00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DashXero just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What is your favourite animated film?

424 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So, 2020 wasn't a good year for animation (mainly because of covid) so to ignore that stuff happening, I've been watching a lot of animated movies from the 2010's and so on, I think the best of them all is Kung Fu Panda 2 mainly because of its themes of inner peace and the past. I could just kinda relate to Po as he struggles to let go of his past and come to terms with it. The Villain of the movie, Lord Shen, is amazing, Gary Oldman did a really good job as him and he comes of as threatening almost more than Tai Lung ever did. Even though KFP 2 got rid of the things I liked about the first one like the dynamic between Shifu and Po, it still managed to do things that are well executed.

So I am wondering what is your favourite animated film and if KFP 2 is different to you and think it's ok, bad, or better than the original.

At 8/29/20 11:31 PM, MacintoshMojave wrote: So the new Call of Duty trailer has been revealed and I thought it was great, the music slaps (New Order by Blue Monday) the graphics don't look half bad, and it looks promising as an in between of Black Ops 1 and 2.

I'm wondering on how you guys think of the trailer and how you guys think of Black Ops Cold War because the newest Modern Warfare was amazing, it felt like the proper comeback to the glory days of COD. So I wonder if you think this one would continue the trend of it is going to be disappointing like COD WW2.

shite, posted this on the wrong thing, changed the thing tho

Response to What is your favourite animated film? 2020-09-01 20:14:55

There are several, so I'll list ten of my favorites off the top of my head (in no particular order--and just features):

Paprika

Patima Inverted

The Aristocats

Ghost in the Shell

Moana

The Triplets of Belleville

The Incredibles

Fantasia

Akira

Welcome to the Space Show

Response to What is your favourite animated film? 2020-09-01 21:07:01

REDLiiiiiIIIIINNNNEEE

directed by takeshi koike

iu_163023_6977923.gif

Response to What is your favourite animated film? 2020-09-01 21:26:19

A lot of them fill a different niche, but my all-time favorite is probably Akira. In the dearth of new movies coming out, my local theater recently screened it, and it does more than hold up. Didn't matter that it was JP audio and Mandarin subs, I saw it enough times and the storytelling is done so effectively through the visuals that I didn't miss a beat.

My favorite animated movie from more recent years is pretty easily Enter the Spiderverse, despite me not being much of a spiderman fan overall.

Response to What is your favourite animated film? 2020-09-02 07:18:40

I don't have any absolute favorites but there are some I like very much.

Galaxy Express 999

Megazone 23: Part 1 & Part 2

Macross: Do You Remember Love

Royal Space Force

Arcadia of My Youth

Urusei Yatsura: Only You & Beautiful Dreamer

Perfect Blue

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favourite animated film? 2020-09-02 13:32:08

Here are ten.

1. The Lion King
  2. The Brave Little Toaster
  3. The Secret of NIMH
  4. Kiki's Delivery Service
  5. The Lord of the Rings
  6. Fantasia
  7. Grave of the Fireflies
  8. How to Train Your Dragon
  9. Pokemon: The First Movie
  10. Fritz the Cat

Response to What is your favourite animated film? 2020-09-02 13:34:36

At 9/2/20 01:32 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Here are ten.

Oh gosh, forgot about Kiki, Kiki will always be in my heart one the best animated films, it is also the best Ghibli film.

Response to What is your favourite animated film? 2020-09-02 23:53:45

At 8/29/20 11:31 PM, MacintoshMojave wrote: So, 2020 wasn't a good year for animation (mainly because of covid) so to ignore that stuff happening, I've been watching a lot of animated movies from the 2010's and so on, I think the best of them all is Kung Fu Panda 2 mainly because of its themes of inner peace and the past. I could just kinda relate to Po as he struggles to let go of his past and come to terms with it. The Villain of the movie, Lord Shen, is amazing, Gary Oldman did a really good job as him and he comes of as threatening almost more than Tai Lung ever did. Even though KFP 2 got rid of the things I liked about the first one like the dynamic between Shifu and Po, it still managed to do things that are well executed.

So I am wondering what is your favourite animated film and if KFP 2 is different to you and think it's ok, bad, or better than the original.

South Park Bigger, Longer and Uncut for sure

Merry Christmas :3

Response to What is your favourite animated film? 2020-09-07 18:17:32

At 9/1/20 09:07 PM, Turbosalt wrote: REDLiiiiiIIIIINNNNEEE

My man.

iu_165288_3025451.gif

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favourite animated film? 2020-10-04 16:56:15

I watch a lot of animated films so answering this is a tad bit difficult for me. Instead here's a list of my favorite animated movies!!

1. The Lion King
  2. A Goofy Movie
  3. Fritz The Cat
  4. The Nightmare Before Christmas
  5. Coraline
  6. Toy Story
  7. Ratatouille
  8. Spider-Man:Into The Spiderverse

Response to What is your favourite animated film? 2020-10-07 15:25:07

Response to What is your favourite animated film? 2020-10-07 15:34:35

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favourite animated film? 2020-10-07 15:48:00

Click (2006)

professional ema skye shitposter

BBS Signature

Response to What is your favourite animated film? 2020-10-09 15:54:33

Shrek 2

Spider-Verse

The Prince of Egypt

Shrek 2

South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Shrek 2

I really don't know what to put on here.