYAGER

Nek0AI

SuxAss (2nd Appearance)

GrodyGrungus

Wh0reNet

SomeApe

QueenHomeStuck34

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 02:26:46

At 11/28/20 02:06 AM, Riverboat-Films wrote:
At 11/28/20 12:28 AM, creditcrazy-channel wrote: Just think of how much stress the servers must be going through with everyone quoting the entire head count over and over again
I'm pretty sure the people who are doing that to troll don't care. The appropriate response at this point is to either block them or send them memes letting them know how dumb what they are doing is.

Seriously NG staff...you put a cap on the amount of PMs you can send people but you didn't include an option to let people report comments? That is literally spamming at this point.....

AnEvilHeat
TheSketchyArtist
SamuelChinOrozco
SuxAss (1st Appearance)
ChillyBite
Colilite
JCaluger

ytfvgrwy7iebeywugcbe
BananaBreadBoi
Roanimations
PancakeTophat
TheGarbager619
ChasSquared
AmazingGuy
TheSparkleDash
Suicitem
Waffle1Up
DrewEsse
SkullPioneer
ChibiWilli

Nek0AI
SuxAss (2nd Appearance)
GrodyGrungus
Wh0reNet
SomeApe
QueenHomeStuck34

I have sinned...

For this, I shall offer frees hug and hope a sincere apology can make things up.

CAW!

BBS Signature

For anyone having trouble with the mentions, this should be a temporary solution. However what I think should be done is a mod needs to straight up lock this thread. If Xin wants to, he can make a new thread on the deadline where we can exchange our Santas officially. Any question regarding the event from this point onward should be done on DM and not mentioning everyone in the thread.

iu_201077_1437251.png

I'd like to think creating a Pixel character is probably a bit more difficult than drawing and coloring, but what do I know. I'm actually really shocked there are so many people that don't think it's possible to draw a character in day, drawing a character regardless the complexity shouldn't take longer than a few hours. Being able to quickly draft the human form is one of the first things even aspiring professionals learn to do first, I've done drawing sessions with college freshmen that can create a base figure in less than 16 minutes.

Remember kids, if you cant finish your Santa in a few hours and maybe take more time and just have fun with your art, you suck and should just quit. This threads is for aspiring professionals only!!!

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 05:56:49

Still got nothin

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 06:31:25

At 11/28/20 05:56 AM, Wh0renet wrote: Still got nothin

Yep, me too.

Bruh.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 06:34:50

At 11/28/20 06:31 AM, Nitoba137 wrote:
At 11/28/20 05:56 AM, Wh0renet wrote: Still got nothin
Yep, me too.

Yep, me three.

Jesus Christ is awesome B) and so are you (as long as you love your neighbors as you love yourself <3)

This website is my favorite place on the Internet lol

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 06:52:11

At 11/28/20 02:26 AM, ChibiWilli wrote:

I have sinned...
For this, I shall offer frees hug and hope a sincere apology can make things up.

Omg, I'm so sorry! I forgot to delete that part, I really didn't mean to ping everyone again...

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 07:30:11

Same here. No PM

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 07:37:00

New plan, Take a shot everytime someone mentions how they havent got their PM today

People are like jellyfish

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 07:49:45

At 11/28/20 07:37 AM, TazzMChazzz wrote: New plan, Take a shot everytime someone mentions how they havent got their PM today

Would rather not commit what is practically suicide but with extra steps.

CAW!

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 09:00:12

negatory

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 09:28:27

AnEvilHeat
TheSketchyArtist
SamuelChinOrozco
SuxAss (1st Appearance)
ChillyBite
Colilite
JCaluger

ytfvgrwy7iebeywugcbe
BananaBreadBoi
Roanimations
PancakeTophat
TheGarbager619
ChasSquared
AmazingGuy
TheSparkleDash
Suicitem
Waffle1Up
DrewEsse
SkullPioneer
ChibiWilli

Nek0AI
SuxAss (2nd Appearance)
GrodyGrungus
Wh0reNet
SomeApe
QueenHomeStuck34

I'm really sorry! I'm not used to the forum yet so... I messed up! Hope I won't get blocked by a lot of people for it...

iu_201148_8219480.png

is it really that hard for people to wait to get their pms? if you didn't get yours yet then don't say anything cause its gonna get real old real fast. don't forget there's only one person that's giving you your pms so cut him some slack if you havent already. i mean i haven't replied back because its really not helping and its not all that important to say if i have pms or not. just wait alright, fucking wait

BBS Signature

if anything this forum is an example on how NOT to make yourself look dumb and get people mad at you even though that wasnt your intentions. i mean how do you even reply and not think there's a bunch of shit on your screen already with literally everybody on it. i did it too when Xinx announced the entrants and i apologized for doing that but jesus i didnt think people would reply like this.

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 10:57:48

At 11/28/20 10:46 AM, OrchardPalace wrote: People gettin so angy over the PMs lmao

are people really gonna be angry at the fact that one single person hasn't gotten to them yet. at this point the reasons on why some people are like this doesn't carry much weight much. all i can say is wow you're impatient

BBS Signature

i hope i get something easy

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 11:05:55

At 11/28/20 11:04 AM, tinybinny wrote:
At 11/11/20 05:59 PM, Xinxinix wrote: Come one, come all

Gather 'round by the fire as I avail your ears with a tale of friendship, pain, and CHRISTMAS joy~!

It was a *snowwyyyyy~* night one night on Christmas Eve, and Xanta was loading up his Christmas sleigh full of assorted fan arts of everyone's original characters to post publicly for all the good boys and girls of Newgrounds. They were to be delivered to Tom Fulp immediately, just in time for everyone to wake up approximately around 12am EST on Christmas morning.

BUT

Just as Xanta checked his PMs for confirmation, he had accidentally bumped into the sleigh full of quite literally everyone's OCs that had ever existed on Newgrounds, and the sleigh *whooshed* down a snowy hillside into an icy lake nearby, submerging the drawings into a subzero abyss forever.

Completely crushed, Xanta asked his trusty furry companion Mafolph (played by @MKMaffo) what he should do.

Mafolph responded, "Idk lol. Sucks bro."

Xanta knew he should've uploaded the art onto Newgrounds instead of flying a magical sleigh to Pennsylvania, but alas, what was done... was done.

That's when @D3writo appeared out of the wild, snowy night like an anime protagonist and asked,

"Hey man, could you help me set up a Secret Santa Art Trade ?"

AND ARTMAS WAS SAVED (OH YEAH!) BY A MYSTERIOUS STRANGER
art by @MKMaffo
idea by @D3writo

+ RULES:

+ DEADLINES:

I apologize for the short timeframe, but I wanted to give artists at least a month to finish their drawings, especially because of all the holidays that will be going on (what's a "Thanks" giving?). There definitely wasn't a plan to do a Secret Santa like this, but @D3writo messaged me and asked if I could help him plan one, and I was STOKED to be like, "yeah, man, i luv this idea, thank you for dis."

I'm so excited to see everyone get surprised from their character being drawn by a mystery person~ ^^

SO

Good luck to everyone~! And a big shout out to @MKMaffo for cookin' up the gorgeous drawing <3

BRING ON THE ARTMAS CHEER~! ^^
i don't have my pm yet

bruh just wait

BBS Signature

At 11/28/20 05:17 AM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: For anyone having trouble with the mentions, this should be a temporary solution. However what I think should be done is a mod needs to straight up lock this thread. If Xin wants to, he can make a new thread on the deadline where we can exchange our Santas officially. Any question regarding the event from this point onward should be done on DM and not mentioning everyone in the thread.

I'd like to think creating a Pixel character is probably a bit more difficult than drawing and coloring, but what do I know. I'm actually really shocked there are so many people that don't think it's possible to draw a character in day, drawing a character regardless the complexity shouldn't take longer than a few hours. Being able to quickly draft the human form is one of the first things even aspiring professionals learn to do first, I've done drawing sessions with college freshmen that can create a base figure in less than 16 minutes.
Remember kids, if you cant finish your Santa in a few hours and maybe take more time and just have fun with your art, you suck and should just quit. This threads is for aspiring professionals only!!!

If that is what you got from my post, you are either incredibly daft or don't know how to read for context. I'm not saying people shouldn't have fun or finish in a few hours, I'm saying it shouldn't be surprising and people shouldn't assume my work is crap for it. Don't be stupid. I'll cut you some slack this time. I do admit I could have worded that better and some people here have already demonstrated they don't have the ability to properly read what people are saying, but next time you imply something this stupid about me at least ask what my intentions were first before potentially making yourself look like an ass.

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 11:13:43

At 11/27/20 06:29 AM, Template88 wrote: Yo high key some of these references are super wack.

Like, if you drew your oc in profile only and theres literally no other reference of the character on your account you really need to make a front on or 3/4ths view or you're going to get some hieroglyph shit. People shouldnt have to hunt down images on your account to begin with but its even worse when theres nothing there.

What are you expecting people to draw if you yourself have no idea what your design is?

Also noticing almost nobody included any lore or information behind their design. Guess you want your OC in a white void with a blank expression then. Awesome.

I had to have a Brain Blast to even infer one of these dudes had a neck.

Hey @Template88 Thanks for the headsup! I made this to help the mysterious person that gets to be my santa my reference sheet!

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 11:14:40

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 11:19:57

I just wanted so say I'm really sorry for saying I didn't get a pm yet and replying to that message with all the pings.

I genuinely forget to delete the pings and also didn't mean to come off as impatient...

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 11:30:35

At 11/28/20 10:57 AM, AnEvilHeat wrote:
At 11/28/20 10:46 AM, OrchardPalace wrote: People gettin so angy over the PMs lmao
are people really gonna be angry at the fact that one single person hasn't gotten to them yet. at this point the reasons on why some people are like this doesn't carry much weight much. all i can say is wow you're impatient

At this point I wonder if the OP regrets even starting this. This is litterally the first exchange I have ever been in with people being this silly and impatient. I also can't imagine what it has to feel like doing a free commission for someone who litterally pinged you in a thread tens of times because they thought it was funny or just can't read....

I mean, of course it's not like that stuff is a super huge deal, but I wouldn't be surprised if this would be some peoples last time dealing with exchanges at least on this site.

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 11:47:52

At 11/28/20 11:30 AM, cboy4001 wrote:
At this point I wonder if the OP regrets even starting this. This is litterally the first exchange I have ever been in with people being this silly and impatient. I also can't imagine what it has to feel like doing a free commission for someone who litterally pinged you in a thread tens of times because they thought it was funny or just can't read....

I mean, of course it's not like that stuff is a super huge deal, but I wouldn't be surprised if this would be some peoples last time dealing with exchanges at least on this site.

i honestly think not but the OP is definitely having a lot of pressure right now. i mean when it came down to how it was presented this thread its half baked really. the part where people entered their OCs was tame but when that was over all hell just broke loose but honestly it was handled pretty poorly. again i dont think the OP regrets this, im sure he has experienced this before but if i were you id say just get a mod to lock this and open it again when you make another announcement about the art trade and what you have left

BBS Signature

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 12:17:57

At 11/28/20 11:47 AM, AnEvilHeat wrote:
At 11/28/20 11:30 AM, cboy4001 wrote:

i honestly think not but the OP is definitely having a lot of pressure right now. i mean when it came down to how it was presented this thread its half baked really. the part where people entered their OCs was tame but when that was over all hell just broke loose but honestly it was handled pretty poorly. again i dont think the OP regrets this, im sure he has experienced this before but if i were you id say just get a mod to lock this and open it again when you make another announcement about the art trade and what you have left

Dont get me wrong; I've thought about locking the thread after I initially announced the entrants (I had an open PM that I was ready to fill out to a mod) but I'm fighting the urge.

Next year, the entrants will be tagged in a news post, so no one will unknowingly ping 400+ people.

We'll have a Discord where people can join and get messaged their Secret Santas all in the same day and discuss their concerns with me quickly.

This year though, I just want to continue to keep it all through Newgrounds. As much of a hot mess the communication aspect of this event has been, it's still been fun seeing everyone I private message get excited about drawing for another person.

If anything, this event is memorable because a bunch of degenerates can't read my posts about the PM limit and that they should stop re-quoting the list of tags.

We're just gonna ride this one out, fellas~

No matter how much anxiety this gives me lol.

*xin laugh*

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 12:39:36

At 11/28/20 11:06 AM, cboy4001 wrote:
At 11/28/20 05:17 AM, ThePsychoSheep wrote: For anyone having trouble with the mentions, this should be a temporary solution. However what I think should be done is a mod needs to straight up lock this thread. If Xin wants to, he can make a new thread on the deadline where we can exchange our Santas officially. Any question regarding the event from this point onward should be done on DM and not mentioning everyone in the thread.

If that is what you got from my post, you are either incredibly daft or don't know how to read for context. I'm not saying people shouldn't have fun or finish in a few hours, I'm saying it shouldn't be surprising and people shouldn't assume my work is crap for it. Don't be stupid. I'll cut you some slack this time. I do admit I could have worded that better and some people here have already demonstrated they don't have the ability to properly read what people are saying, but next time you imply something this stupid about me at least ask what my intentions were first before potentially making yourself look like an ass.

I apologize. My smooth brain apparently cant comprehend how someone can be SHOCKED from the fact that there are people who cant draw a character in a few hours. I really feel safe now that you are cutting me some slack and wont blast my ass through the forums with your sheer knowledge of industry standards. Please enlighten me and some of the people in this thread that probably just drew their OCs for the first time in MS paint how YOU can machine gun dick throbbing jack hammer out a gorillion character drawings a day.

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 12:58:34

At 11/28/20 12:39 PM, ThePsychoSheep wrote:
At 11/28/20 11:06 AM, cboy4001 wrote:

I apologize. My smooth brain apparently cant comprehend how someone can be SHOCKED from the fact that there are people who cant draw a character in a few hours. I really feel safe now that you are cutting me some slack and wont blast my ass through the forums with your sheer knowledge of industry standards. Please enlighten me and some of the people in this thread that probably just drew their OCs for the first time in MS paint how YOU can machine gun dick throbbing jack hammer out a gorillion character drawings a day.

Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah.

Spending time on a drawing depends on the techniques and style of the artist.

The one month deadline is for anyone who's busy or requires time to think of a good idea. The amount of effort is individual and there are a few Secret Santas that have already finished and they look phenomenal. This isnt about the amount of time it's going to take everyone, it's about setting aside how much time you want to take to make something special for somebody.

For some, it's a day, for others it's a week before they can come up with the time or idea that they want to flesh out.

It's about giving--no matter what kind of quality somebody thinks it should be. As artists, you guys should already understand that drawing something, drawing anything, is a wholehearted extension of yourselves.

Who cares how long someone thinks that should take ?

*xin laugh*

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 14:33:17

same here

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 17:23:39

Thanks mate, try your best and don't get stressed out over this.

This is just some holiday fun.

Only valid after midnight, every other fortnight, when the store is already closed.

Response to Secret Santa Art Trade ~! 2020-11-28 18:25:19

At 11/28/20 12:03 AM, Queenhomestuck34 wrote:
At 11/27/20 05:16 PM, scrungis-y2k wrote:
At 11/27/20 04:41 PM, AmazingGuy123 wrote:
At 11/25/20 10:31 PM, Xinxinix wrote: Ok!

So everyone's been given an extra day because the NG Calendar stated the 25th as the deadline for submitting.

When I wake up tomorrow, we will have officially closed the entry phase of the Secret Santa Art Trade.

Entrants as of now (alphabetical):
for a grand total of 410 entrants !!!

PMS WILL BE SENT OUT TOMORROW

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE~! <3
Hey, did everyone get their PM’s already?
Nope not yet

I’ve been waiting for like two days staight, maybe the PM cool down messed up a bit??

She/They, 19., I draw sometimes.

Support me on ko-fi, it helps!

BBS Signature

At 11/28/20 06:25 PM, WonderSchwifty wrote: I’ve been waiting for like two days staight, maybe the PM cool down messed up a bit??

It might be that they're being sent out in alphabetical order.

If so, sorry to you and all the other Ws

I received mine this morning

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature