00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Banana Head's Music thread!

11,634 Views | 150 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-11 04:47:18

Ayy hi everyone, this is my first topic ever on newgrounds, decided to make it about sharing my work with the forum, im banana head (i go by nothing_face nowadays on other sites, banana head was the silly name my 13yo self came up with when i created this acc).

Im a 20yo amateur musician from Brazil who mainly plays metal and its bazillion sub genres, math rock (I try to, it's a tricky genre to play) and recently i started trying synthwave.

So lets begin

I started back in 2016 posting some bad phone recordings of me playing songs i liked, it was the first time i started recording myself playing:

A cover of Undertale's Home, it was a game that i was really into at the time and I have very fond memories of it. Home is one of my favorite tracks from it's ost and i was super happy to learn it, tho i unlearned it over these years.

2 more guitar covers, both from tv shows i was into at the time:

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-11 04:58:09

2 years later until i finally post something again, in the meantime i was focusing more on posting on my SoundCloud acc, ill post my favorite tracks from there later.

In 2018 finally started recording distorted guitar stuff with my phone, which its what i wanted to do since always but didn't have the means to at the time (i actually could have just downloaded a daw , download some drunkit plugin and plug my amp into the PC but i had no idea that such things existed at the time, i was dumb).

Those are demos (shitty recording? call it a demo and you're good to go) from metal songs i was working at the time, nowadays both songs are finished and they're going to a EP I'll be working with my drummer soon:

Plus a cover of burzum's The Crying Orc, i chose this song because it was simple, no bass, no drums, just 2 guitar tracks playing simultaneously. Recorded with a garage band like app for Android.

Also a original acoustic guitar song i did at the time but i don't like it very much, but here it is anyway

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-11 05:14:55

Next year after some more metal song demos, my dumb head finally figured out i could use guitar pro 6's drums as a drum machine for my recordings, and so i did.

This is a phone recording of me and my band improvising something, we were basing the jam on a The Wytches kinda sound:

This was one time my drummer and i played in one go some small grindcore songs I wrote, it was the first recording of our grindcore project that would later become a EP that we're re-recording (the first record sucked even for grindcore standards)

This was when i started trying synthwave, a genre that a friend introduced me to. i don't know if it fits the synthwave criteria but I tried. Since i had no idea how to use daws and plug ins and midi trackers, i wrote everything on guitar pro and exported its WAV file sound, to this day i still use guitar pro 6 sounds on my synth songs which is very limiting, I really should learn how to work with MIDI outside of guitar pro.

In the end of the year i started using reaper to record my guitar and put guitar pro drums together, i made 2 black metal songs with it since i had no idea how to mix stuff and black metal isn't a very production demanding genre. One of these 2 songs are a rerecording of the black metal demo i posted a year ago. They're both going into a black metal EP im working on, set to be released whenever my drummer finish writing the lyrics and recording the vocals for it..... please be patient

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-11 05:28:11

Now on to the current year, as you can see on my profile its where i really got productive, i released 3 EPs already, one being a Voivod inspired metal EP, a synthwave EP and a math rock EP, the first 2 can be found here, i haven't uploaded the math rock ep here yet.

All the sounds from the synthwave EP comes from guitar pro' sound engine lol, my personal favorite songs being Serenity, which was less synthwave and more of a attempt at chill JRPG music, and Release which is in 5/8. Also i added a cover of Coin Song from final fantasy 6 as the last track.

Guerra aos Voivodas, the Voivod inspired metal EP

https://creepmachine.bandcamp.com/album/guerra-aos-voivodas

Dream Eater, the Synthwave (kinda) EP

https://creepmachine.bandcamp.com/album/dream-eater

How Fragile Is The Flame That Burn Within Us All To Light Each Passing Day, the math rock EP (quite a mouthful of a title, i know, its the final verse from Bad Religion's song Billy, and yeah it should be "burns" instead of just "burn" but i realized that after releasing it, oh well), thanks to my drummer for mixing everything for me and adding vocals on the fourth track, it wasn't on the plans and really liked how it turned out.

https://creepmachine.bandcamp.com/album/how-fragile-is-the-flame-that-burn-within-us-all-to-light-each-passing-day

Now to the other songs i posted in 2020, there's more synthwave songs made on guitar pro which will the next synth EP and lots of metal songs that ill be releasing on an full album in the future called Resíduos de Quarentena ( or "quarantine residues" in english)

Phobos was a song that was previously posted here, now it has a name and now this uses a fuzz pedal that i got recently

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-11 05:41:32

This is a cover of my drummer's other band Regular Boat Driver, i had the chance to play this song live once with them and it was a blast.

and here's the original song

https://regularboatdriver.bandcamp.com/track/sister-chance

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-11 05:43:26

This is 2 covers of 2 well known brazilian bossa nova/samba songs that i was rly happy to learn

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-11 05:46:44

This is the first time i wrote something with complex harmony, i wrote them on a insomniac episode in the middle of the night. Im pretty proud of this song not just because i was able to write something this complex for me but also because i was able to understand the theory behind every chord i was chosing.

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-11 05:47:40

Nothing much to say here, its a stoner/blues improvisation i made

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-11 05:50:55

Those are the other guitar pro songs, im really proud of Caravan because i managed to make 2 completely different songs out of the same chord progression

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-11 05:52:43

And finally my entry to this year's AIM, its my first time participating, it was based on one of my favorite art pieces on this site

And here's a few posts from my soundcloud that never made it to newgrounds for some reason

deep in my soundcloud history theres also the recordings of my old indie rock band that i refuse to post here lmao, it sucks

https://soundcloud.com/gabrielsop00/dire-dire-docks-guitar-cover

https://soundcloud.com/gabrielsop00/your-reality-doki-doki

https://soundcloud.com/gabrielsop00/its-over-isnt-it-guitar-cover

https://soundcloud.com/gabrielsop00/howls-moving-castle-theme

https://soundcloud.com/gabrielsop00/steven-universe-love-like-you

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-13 13:41:16

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-15 00:14:51

pretty good stuff my dude

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-15 01:05:08

At 6/15/20 12:14 AM, HighBallers wrote: pretty good stuff my dude

Thanks man!

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-16 13:44:22

My first attempt at a piano piece

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-18 20:35:11

Short thrash song made a while ago, just added another guitar layer and a solo

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-23 13:39:14

Short black metal song from some time ago, finally finished it.

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-25 18:21:27

Death Metal song inspired by the band Death, especially their early stuff. It was fun to play this.

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-25 18:23:55

Cover of Chet Baker's I Fall In Love Too Easily, it was interesting trying to solo over this cause i suck at soloing over jazz and i thought it was a good exercise to try on this one.

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-25 23:11:20

Remake of 80s metal, now with a different amp VST and a bass track

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-27 13:53:35

2 more old guitar covers rescued from my soundcloud

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-06-29 14:11:08

Attempt at a pop punk song, mixed like shit as always but this time i think i outdid myself, this *really* sounds like shit

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-07-08 04:13:40

New song inspired by the general sound of slayer's first album

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-07-19 22:19:45

2 short speed metal songs

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-07-19 22:21:28

My longest song yet, since its black metal i decided to take a step back in quality and use guitar pro drums again, kvlt guitar pro sounds ist Krieg

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-08-19 00:02:56

My entry for this year's NGUAC 2020

inspired by bands like Sleep, Electric Wizard, etc

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-08-27 13:11:11

Cover of Paulinho Nogueira's arrangement of Baden Powell's Samba em Prelúdio.

heres the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3omYbJXGTA

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-08-27 13:12:15

Another electronic song made with guitar pro 6 sounds

Response to Banana Head's Music thread! 2020-08-27 13:49:39

A cover of my favorite Beatles song