00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Greaze01 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Thoughts on this story

336 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Thoughts on this story 2019-12-30 20:17:33

Before i publish to Fictionpress.com i wanted your feedback on this. This story is a very thinly veiled parody of Feminism today and those that use it to debase and shame men. anyway, here we go

Wives and Men

John could not comprehend why his wife had left him. He was rich, owned a multi billion dollar company that exported hardware to over 100 locations, never lacked for anything and always made sure her every need was met, whether it be food, sex or even making sure she had enough gas in her car. 

Every morning, he left her with a truly lavish breakfast, did her laundry, sorted her clothes alphabetically and made sure to clean last nights drunken rager. if anything, he should've left her, seeing as she had done nothing but complain, mope and raise a fuss. It was a miracle that he did not attack her.

"Oh honey, i'm cold, oh honey i need water, give me this, give me that" he repeated, mocking her whining as he walked into the bar and approached the bartender, asking him for a scotch. Taking a long sip, he thought back to that day and remembered her being especially critical of one thing he always valued: His desires.

In Maria's mind, Men were destined to act as stepping stones for women who would rise to the challenges of the decade. No one shared her narcissm and in fact, she was mocked by several of her friends over her backwards views, only digging herself deeper when she claimed that her worldview was correct and they were dead wrong. She went on an ill advised crusade to shame men everywhere and force them to take the roles originally designed for women, harrassed men at work and made it a point to deny any and all pleasure to Jason, to which she fully expected his gratitude for making him a "better man". Her mission resulted in sevn restraining orders filed against her, being blacklisted from the bar, declared persona non grata to Canada and Mexico and finally jailed for 2 months as angry husbands accused her of ruining their marriages, yet she still played up her martyr position, earning scorn and venom from everyone present.

In revenge, John stopped making her meals, forced her to do her own laundry, left clothes all over the place, and deliberately ruined her wedding photo's. He woke up chained to the bed, with he feet spread apart. A buzz saw was between them and as Maria entered, she started the motor. "Honey?" he pleaded as she walked out, "Honey, come back!" he pleaded as the saw got closer. At the last second, he managed to get free and dragged his wife to court. It took less than 30 seconds for the Jury to declare Maria insane and she was dragged to a psych ward, screaming that she would kill John when she got out. "you mean IF, you get out. You see sweetheart, all the men you pissed off are in there, eager to get revenge. I can let you out, if you agree to stop being such a whiny brat!" John hissed in her ear. 

Maria spat in his face as she was hauled away. "I STILL GET THE MONEY WHEN I GET OUT!" she screamed. John smiled as her grin went away as he had spent it all, informed the insurance company about the policy she had taken out on him and donated it all to charity. Yes, he was broke, but so was she, and he felt good about that.

Response to Thoughts on this story 2019-12-31 18:55:13

At 12/30/19 08:17 PM, nbomb wrote: Before i publish to Fictionpress.com i wanted your feedback on this. This story is a very thinly veiled parody of Feminism today and those that use it to debase and shame men. anyway, here we go

Wives and Men

John could not comprehend why his wife had left him. He was rich, owned a multi billion dollar company that exported hardware to over 100 locations, never lacked for anything and always made sure her every need was met, whether it be food, sex or even making sure she had enough gas in her car. 
Every morning, he left her with a truly lavish breakfast, did her laundry, sorted her clothes alphabetically and made sure to clean last nights drunken rager. if anything, he should've left her, seeing as she had done nothing but complain, mope and raise a fuss. It was a miracle that he did not attack her.

"Oh honey, i'm cold, oh honey i need water, give me this, give me that" he repeated, mocking her whining as he walked into the bar and approached the bartender, asking him for a scotch. Taking a long sip, he thought back to that day and remembered her being especially critical of one thing he always valued: His desires.

In Maria's mind, Men were destined to act as stepping stones for women who would rise to the challenges of the decade. No one shared her narcissm and in fact, she was mocked by several of her friends over her backwards views, only digging herself deeper when she claimed that her worldview was correct and they were dead wrong. She went on an ill advised crusade to shame men everywhere and force them to take the roles originally designed for women, harrassed men at work and made it a point to deny any and all pleasure to Jason, to which she fully expected his gratitude for making him a "better man". Her mission resulted in sevn restraining orders filed against her, being blacklisted from the bar, declared persona non grata to Canada and Mexico and finally jailed for 2 months as angry husbands accused her of ruining their marriages, yet she still played up her martyr position, earning scorn and venom from everyone present.

In revenge, John stopped making her meals, forced her to do her own laundry, left clothes all over the place, and deliberately ruined her wedding photo's. He woke up chained to the bed, with he feet spread apart. A buzz saw was between them and as Maria entered, she started the motor. "Honey?" he pleaded as she walked out, "Honey, come back!" he pleaded as the saw got closer. At the last second, he managed to get free and dragged his wife to court. It took less than 30 seconds for the Jury to declare Maria insane and she was dragged to a psych ward, screaming that she would kill John when she got out. "you mean IF, you get out. You see sweetheart, all the men you pissed off are in there, eager to get revenge. I can let you out, if you agree to stop being such a whiny brat!" John hissed in her ear. 

Maria spat in his face as she was hauled away. "I STILL GET THE MONEY WHEN I GET OUT!" she screamed. John smiled as her grin went away as he had spent it all, informed the insurance company about the policy she had taken out on him and donated it all to charity. Yes, he was broke, but so was she, and he felt good about that

Sounds like a warning to poor people.

Money doesn't buy happyness

In Case of Emergency Before 911 Pray 611 and Afterword Sing a Revolutionary 9611.

Genesis 9 Hebrews 11.Matthew 6 Luke 11.Psalm 96 Revolution 11 {Witness The Music}

Response to Thoughts on this story 2020-01-02 08:15:27

At 12/31/19 06:55 PM, MichaelJason1 wrote:
At 12/30/19 08:17 PM, nbomb wrote: Before i publish to Fictionpress.com i wanted your feedback on this. This story is a very thinly veiled parody of Feminism today and those that use it to debase and shame men. anyway, here we go

Wives and Men

Maria spat in his face as she was hauled away. "I STILL GET THE MONEY WHEN I GET OUT!" she screamed. John smiled as her grin went away as he had spent it all, informed the insurance company about the policy she had taken out on him and donated it all to charity. Yes, he was broke, but so was she, and he felt good about that
Sounds like a warning to poor people.

Money doesn't buy happiness

anyone else?

Response to Thoughts on this story 2020-01-02 15:40:43

Wives and Men

Maria spat in his face as she was hauled away. "I STILL GET THE MONEY WHEN I GET OUT!" she screamed. John smiled as her grin went away as he had spent it all, informed the insurance company about the policy she had taken out on him and donated it all to charity. Yes, he was broke, but so was she, and he felt good about that.

At one point John is referred to as "Jason". Overall? It's a good "revenge fantasy" I suppose. Granted things already seem so F-ed up between men and women already I prefer to indulge in the "tender loving" side of the fictional spectrum where true love can still be attained and the female who likes the main protagonist is always a "horny" nympho. lol.

Maria is definitely the woman most guys try to avoid. This story is probably best for guys whom have recently been divorced or went thru a break up.

Response to Thoughts on this story 2020-01-02 18:59:08

At 1/2/20 03:40 PM, nightsavior wrote:

Wives and Men

At one point John is referred to as "Jason". Overall? It's a good "revenge fantasy" I suppose. Granted things already seem so F-ed up between men and women already I prefer to indulge in the "tender loving" side of the fictional spectrum where true love can still be attained and the female who likes the main protagonist is always a "horny" nympho. lol.

Maria is definitely the woman most guys try to avoid. This story is probably best for guys whom have recently been divorced or went thru a break up.

thanks for catching that

Response to Thoughts on this story 2020-01-12 20:24:01

From the description, I was hoping for some anti-feminism fantasy, but it more of a co-dependency (the mistaken belief that self worth come from helping others, but eventually cashing in those point as justification be cruel - accept my protection or suffer my wrath or I can only protect you if stay on my plantation).

I think this is a little confusing & condensed. Perhaps reordering it a little might help.

Wives and Men

What are "His desires"? To please Maria? By the end, John gives away everything, extreme withdraw that could only be more extreme by committing suicide. What does John desire?

In revenge, John stopped making her meals, forced her to do her own laundry, left clothes all over the place, and deliberately ruined her wedding photo's. He woke up chained to the bed, with he feet spread apart. A buzz saw was between them and as Maria entered, she started the motor. "Honey?" he pleaded as she walked out, "Honey, come back!" he pleaded as the saw got closer.

This part is really confusing. Do you want her to come back with a chain saw? May be if in the first paragraph we were first introduced to some of John's weird fetishes like whips & chains this would make more sense. Or if John begs Maria to punish him, changed the word "revenge" to "a desperate attempt to motivate Maria to focus attention on John". Make John seem more cucked By yell "come back & trans form me into a woman with your chain saw of love".

At the last second, he managed to get free and dragged his wife to court. It took less than 30 seconds for the Jury to declare Maria insane and she was dragged to a psych ward, screaming that she would kill John when she got out. "you mean IF, you get out. You see sweetheart, all the men you pissed off are in there, eager to get revenge. I can let you out, if you agree to stop being such a whiny brat!" John hissed in her ear. 

Seriously only "30 seconds", what kind of fantasy world is this? How about, the Jury grants them a divorcee with John at fault (Cause why else would an insane person get money)? But John is so cucked that losing Maria, makes John so desperate that he donates the company, forcing them to both move in with John's mother who is even worse then Maria. Living with John's mother "fixes" Maria.

Response to Thoughts on this story 2020-01-14 20:41:03

At 1/12/20 08:24 PM, grimview wrote:
From the description, I was hoping for some anti-feminism fantasy, but it more of a co-dependency (the mistaken belief that self worth come from helping others, but eventually cashing in those point as justification be cruel - accept my protection or suffer my wrath or I can only protect you if stay on my plantation).
I think this is a little confusing & condensed. Perhaps reordering it a little might help.
Wives and Men

What are "His desires"? To please Maria? By the end, John gives away everything, extreme withdraw that could only be more extreme by committing suicide. What does John desire?

In revenge, John stopped making her meals, forced her to do her own laundry, left clothes all over the place, and deliberately ruined her wedding photo's. He woke up chained to the bed, with he feet spread apart. A buzz saw was between them and as Maria entered, she started the motor. "Honey?" he pleaded as she walked out, "Honey, come back!" he pleaded as the saw got closer.
This part is really confusing. Do you want her to come back with a chain saw? May be if in the first paragraph we were first introduced to some of John's weird fetishes like whips & chains this would make more sense. Or if John begs Maria to punish him, changed the word "revenge" to "a desperate attempt to motivate Maria to focus attention on John". Make John seem more cucked By yell "come back & trans form me into a woman with your chain saw of love".

At the last second, he managed to get free and dragged his wife to court. It took less than 30 seconds for the Jury to declare Maria insane and she was dragged to a psych ward, screaming that she would kill John when she got out. "you mean IF, you get out. You see sweetheart, all the men you pissed off are in there, eager to get revenge. I can let you out, if you agree to stop being such a whiny brat!" John hissed in her ear. 

Seriously only "30 seconds", what kind of fantasy world is this? How about, the Jury grants them a divorcee with John at fault (Cause why else would an insane person get money)? But John is so cucked that losing Maria, makes John so desperate that he donates the company, forcing them to both move in with John's mother who is even worse then Maria. Living with John's mother "fixes" Maria.

ok, what else?

Response to Thoughts on this story 2020-02-09 19:49:36

At 1/14/20 08:41 PM, nbomb wrote:
At 1/12/20 08:24 PM, grimview wrote:
Wives and Men

ok, what else?

I love it. You capture some of the stuff they teach anyone to believe this rues. I remember this type of thing was happening to me but it was the mothers who was doing this, while teach their daughters the same. I've encounter teachers at my high school teaching me sex ed who believes and speak the same manner. Providing no help to the females and make it the males job only thing they do or no sex for them. Treat them like criminals this goes up to school board which did not change at all.

You explain the mind set very well on both sides even though there's many ways to do it. The punishment for the crime is favor for both sides which is a problem. You capture the struggle of verbal abuse how males handle it and how close they will snap to hit.

I just hope the mid of the spectrum can be talk about it more than way up top extreme to way to low.