00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Feenixs just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tv Show Fanatics Club

135,515 Views | 2,175 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-05-09 03:45:07

At 5/8/19 09:12 AM, Quisty wrote: Just watching sports. Shohei Ohtani went 0-for-4 with an RBI in his season debut. The Angels ended a two-game slide with a win crushing my Tigers :(

I am going to guess that you are talking about baseball. Correct?

Game of Thrones has been good. Be sure to increase the brightness on your tv for some new eps lol.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying Game of Thrones.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-05-11 13:22:38

Am I the only one is over Game of Thrones?

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-05-11 23:32:21

Not a GoT guy so can't comment on it. I did watch all of Band of Brothers last week and man can HBO make some quality TV. I felt like I was a member of Easy Company right there in Europe during every episode.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-05-12 03:32:58

At 5/11/19 01:22 PM, DiscoPotato wrote: Am I the only one is over Game of Thrones?

It can really be over hyped. Some people wont stop name dropping as well. Ugh

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-05-12 19:51:29

I was not a fan of got for years when it started out a friend (not anyone here) had told me about it and once I got into it it was addicting

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-05-17 00:06:31

At 5/12/19 07:51 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I was not a fan of got for years when it started out a friend (not anyone here) had told me about it and once I got into it it was addicting

I have only seen a few episodes. When I have more free time, whenever that is, I have to watch them all.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-05-21 03:21:59

At 5/12/19 07:58 PM, Quisty wrote: Ive been watching it since day one. My father hates the show but I do enjoy it. Excited to watch more tonight.

Why does your Father hate the show? You should keep watching it.

At 5/19/19 12:57 AM, Quisty wrote: Last ever episode of got tonight. The last episode blew as they changed characters too much just for a good action scene.

I have heard many fans were disappointed with the last episode.

Rip GoT. Last episode.

Which show will you be watching next?

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-05-21 13:33:53

So saw the last ep of game of throwns and while ill say it was not the best they could of have done with the ending of a show the show itself was good a little dissapointed on how the direction of the ending kind of like a dissapointed when sopronos ended aswell but all is good and now thats one show out of the way.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-05-22 02:45:10

At 5/20/19 01:06 PM, lamb612000 wrote: The ending of Game of Thrones was so bad. Such a let down after watching it all. I'm not going to watch anymore episodes.

Its over. There are no more episodes to watch.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-05-24 21:59:52

At 5/24/19 01:38 PM, lamb612000 wrote:
At 5/22/19 02:45 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/20/19 01:06 PM, lamb612000 wrote: The ending of Game of Thrones was so bad. Such a let down after watching it all. I'm not going to watch anymore episodes.
Its over. There are no more episodes to watch.
It was a joke. You are such a dorkfish.

I knew that. I was just being funny. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-05-26 16:44:40

So whats on tap for tv shows people???

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-06-01 02:40:22

At 5/26/19 04:44 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: So whats on tap for tv shows people???

Just finished rewatching all of House.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-06-01 23:03:13

At 6/1/19 02:40 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 5/26/19 04:44 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: So whats on tap for tv shows people???
Just finished rewatching all of House.

Great show! I've been barely watching TV lately, but when I do I've been grinding through IASIP.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-06-10 14:19:27

At 6/1/19 11:03 PM, Atlas wrote:
At 6/1/19 02:40 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Just finished rewatching all of House.
Great show! I've been barely watching TV lately, but when I do I've been grinding through IASIP.

That last season drops the quality, and the finale is debatable.

How are you liking IASIP?

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-06-10 22:29:47

At 6/10/19 02:19 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: That last season drops the quality, and the finale is debatable.

So far so good. It's crazy how much insane for television jokes they have. It's a hoot!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-06-14 01:35:12

At 6/10/19 10:29 PM, Atlas wrote:
At 6/10/19 02:19 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: That last season drops the quality, and the finale is debatable.

So far so good. It's crazy how much insane for television jokes they have. It's a hoot!

I agree that its awesome. There should really be more shows like it.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-06-21 01:48:16

At 6/20/19 02:52 PM, lamb612000 wrote: I like River Dale. My fave goes back and forth from Betty and Veronica.

They are both hott in different ways. Which one do you identify with?

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-06-24 12:54:53

At 6/21/19 04:08 PM, lamb612000 wrote:
At 6/21/19 01:48 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 6/20/19 02:52 PM, lamb612000 wrote: I like River Dale. My fave goes back and forth from Betty and Veronica.
Probably Betty. I am more of a nice and sweet girl. I'm totally not a manipulator like Veronica.

Really? Are you sure you have never manipulated any man? Not even once?

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-06-27 02:18:32

At 6/26/19 02:35 PM, lamb612000 wrote:
At 6/24/19 12:54 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 6/21/19 04:08 PM, lamb612000 wrote:
At 6/21/19 01:48 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Probably Betty. I am more of a nice and sweet girl. I'm totally not a manipulator like Veronica.
Really? Are you sure you have never manipulated any man? Not even once?
Not even once. I just wear crop tops, short skirts, and fishnets for my fashion sense.

I'm sure you only wear that to get lots of attention. Lots and lots of attention.

RiverDale has some good mysteries, and a nice cast of lovely ladies.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-07-04 11:33:25

Watched Twin Peaks: The Return part 8 last night, ama. @absurd-ditties @dean

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-07-04 13:02:10

At 7/4/19 11:33 AM, Jackho wrote: Watched Twin Peaks: The Return part 8 last night, ama. @absurd-ditties @dean

Got a light?

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-07-05 19:01:37 (edited 2019-07-05 19:06:42)

At 7/4/19 01:02 PM, Absurd-Ditties wrote:
At 7/4/19 11:33 AM, Jackho wrote: Watched Twin Peaks: The Return part 8 last night, ama. @absurd-ditties @dean
Got a light?

Here's more thoughts since I have nowhere else to regurgitate them. In all honesty I thought it was overhyped. It's a great episode, but having heard extreme reactions right from its release my expectations were out of wack.

I was actually surprised with how straight forward it was, after so many 'what the fuck did I just watch' reactions - not that it isn't weird or that I can explain every detail of it, but I found the gist of it easy to follow.

Here's how I saw it, trying to keep it simple:

-The new mexico nuke either created the glass box creature, or allowed it to enter this dimension from somewhere else.

-Glass box creature spawned Bob in larvae form.

-In response the Giant creates, uh, like the essence that would become Laura, or Laura herself, or maybe it was an attempt at a protection spell, or maybe it wasn't literally Laura and her image was just used to convey the idea of 'goodness,' or...

-Other black lodge dudes have some investment in keeping Bob alive. They brought Booper back after the gunshot, and way back when helped him take form in the first place. Maybe the black lodge entities are regular evil, while Bob comes from somewhere else and is amped up super-evil.

In the OG series Harry had a line about Bob being "the evil that men do," that taken literally it makes sense if the nuke is what spawned him. Leland also had a line that Bob was powerless until he invited him in (paraphrase), so it seems to me Bob is more like a parasite that leeches off and enables his host's behavior, but doesn't actually control. I think Cooper himself killed Windom Earle in the black lodge and that was him "inviting Bob in."

Alternatively, Bob as we know him was a normal man who the bug implanted, who later became confined to the black lodge, which means the lodge and the place the glass box creature (and maybe the giant) came from are entirely separate places. So the bug is in Bob who's now possessing Cooper, the bug is implanted in Cooper by proxy.

There's also some theme of criticizing communication technology going on, in that it was the radio that lulled the adults to sleep, so they wouldn't see what happened to the girl. It might tie back to Jacoby using radio / livestreaming to mislead people and shill his shovels, and Laura's mother having an absolutely massive TV feeding her violent imagery and not much else going on. Maybe she was similarly lulled by technology so as not to notice what was happening with Laura.

That's contrasted by the skype call to Doc Hayward in the previous episode. It's hardly as simple as "technology bad, except sometimes" but that's basically what I got thus far, tech can help us better communicate until someone hijacks it to mislead, and the lonelier denizens of Twin Peaks are the most susceptible to the negative end. In Lynch's masterclass he mentioned that he wrote The Return with Frost entirely over Skype, so communication tech may have been on their mind the entire time.

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-07-09 11:43:21

I just started season four of Seinfeld last night. I've seen bits and pieces of Seinfeld throughout the years, but I figured I should give it a proper run. Each episode is funnier than the last. I'm trying to work on NBC shows before the NBC streaming service comes out and takes all the shows away.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-07-10 02:08:38

I was never a fan of Westerns, but The Rifleman is not that bad. I have been watching it.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-07-13 02:55:03

At 7/12/19 11:09 PM, FireWater01 wrote:
At 7/10/19 02:08 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I was never a fan of Westerns, but The Rifleman is not that bad. I have been watching it.
Will have to check it out.

Are you a fan of Westerns? If so, which is your favorite?

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-07-16 12:03:01

Just started watching Breaking Bad and it is so great! I'm currently in the middle of season 3.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-07-16 19:42:58

At 7/16/19 12:03 PM, DavidCassidy wrote: Just started watching Breaking Bad and it is so great! I'm currently in the middle of season 3.

May have to re-watch it again also. Such a phenomenal show!

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-08-02 23:17:31

At 7/16/19 12:03 PM, DavidCassidy wrote: Just started watching Breaking Bad and it is so great! I'm currently in the middle of season 3.

Yes one of my fave all time shows I have the series on DVD and rewatch it a number of times

After you finish that series pick up just call series you will enjoy it as they link up decent together with cast members from breaking bad

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-08-03 08:08:21

At 8/2/19 11:17 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Yes one of my fave all time shows I have the series on DVD and rewatch it a number of times

After you finish that series pick up just call series you will enjoy it as they link up decent together with cast members from breaking bad

~X~

Just watched the first episode of Better Call Saul! It was really good. I had no idea Breaking Bad had a spin-off until just recently.

BBS Signature

Response to Tv Show Fanatics Club 2019-08-08 03:40:50

Update, I'm on the second season of Better Call Saul and it's such a great show! So glad I decided to watch it.

BBS Signature