00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGADM and NGUAC and AIM?!?!

958 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NGADM and NGUAC and AIM?!?! 2020-03-14 13:30:20

Hello fellow Newgrounders! The 2020 contest season is fast approaching as you might already be aware. This year is no different than seasons past but there's some changes I'm excited to announce.

1) When exactly are the contests going to take place?

The dates could change if need be, but between myself and @Random-storykeeper we've determined that AIM (Art-Inspired Music contest) should take place between Friday, April 17 as the start date and Monday, June 22 as the deadline. NGADM (Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch) is tentatively scheduled for June 29 through mid October. As for NGUAC (Newgrounds Underdog Audio Contest) is not exactly set in stone yet, but could start taking place near the end of NGADM.

2) Who's running these contest?

As for a quick rundown, @Random-storykeeper is going to be working with the AIM. Teams are still being developed to help run the contest but she'll be posting a thread with more details from that. As for the NGUAC, @TaintedLogic has been running in the past and will likely be running this year as well. For the NGADM, I've currently stepped up to help lead the contest, and, what's super exciting for me, @johnfn has stepped up to lead it as well. So we'll be co-leading it together.

3) How is this being organized?

This for me is the most exciting part of this. Aside from using Newgrounds forums and PM's, I'm also pleased to announce that there is a discord server we're using to communicate. Which you can also join here! https://discord.gg/tyyh5VU Let me explain a bit more about this. This isn't just the NGADM discord, or the NGUAC or AIM discord, but this is the Newgrounds Audio contest discord that we all can use to chat and discuss with the Newgrounds community about contests, music composition and production, and whatever else you're willing to share (within reason). This means if you have another contest you'd like to see happen in Newgrounds, we can organize it through here. While contests are going on, we can have discussion groups take place here alongside the forums. Spectators can also join to discuss what's going on in the contest or make suggestions, and this also gives a great opportunity to bring to light other smaller contests that have potential to gaining traction. This also means that we could support contests happening all year around instead of waiting until the next big NG audio contest forum.

I for one am excited about this year's contest season, but I'm also really excited to see how we can better utilize other channels for communicating and sharing as part of a Newgrounds Audio/Art community. Things are only just starting to pick up some momentum, but before you know it, the contests will already be here and musicians and producers will start wowing each other and the community here.

As a quick note, we are never in a surplus of judges. If you think you have what it takes to detail what makes a good song good and a bad song bad, we'd always appreciate those who step up. More to come as time goes on, but it's starting to become that time of the year again.

Peace,

Spadezer

DM me if you want a review!

BBS Signature

Response to NGADM and NGUAC and AIM?!?! 2020-03-26 11:17:19

yesyesyeyseyeyesyesyesyyeyseyesyeseyeyesyesyesyeyyessyesyeysyesyeyyesyesyesyesyesyeSYESYESYESEYSEYESYSESESYESYESEYSESEYSEESYESEYSEYEYSEYSEYEYSEYEYSEYEYSYEY

Exploring and shaping this Universe.

BBS Signature