00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tshtsh17 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Question from a newbie NG Artist...

188 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey all!

Just joined and recently started posting in the art section (nsfw stuff, fair warning). I started posting a ton of art before getting scouted, and I've noticed that after getting scouted, I'm getting a lot more attention on each picture posted compared to the pre-scouted ones. So, I'm just wondering... is it frowned upon to delete and repost images now that I'm scouted? Or is that a common practice? Just wondering if it would be considered bad etiquette.

HB

I think that might actually be against the rules.

I'll have to check the wiki to be sure.

Edit: It doesn't look like it, I was thinking of the rule against reuploading a movie after it gets blammed. I still wouldn't do it though.

Really, it's not necessary anyway. If people like your work then they'll dig through your backlog, reposting every old piece would just be a waste of your time and an annoyance to your followers, I know I hate it when my feed gets clogged up with one artist because they decided to dump a thousand drawings in the portal all at once. I think I've actually unfollowed a couple people because of it.

RedSnake's the name, out of character and gae is the game.

Response to Question from a newbie NG Artist... 2020-03-16 10:35:42

Thanks for the helpful answer!

Yeah, I was afraid it would irritate people, but at the same time, I really don't have many followers yet, and I wasn't planning on dumping them all at once, more like one or two a day. Glad that it's not against the rules, and I really appreciate you actually checking that for me.

HB

At 3/16/20 08:46 AM, BillyRedSnake wrote: I think that might actually be against the rules.
I'll have to check the wiki to be sure.
Edit: It doesn't look like it, I was thinking of the rule against reuploading a movie after it gets blammed. I still wouldn't do it though.
Really, it's not necessary anyway. If people like your work then they'll dig through your backlog, reposting every old piece would just be a waste of your time and an annoyance to your followers, I know I hate it when my feed gets clogged up with one artist because they decided to dump a thousand drawings in the portal all at once. I think I've actually unfollowed a couple people because of it.

At 3/16/20 12:22 AM, HentaiBoy2 wrote: is it frowned upon to delete and repost images now that I'm scouted?

Yes, it is, please don't do that. Just post your new work, and the people who want to see your older work know where to find it.

If there's a specific drawing you want more feedback on, you can make an art thread here and ask the community.

Response to Question from a newbie NG Artist... 2020-03-16 21:11:09

OK, OK, color me convinced.

Glad I asked first.

HB

At 3/16/20 08:33 PM, JackDCurleo wrote:
At 3/16/20 12:22 AM, HentaiBoy2 wrote: is it frowned upon to delete and repost images now that I'm scouted?
Yes, it is, please don't do that. Just post your new work, and the people who want to see your older work know where to find it.
If there's a specific drawing you want more feedback on, you can make an art thread here and ask the community.