00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

On june 31th I published a game and it still under judgement.

360 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

It means that my game got blammed?

At 7/2/20 10:08 AM, Danilock wrote: It means that my game got blammed?

No, it's fine. It just needs a rating of 1.75 and at least 90 votes to pass.

At 7/2/20 11:26 AM, RaIix wrote:
At 7/2/20 10:08 AM, Danilock wrote: It means that my game got blammed?
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/759193
No, it's fine. It just needs a rating of 1.75 and at least 90 votes to pass.

Thanks for the info!! :D But now I'm kinda worried... it means that my game was being played those 2 days and is receiving bad reviews? that's why is taking too long to be uploaded? D:

At 7/2/20 12:12 PM, Danilock wrote: Thanks for the info!! :D But now I'm kinda worried... it means that my game was being played those 2 days and is receiving bad reviews? that's why is taking too long to be uploaded? D:

No, if it was receiving bad reviews, it would be blammed sooner. Besides, you should already see the reviews, you just don't see people who only vote and leave without a review.

It will pass, eventually. It's a good game, but it takes a while to start, which is why some people might have left without a vote.

Personally, I've seen your game yesterday, but didn't vote on it until you asked here. You precede the game with a 'Credits' sequence, and it takes a while (a minute? two?) to get started (i.e. until you can actually move the character). And since I missed the message about "mouse to move the platforms" I didn't know how to progress past the first bridge. So I left without a vote, intending to get back at it.

Now I didn't leave a review yet, because I didn't finish the game, but to me, there are conflicting quality indicators, which is another reason why I would normally postpone voting until I get to play the entire thing.

A lengthy intro, but it looks like a fun game with nice graphics, varied enemies, three kinds of attacks and probably a neat story, even with cutscenes. Interesting gameplay mechanics, too.

Everything, however, is blurry (with visible seams), except the UI, and the lighting is weird (…2D lights? pixel perfect?). And the controls are "WASD, JKL, mouse" therefore you have to move hands to control everything. You can easily skip monsters if you want (and there seems to be no benefit from killing them), but when a cutscene triggers, monsters can still attack and kill you. The camera sometimes skips a lot (especially in the dark cave).

But overall I believe – despite the flaws – it will be pretty good, even though I only completed the first level.

Perhaps some people had a similar thought process and also didn't want to vote right away until they've seen enough of the game. But don't worry, I don't think there's a huge risk of the game being blammed.

... “June 31th”?

BBS Signature

At 7/2/20 01:14 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: ...
... “June 31th”?

Oh, I deleted the game. It had a huge bug and right now I'm fixing it.

At 7/2/20 01:18 PM, Danilock wrote:
... “June 31th”?

I think your bug may have deleted the date in the calendar, too.

BBS Signature

At 7/2/20 01:19 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 7/2/20 01:18 PM, Danilock wrote:
... “June 31th”?
I think your bug may have deleted the date in the calendar, too.

Rofl. 30th*