00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of February we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 215 people to reach our goal of 3,100 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in March!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Does anyone NOT have depression

380 Views | 42 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Does anyone NOT have depression 2020-02-10 04:31:10

At 2/10/20 04:24 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Maybe it's not depression, but a realistic outlook on the grim state of the world

iu_92670_2278460.jpg

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

On every ship that floats and sails, there's someone who the captain nails.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone NOT have depression 2020-02-10 04:33:57

At 2/10/20 04:31 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 2/10/20 04:24 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Maybe it's not depression, but a realistic outlook on the grim state of the world
You win the award for best post of the day!

thanks for the gold kind stranger

Dora's Bike | Descent Club | Sig by byteslinger. Click for my Twitch channel.

BBS Signature

At 2/8/20 08:05 PM, Wegra wrote: Like I am honestly convinced everyone these days has it. I cant imagine one single person who never had to go through a low point in there life . Its nearly impossible

I used to 10 or so years ago. I cured it with a combination of next-gen memedicine and ancient technology. And by that I mean eurobeat and 90s hentai.

I put an african elephant in my fridge but I don't know how to get it out...

I'm usually over here.

"Depression" is a meme.

Response to Does anyone NOT have depression 2020-02-10 23:27:47

Depression is one of those things that I think has lost its meaning. Just like how people use "autism" to describe any social behavior that deviates from the norm, "depression" is used in place of the word "malaise".

I don't have depression! I actually had a pretty great last couple of days too! I've got two stories I'm concurrently writing, and one of them is in heavy worldbuilding right now, and it is kind of giving me a god's complex. Seriously though, creating is such a nice feeling.

Also I know I'm probably just preaching to the choir here, but I think such a binary view of depression is inherently wrong. Of course some rough patches are natural, one cannot truly appreciate the light without experiencing darkness (hell, when I was in middle school, I attempted hanging myself twice, and yet now I'm very very happy in life), but I think it's more like a bell curve.

Towards one end, you have the few people on one extreem who only ever feel sadness, and on the other you have the equally few people who are always always happy. In the middle we have the majority who experience both, and may lean more to one side or another (in other words, they may experience more sadness or more happiness, but are still "normal").

If I'm online, I'm probably procrastinating something...

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone NOT have depression 2020-02-11 04:20:22

Not to sound like the fun police but ..

I think it is vastly under reported on how wireless technology interferes with your brain and body's electrical signals.

I too thought I was depressed for many, many years. Then one day I learned about that. Started turning my router off at night. Stopped sleeping with my phone next to me and was already not using a laptop at that point.

Also improved my diet to include fruit and physical routine a bit ...and... What do you know. I actually feel normal again.

Simple changes, made a massive difference.

Response to Does anyone NOT have depression 2020-02-11 05:01:54

Can't tell if severe depression or just chronical vitutus.

iu_92926_2594597.gif

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone NOT have depression 2020-02-11 05:30:04

WHY BE DEPRESSED WHEN YOU COULD BE HATEFUL?

Response to Does anyone NOT have depression 2020-02-12 13:54:46

At 2/10/20 11:27 PM, Chdonga wrote: Depression is one of those things that I think has lost its meaning. Just like how people use "autism" to describe any social behavior that deviates from the norm, "depression" is used in place of the word "malaise".

But is it still malaise if it never ends?

You can't fight for peace. If you fight, there ain't peace. NO, I'M NOT AMERICAN!

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone NOT have depression 2020-02-12 15:13:33

At 2/12/20 01:54 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 2/10/20 11:27 PM, Chdonga wrote: Depression is one of those things that I think has lost its meaning. Just like how people use "autism" to describe any social behavior that deviates from the norm, "depression" is used in place of the word "malaise".

Idk man I'm not a depression scientist. It could also be a chemical imbalance or vitamin D deficiency.

Response to Does anyone NOT have depression 2020-02-12 23:03:19

Is there a word for someone who is both parts optimistic and pessimistic? Does anyone here have a sizable amount of hope within their immediate friend groups and gets worse the further out you go or is it the opposite?

real smooth, like butter, I talk, and I stutter, uh, yea

Help

BBS Signature

Response to Does anyone NOT have depression 2020-02-14 10:13:31

At 2/12/20 03:13 PM, Chdonga wrote:
At 2/12/20 01:54 PM, DamnedByFate wrote:
Idk man I'm not a depression scientist. It could also be a chemical imbalance or vitamin D deficiency.

I for one call it realism.

Sig by Decky.

BBS Signature