00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OpSystemFilms just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Searching for a Scouter!

295 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Searching for a Scouter! 2019-10-14 20:55:44

Hey y'all. Just thought I'd make a post offering any artists willing to scout somebody to take a look at my profile. I have links to my Twitter and Deviantart on my page and if you need any more examples of my work go ahead and take a peak. I will be consistently uploading to every site and would greatly appreciate a scout!iu_61982_7613782.jpgiu_61983_7613782.jpg

Response to Searching for a Scouter! 2019-10-14 21:03:19 (edited 2019-10-14 21:04:01)

Asking to be scouted is generally frowned upon, please don't do it. Personally, I think you need to practice more before being allowed into the portal. So, no thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Searching for a Scouter! 2019-10-14 21:05:32

At 10/14/19 09:03 PM, MagtiraPaolo wrote: Asking to be scouted is generally frowned upon, please don't do it. Personally, I think you need to practice more before being allowed into the portal.

I somewhat imagined it wasn't allowed, I just wasn't too sure how serious a scout was. My old account from when I was like 13 got scouted pretty easily somehow so I didn't know it held weight, my apologies!

Response to Searching for a Scouter! 2019-10-14 21:05:40

At 10/14/19 09:03 PM, MagtiraPaolo wrote: Asking to be scouted is generally frowned upon, please don't do it. Personally, I think you need to practice more before being allowed into the portal.

I somewhat imagined it wasn't allowed, I just wasn't too sure how serious a scout was. My old account from when I was like 13 got scouted pretty easily somehow so I didn't know it held weight, my apologies!

Response to Searching for a Scouter! 2019-10-15 13:36:45 (edited 2019-10-15 13:37:13)

At 10/14/19 08:55 PM, MateoNR wrote: Hey y'all. Just thought I'd make a post offering any artists willing to scout somebody to take a look at my profile. I have links to my Twitter and Deviantart on my page and if you need any more examples of my work go ahead and take a peak. I will be consistently uploading to every site and would greatly appreciate a scout!

Magtira has a point. I think it was mentioned in one of the "getting started" forum posts, but it's not a good thing to ask to be scouted. If a person scouts you it's done on their own merit and because they genuinely like what you create. At least that's how it would be for me if I ever decided to scout someone.

Keep posting, keep being creative, and eventually someone will find you! :)

જ⁀➴ SOCIALS + COMMISSIONS + ETC ・。。・゜★

╰┈➤ https://beacons.ai/cozycabbit

Response to Searching for a Scouter! 2019-10-15 15:46:52

The scouting system needs an overhaul. As much as I'd like to see it gone, it would just cause too much work for the mods.

But then again the Art Portal always feels neglected.

Response to Searching for a Scouter! 2019-10-16 19:10:03

At 10/15/19 03:46 PM, Cairos wrote: The scouting system needs an overhaul. As much as I'd like to see it gone, it would just cause too much work for the mods.
But then again the Art Portal always feels neglected.

Oh damn

Response to Searching for a Scouter! 2019-10-22 21:22:03

At 10/15/19 01:36 PM, pandasayori wrote:
At 10/14/19 08:55 PM, MateoNR wrote: Hey y'all. Just thought I'd make a post offering any artists willing to scout somebody to take a look at my profile. I have links to my Twitter and Deviantart on my page and if you need any more examples of my work go ahead and take a peak. I will be consistently uploading to every site and would greatly appreciate a scout!
Magtira has a point. I think it was mentioned in one of the "getting started" forum posts, but it's not a good thing to ask to be scouted. If a person scouts you it's done on their own merit and because they genuinely like what you create. At least that's how it would be for me if I ever decided to scout someone.

Keep posting, keep being creative, and eventually someone will find you! :)

Thanks man! Not gonna lie, had no idea how important scouting actually was. Back when I sucked at art in middle school I was scouted, so I didn't know I just got lucky that time! Definitely didn't mean to annoy anyone, I have a good idea of how important it is now :)

Response to Searching for a Scouter! 2019-10-24 01:56:31

I'm looking for a scouter too....