00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Schwicky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wii U

2,219 Views | 40 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wii U 2020-11-01 08:38:48

I actually liked mine. Playing Maria Maker was perfect with the stylus, as was playing Terraria.

Splatoon was also an amazing new IP at the time.

The problem was there just wasn't enough games on it, and not enough third party support.

Switch is HEAPS better.

https://linktr.ee/wobwobrob

Game Audio Designer based in UK

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-12-11 18:45:06 (edited 2020-12-11 18:46:21)

wasn't a bad console

just had bad sales. Many thought the wiiu tablet/pad was an extension to the original wii

Musician with a computer older than Julius Caesar and humor drier than desert sand on a sunny day.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-12-12 12:33:50

At 12/11/20 06:45 PM, Aakase wrote: wasn't a bad console
just had bad sales. Many thought the wiiu tablet/pad was an extension to the original wii

It Was Really Good Actually! I Was Just Saying The Design Looks Wacky

follow me plz

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2020-12-20 02:39:17

If you owned a Wii U and you had too much free time you knew the madness that hid behind this pretty logo.

iu_211244_6222931.png

Response to The Wii U 2021-01-02 13:57:41

i loved the WiiU! most of the first party games were awesome, and the virtual console was really good (but i will admit, the quality control on the eshop was pretty awful)

ong just like that

Response to The Wii U 2021-01-03 20:31:01 (edited 2021-01-03 20:31:29)

I personally enjoyed the Wii U. I still use it today since a ton of my favorite Zelda games could be played on it, the HD remakes of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time on the virtual console etc. etc. Though I totally understand why the Wii U didn't sell well, there wasn't much of a selling point, it was basically trying to be the Nintendo Switch. still cool if you wanted to play any old Wii games on it if you didn't have a Wii. I liked the controller as well but god damn did it get covered in finger prints quickly.

edit: oh god i forgot about miiverse

im so sweaty

BBS Signature

Response to The Wii U 2021-01-17 02:36:30

At 10/11/20 07:35 PM, Swabs wrote: Never played it, I heard it was bad.

I have one and it's actuly one of Nintendo's best in my opinion. You had games like Mario kart 8, Lego city undercover, splatoon, Mario maker, smash bros, and the list goes on.

Response to The Wii U 2021-01-17 02:38:43

At 10/15/20 07:46 PM, DarkTacan wrote: Coming from a former Wii-U owner.

I used to own a Wii-U for 3 years (between 2015-2018), and I can tell you, it's really not a bad console. Although a lot of people thought otherwise. Over the 3 years of having the Wii-U, I haven't really had any issues with it (to my surprise). Although they have been only a couple of decent games, and those were really the only games I played.

On March 1st, 2018, I end up trading in my Wii-U system for a Switch because GameStop was running a promo of trading in a console for double in-store credit (which came to $140), plus I got a $50 coupon for having a bunch of points and got my Nintendo Switch for $125, and literally the following week, Smash Ultimate was announced.

Now I looked back and seen on how bad the Wii-U was, and I was glad to Switch (no pun intended), especially after Smash Ultimate was announced (I played on my 3DS during the time), hell, I even found a Wii-U system (gamepad and all) at a Flea Market being sold for $50 just recently, no joke.

Hot buttered popcorn, that's a deal!

Response to The Wii U 2021-01-17 02:40:46

At 10/16/20 03:56 PM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote:
At 10/16/20 02:03 PM, mayorDump wrote:
At 10/14/20 07:18 AM, matt-likes-swords wrote: The WiiU gets too much hate, it had really good games.
The Switch is basically a handheld WiiU (but you have to buy all the games again), and for some reason people love that.
Yeah, I love the design of the switch and all, but it the games lineup just isn't as exciting. They had a great first year with a completely new Zelda and 3D Mario and then the momentum faded. Smash, Mario Maker, Splatoon, Mariokart, all were pretty new on the WiiU but with their sequel or deluxe edition they aren't as fresh anymore. For some of these games, what makes them stand out from their WiiU counterpart didn't get added until around a year after launch.
Thankfully, I think they're reaching the end of what WiiU games they can re release, so they gotta make new games now.

Right?
It's obvious that Nintendo blew their load with the Switch's lineup in 2017 and 2018, but you're overlooking a few huge releases, like Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and Animal Crossing. There has been absolutely nothing since, though. Hopefully Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity can fill the void that 2020 has been so far. My Switch basically sits for a few months between every big release, and then I cannot put it down for a month when a big game comes out. It's a feast or famine console. It makes a good secondary console, with Xbox/PC taking most of my main gaming, and Switch is there for backup.

I don't think it's fair to compare Smash Ultimate to Smash 4, though. Ultimate made me forget about Smash4.

Lego city undercover got a port as well, which is great as it a rearly fun Lego game.

Response to The Wii U 2021-01-17 02:42:03

At 10/17/20 07:33 PM, realwhatshisface wrote: Well, when I was younger, I loved all the games like Splatoon, Super Mario 3D World, and Super Mario Maker. Those games are UP THERE on my list of favorites so...

Same, but with Lego city undercover in that list.

Response to The Wii U 2021-01-20 01:31:27

At 1/17/21 07:31 AM, orgablu wrote: I never had a Wii U so I presume I missed out on some pretty damn good games. But I mean, that's what the re-releases of Wii U games on Switch are for right? Wii U didn't sell particularly well so reselling it for a console people actually bought is a pretty good idea. Also, I never really cared for the "Gamepad" gimmick or whatever it was called.

Honestly, you didn't really miss much of any good games on the Wii-U because 99% of all games released on the Wii-U is already on the Switch. But like you mentioned about having to sell the Wii-U just to buy the Switch because the Wii-U fucked up from the start, which is a huge pain because after spending $300 and 3 years later, you sell it for 1/3-1/2 of that (unless you got lucky and you catch a trade-in deal and get 3/4 of that price). On top of that, having to sell your Wii-U games and buy the same game ported to the Switch is also a pain in the ass as well, so I hear ya.