00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 52 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

New Project / Publishing System!

10,054 Views | 80 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-02 23:13:52

Are logged events viewable in the new layout, or is that waiting on future changes to the API section?

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-03 07:04:36

This is wonderful news! I've been waiting for the day the rest of the uploaders get updated. They look great!

- Aʟᴇx E. -

ANIMATOR

MUSICIAN

Can't say just how excited I am to see this!

couple of issues @tom. clicking preview (the button just below the upload button) after uploading seems to bring me to the previous version. also I have no idea how to navigate so that I can see my NG.io events. I can edit my events in API tools but I can't look for events fired from my audience.

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-03 11:57:15

i understand if you can't, but do you think you could add an option to use the previous layout as well? this is all kinda confusing to me

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-03 12:08:17

At 1/3/20 11:57 AM, StaticSkull2 wrote: i understand if you can't, but do you think you could add an option to use the previous layout as well? this is all kinda confusing to me

It would require ongoing work to maintain the old layout as the site continues to evolve - we don't have the resources to maintain multiple versions of NG like that.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-03 12:09:20

At 1/3/20 12:08 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 1/3/20 11:57 AM, StaticSkull2 wrote: i understand if you can't, but do you think you could add an option to use the previous layout as well? this is all kinda confusing to me
It would require ongoing work to maintain the old layout as the site continues to evolve - we don't have the resources to maintain multiple versions of NG like that.

i understand. i appreciate the fast response

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-03 12:31:58

At 1/2/20 11:13 PM, Rob1221 wrote: Are logged events viewable in the new layout, or is that waiting on future changes to the API section?

There's going to be an update to the API section that will get all those events back in, and get all the api tools mobile friendly.

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-03 13:11:27

At 1/3/20 11:52 AM, GeoKureli wrote: Can't say just how excited I am to see this!

couple of issues @tom. clicking preview (the button just below the upload button) after uploading seems to bring me to the previous version. also I have no idea how to navigate so that I can see my NG.io events. I can edit my events in API tools but I can't look for events fired from my audience.

Are you still not seeing an updated preview? I'm not finding anything that would have broke the cache busting in this update.

The API stuff will be getting updated soon, so your events will be in that area

At 1/3/20 01:11 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 1/3/20 11:52 AM, GeoKureli wrote: Can't say just how excited I am to see this!

Are you still not seeing an updated preview? I'm not finding anything that would have broke the cache busting in this update.

I saw the updated preview the second time i tried, but with the old version I would see it right the first time.

does that mean there is currently no place to find those stats? I'll be honest I had trouble finding it in the old system, too. I'm about to release an old game on a new portal and would be great to track the events, even in the old layout

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-03 13:25:07

At 1/3/20 01:19 PM, GeoKureli wrote:
At 1/3/20 01:11 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
At 1/3/20 11:52 AM, GeoKureli wrote:
does that mean there is currently no place to find those stats? I'll be honest I had trouble finding it in the old system, too. I'm about to release an old game on a new portal and would be great to track the events, even in the old layout

They aren't available at the moment. I'll get something up early next week

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-03 15:36:46

seems that I'm starting to like newgrounds

Quantum

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-03 22:07:31

<Obligatory yay congratulations at new stuff comment>

BBS Signature

At 1/2/20 11:17 AM, Zlargy wrote: In that case, thank you for the changes! It made it much easier for me to join last night and start posting. Though I do wonder if someone else out there has an old project format screenshot since you weren’t able to take any yourself?
Is that a page that webarchive/waybackmachine could have picked up? In terms of at least documenting how it used to be, it’s possibly still online via those sites.

Hmm digging through screencaps but it seems the only thing I saved in regard to the project pages was...

iu_83148_725545.jpg

...the main upload selection thing a few years back, which is pretty much the same today.

Would be cool if someone managed to eternalize this.

Regarding the Wayback it shouldn't be able to crawl pages you need to be logged in to view, so probably not...

Check out the NRC / Hexa #58 (Mar)

BBS Signature

At 1/2/20 11:08 AM, TomFulp wrote: I meant to take a bunch of screenshots of the old Project System before the new one went live but I forgot... It performed essentially the same function but had a heavier layout and a lot of side navigation we know has overwhelmed a lot of people over the years, despite some people missing it now.

Interesting. Wonder if it was overwhelming because there were so many options more so than because it was on the side, though? Seems strange people would have a problem with regular navigation.

Makes sense why you moved all additional options to the bottom now, and kept the most important stuff on top, even if I do think this'll make everything a bit more time-consuming in the long run, for anyone who uploads regularly. Probably more so for collabs and games than other content forms.

Check out the NRC / Hexa #58 (Mar)

BBS Signature

I don't know about other portals, but in some of the existing audio submissions, some values in the checkboxes and radio buttons are missing when I open the edit page. Found two so far: Ownership, and the "Allow external API use".

One thing I want to ask. Is there a way to store description with formatting outside NG? I saw that copying and pasting HTML elements into a post keeps their formatting.

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-06 08:38:09

At 1/5/20 07:47 PM, Noisysundae wrote: I don't know about other portals, but in some of the existing audio submissions, some values in the checkboxes and radio buttons are missing when I open the edit page. Found two so far: Ownership, and the "Allow external API use".

For ownership, you're referring to the list where you can check "All Rights Reserved" or acknowledge third party samples / remix? It should appear under your content ratings, are you not seeing it in any of your songs or do you have some links handy to specific songs? Also what browser are you using?

Will have to check on the GD checkbox that does seem to be missing.

One thing I want to ask. Is there a way to store description with formatting outside NG? I saw that copying and pasting HTML elements into a post keeps their formatting.

Do you want to be able to maintain your description off-NG and have your NG pages auto-update when you edit it? We don't currently have any integration for that sort of thing.

BBS Signature

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-06 11:32:38

At 1/6/20 08:38 AM, TomFulp wrote: For ownership, you're referring to the list where you can check "All Rights Reserved" or acknowledge third party samples / remix?

Yes, but what I mean is that nothing is selected when I open the edit page. Only occur in some of my existing submissions (this for example. I still didn't edit the ownership there so you can look into it.). I'm using the latest version of Chrome (79.0.3945.88), just in case.

Do you want to be able to maintain your description off-NG...

Yes.

...and have your NG pages auto-update when you edit it?

No.

I usually use my template (plain text with placeholders) to write a description. Just want to know if there is currently a way to store text formatting, aside from copying the HTML elements like this.

iu_83628_4914553.png

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-06 11:44:55

At 1/6/20 11:32 AM, Noisysundae wrote: I usually use my template (plain text with placeholders) to write a description. Just want to know if there is currently a way to store text formatting, aside from copying the HTML elements like this.

If you prep your template in something like Google Docs, it will retain text formatting when you copy it over - would something like that work well on your end?

BBS Signature

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-06 12:04:34

At 1/6/20 11:44 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you prep your template in something like Google Docs, it will retain text formatting when you copy it over - would something like that work well on your end?

That is fine with me. Thank you for an idea. I am going to modify the template so I asked.

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-08 02:22:50

At 1/6/20 12:04 PM, Noisysundae wrote:
At 1/6/20 11:44 AM, TomFulp wrote: If you prep your template in something like Google Docs, it will retain text formatting when you copy it over - would something like that work well on your end?
That is fine with me. Thank you for an idea. I am going to modify the template so I asked.

Interesting idea. Try two different template mods, and let me check them both out.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to New Project / Publishing System! 2020-01-08 14:55:16

@StaticSkull2 @GeoKureli I started updating the API stats stuff, and realized it's going to really need some serious work to get where I want it, so for now I got the old page working again. You can access it by going to "Referrals & Events" in your API Tools tab, and clicking the 'View Stats' button at the top.

I'll make sure that stuff is easier to find when the API Tools get their long-overdue update.