00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Project / Publishing System!

21,311 Views | 70 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-03 15:36:46

seems that I'm starting to like newgrounds

Quantum

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-03 22:07:31

<Obligatory yay congratulations at new stuff comment>

BBS Signature

At 1/2/20 11:17 AM, Zlargy wrote: In that case, thank you for the changes! It made it much easier for me to join last night and start posting. Though I do wonder if someone else out there has an old project format screenshot since you weren’t able to take any yourself?
Is that a page that webarchive/waybackmachine could have picked up? In terms of at least documenting how it used to be, it’s possibly still online via those sites.

Hmm digging through screencaps but it seems the only thing I saved in regard to the project pages was...

iu_83148_725545.jpg

...the main upload selection thing a few years back, which is pretty much the same today.

Would be cool if someone managed to eternalize this.

Regarding the Wayback it shouldn't be able to crawl pages you need to be logged in to view, so probably not...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

At 1/2/20 11:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: I meant to take a bunch of screenshots of the old Project System before the new one went live but I forgot... It performed essentially the same function but had a heavier layout and a lot of side navigation we know has overwhelmed a lot of people over the years, despite some people missing it now.

Interesting. Wonder if it was overwhelming because there were so many options more so than because it was on the side, though? Seems strange people would have a problem with regular navigation.

Makes sense why you moved all additional options to the bottom now, and kept the most important stuff on top, even if I do think this'll make everything a bit more time-consuming in the long run, for anyone who uploads regularly. Probably more so for collabs and games than other content forms.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

I don't know about other portals, but in some of the existing audio submissions, some values in the checkboxes and radio buttons are missing when I open the edit page. Found two so far: Ownership, and the "Allow external API use".

One thing I want to ask. Is there a way to store description with formatting outside NG? I saw that copying and pasting HTML elements into a post keeps their formatting.

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-06 08:38:09

At 1/5/20 07:47 PM, Noisysundae wrote: I don't know about other portals, but in some of the existing audio submissions, some values in the checkboxes and radio buttons are missing when I open the edit page. Found two so far: Ownership, and the "Allow external API use".

For ownership, you're referring to the list where you can check "All Rights Reserved" or acknowledge third party samples / remix? It should appear under your content ratings, are you not seeing it in any of your songs or do you have some links handy to specific songs? Also what browser are you using?

Will have to check on the GD checkbox that does seem to be missing.

One thing I want to ask. Is there a way to store description with formatting outside NG? I saw that copying and pasting HTML elements into a post keeps their formatting.

Do you want to be able to maintain your description off-NG and have your NG pages auto-update when you edit it? We don't currently have any integration for that sort of thing.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-06 11:32:38

At 1/6/20 08:38 AM, TomFulp wrote: For ownership, you're referring to the list where you can check "All Rights Reserved" or acknowledge third party samples / remix?

Yes, but what I mean is that nothing is selected when I open the edit page. Only occur in some of my existing submissions (this for example. I still didn't edit the ownership there so you can look into it.). I'm using the latest version of Chrome (79.0.3945.88), just in case.

Do you want to be able to maintain your description off-NG...

Yes.

...and have your NG pages auto-update when you edit it?

No.

I usually use my template (plain text with placeholders) to write a description. Just want to know if there is currently a way to store text formatting, aside from copying the HTML elements like this.

iu_83628_4914553.png

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-06 11:44:55

At 1/6/20 11:32 AM, Noisysundae wrote: I usually use my template (plain text with placeholders) to write a description. Just want to know if there is currently a way to store text formatting, aside from copying the HTML elements like this.

If you prep your template in something like Google Docs, it will retain text formatting when you copy it over - would something like that work well on your end?

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-06 12:04:34

At 1/6/20 11:44 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you prep your template in something like Google Docs, it will retain text formatting when you copy it over - would something like that work well on your end?

That is fine with me. Thank you for an idea. I am going to modify the template so I asked.

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-08 02:22:50

At 1/6/20 12:04 PM, Noisysundae wrote:
At 1/6/20 11:44 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you prep your template in something like Google Docs, it will retain text formatting when you copy it over - would something like that work well on your end?
That is fine with me. Thank you for an idea. I am going to modify the template so I asked.

Interesting idea. Try two different template mods, and let me check them both out.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-08 14:55:16

@StaticSkull2 @GeoKureli I started updating the API stats stuff, and realized it's going to really need some serious work to get where I want it, so for now I got the old page working again. You can access it by going to "Referrals & Events" in your API Tools tab, and clicking the 'View Stats' button at the top.

I'll make sure that stuff is easier to find when the API Tools get their long-overdue update.