00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

domvip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Vadell Gabriel's Portfolio beats

1,369 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Vadell Gabriel's Portfolio beats 2019-12-07 17:15:22

Hey everyone! I'm new here, but kinda not, if that makes sense, lol.

Name's Vadell. I used to frequent NG as a kid, but never knew they had an audio portal until the whole Soundcloud brouhaha happened last week lol. While I wasn't affected by it, since I'm a longtime Soundclound Pro user, I thought I'd slide some of my work here to see if any of the Newgrounds crowd would dig it. I do a lot of nerdy hip hop/R&B type stuff, with some occasional chiptune.

Having that said, certain songs won't be posted here, due to NG's rules on sampling and covers, so I'll be posting tracks that won't get me in trouble here, but you can find most of them on my Bandcamp, or my Soundcloud. I'm on Spotify and whatnot as well, but the links to those are on my profile. Now let's get to the main event!

This one is from way back in 2015 (has it really been that long?), and was originally going to be a remake of a J Dilla track, but took its own form while I was making it.

Originally made for the fansite "Jet Set Radio Live" for their annual "Holiday" station, and even included some vocals from the JSR games, but I removed them when I released the track commercially.

New Jack Swing is my bread and butter, and I go all out here, with help from Jordan Metro on production, and Coco Rose on vocals.

A collaboration with friends from 2018 that's currently my most popular song. Game Genie Sokolov produced the beat, while I did some extra arrangement and wrote most of the lyrics, except for Yangsta's verse.

And that's about it for now! I got more tracks on the way soon, so I'll be updating this thread with more songs soon! I hope you guys enjoy them!

Response to Vadell Gabriel's Portfolio beats 2019-12-09 13:16:34

Welcome dude :)

Nice to see another Canuck here

Response to Vadell Gabriel's Portfolio beats 2020-06-30 02:09:18

*Blows off dust* Damn, it's been a minute since I used the forms, but I'm not dead, just trying to navigate the COVID-19 world. All of my big music plans have been thrown out of wack, but thankfully I'm not struggling. A lot of independent artists are, though, so if you're able to support them by buying merch, streams, or buying albums on Bandcamp, please do so.

Having that said, I should update my list of uploaded works here:

From my "Lover's Pain" EP that dropped in February, it's a follow up to the original version of "No Game" (which I should upload here someday...), with a funkier, re-arranged beat, and a killer verse from the amazing LEX the Lexicon Artist.

Also from "Lover's Pain". This one was a bit hard to do, since it dealt with a really toxic relationship I went through, plus the fallout. Indie band Moscow Apartment were kind enough to allow me to sample their track "Orange" for this. currently my second most-popular song.

A fairly simple boom bap/lo-fi beat I made for a friend who liked my ish. The tagged version is on here just in case someone tries to snatch my ish for themselves. I also did a version that featured vocals from Grand Puba's "I Like It", but that was made for another friend last Christmas, and will not see the light of day here, or anywhere else, lest I get sued. :P

Pretty much the same as the original Part 2, except it was remixed with Sega Genesis sounds, hence the reference to it's YM2612 soundchip. DJ Chidow helped me make it sound hot, and perfected the mixing.

I dunno how much of my discography I'll upload here, but it's only fair I upload a few album cuts and singles here for free to whet the appetite. If you're able to help support a brother in his music endeavours, check out my Bandcamp page. Til next time, enjoy the new joints, and I'll be back with more tracks soon.

Response to Vadell Gabriel's Portfolio beats 2020-08-06 20:27:20

Heyo! I don't have any new tracks for Newgrounds yet, but I do have something new for y'all. If you're familiar with Joel Guerra, then you've probably seen some of his animations on Newgrounds or Youtube. His newest Hands Up!-related short, "The Plan" features lyrics and music written and produced by yours truly. check it out below:

Response to Vadell Gabriel's Portfolio beats 2021-05-21 22:01:45

Been a while since I've made a post, but I'm back doing more beats and lyrics for a Joel Guerra short, this time with an assist from DJ Chidow:

Fun fact: I was actually contracted to do this short first, but it got delayed, so I ended up doing "The Plan" first, and then "Rhythm N' Ambush". I also released the instrumental version just now, and if you wanna show me, Chidow, and the voice actors some love, consider getting the soundtrack release, which has remastered tracks, instrumentals, and acapellas, featuring the cast recordings.

'Til next time, I hope y'all enjoy the animation & music!

Response to Vadell Gabriel's Portfolio beats 2022-07-09 20:49:51

Been a hot minute since I've posted here, but I got some funky fresh beats for sale to show you guys:

"Vadell Meets Tyler Baudelaire" - A Tyler, The Creator inspired beat I made a while back.

"V.G.T." - A trap/boom-bap hybrid beat.

If any of these interest y'all for your rapping/singing or other projects, DM me for pricing.

Response to Vadell Gabriel's Portfolio beats 2022-09-30 12:05:08

This next post is both old and new: I made a mashup of Wu-Tang Clan's "Da Mystery of Chessboxin'" and Donkey Country's "Hot-Head Bop" a few months back. The original mashup was made by TheLegendofRenegade years ago, back when he used to do mashups as "Mixer Productions", but it was too short, since the official acapella only has the first three verses. Using AI separation, I got the full vocals and drums from the Wu track, and used Plouge's ChipsynthSFC plugin to replay most of "Hot-Head Bop"'s instruments, with the rest being sampled via recording in Winamp.

I can't upload it directly to NG, because of Audio Portal rules, but here it is on Youtube!

Response to Vadell Gabriel's Portfolio beats 2022-11-19 10:06:02

I meant to post this track back when I dropped it for BC Friday, but I got hemmed up by RL stuff. In any case, here's a new Mortal Kombat inspired track, "Raiden's Eyes":

Response to Vadell Gabriel's Portfolio beats 2023-07-10 19:39:33

Been a minute since I updated this. I've been working on some new stuff for a project, which I can't unfortunately post here yet because of a partial NDA. But I've been working on other stuff in the meantime, such as a remix of NewJeans' latest song in the style of 90s Timbaland:

And for those who don't like K-Pop, but vibe with the beat, here's an instrumental:

Also, I did a small Bone Thugs-N-Harmony/Eternal Champions project that combined the original Eternal Champions samples Bone used on "Eternal" and "Crossroads" with the acapellas and drums of the Bone versions of the tracks: