00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Portal View Page Screwy?

21,714 Views | 205 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 11:56:09

At 7/1/04 05:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: Some users have said the Portal view pages are looking all screwy (broken tables)... Is anyone else seeing this? Can anyone figure out why? We're not seeing it in any of our browsers. :)

The only thing I can't see is the batting average of a artist (A+, B+, C+. etc) When you mouse over a movie title.

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 11:56:43

At 7/1/04 05:25 PM, TomFulp wrote: Some users have said the Portal view pages are looking all screwy (broken tables)... Is anyone else seeing this? Can anyone figure out why? We're not seeing it in any of our browsers. :)

it might not be a problem for you because you're all using T3 lines...

The images don't cach so they have to load everytime, and sometimes they fail to load! (actually more like 1/2 out of everytime)

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 12:18:06

everything is fine here!

BBS Signature

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 12:33:52

I Can't See The Batting Averages. Either Than That Just Fine.

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 12:40:01

Actually, everything is fine here but the movies won't load. When I click on the "play a movie" button a browser pops up and all i notice is it's url at the top of the browser.....

http://uploads.ungrounded.net/

Wait now it works, but my little sign-in browser with my profile dissappears after clicking on it within five seconds.

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 12:49:08

yeah it happens sometimes the sign in button won't work and i have to sign in when i make a post

i'm back with 46 and 2 ahead of me

BBS Signature

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 12:49:55

yes, often when it load, but when the page is loaded, there is no problem. I use Mozilla Firefox

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 13:41:10

The stuff doesnt seem messed up at all. Those people must have some bug or something, mine is fine.

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 14:17:20

I see it every once in a great while if the page doesnt load right. But all you have to do is hit the refresh button and it usually fixes the problem.

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 14:26:29

yesterday when i clicked into the portal nothin came up. i restarted my comp and everything and still nothin. but today it's better so i dunno. sucked not gettin any blams though :( w/e the prob was im sure it's fixed cuz it didnt' work for me but does now

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 14:54:23

Hey wade, i got none of those problems but very often, when i try and open portal pages, it never loads but the backround! This only happened alot recently, i never had this problem! I use avant browser, and i got windows XP! Hope you find your problem!

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 14:59:18

Oh ya i forgot, i dont see the batting average anymore either! Some weird shit is going on here! Probably Alien Hominid is taking over NG!! Wo0t get ready for war everyone!

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 16:03:16

maybe it only happens to ppl using screwy comps or bad connections like 56k

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 16:49:07

well this is kinda weird....this is the ONLY thing i see messed up....
i use firefox and i got a fairly fast computer and i got winxp home, for anyone that wanted to know the stuff i run there it is
512mb ram 1.676ghz
i got all fairly good stuff so its gotta be ng's....

um it just came to my attention i cant give u a screen shot....cuz if i half its size and then put it into a gif its still 327.7kb and only 50k is alowwed.....its the "longest thread" thread i beleive....

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 17:07:11

At 7/1/04 05:46 PM, Weezer_99 wrote:
Weezer99: Im fine

nice to see you talk about your self in third person :)

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 20:02:09

It wasn't working for me for a little bit. Like around a half hour. But then it started working and now its working just like it was before. Why would the tables come out all weird? Was there some improvements that might have fucked them up?

BBS Signature

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 20:22:03

PLZ READ THIS!!!!

Ok Tom Fulp i may have killed someone. This all happened on .runescape.com .The dude was suicidal and well i thought he was joking. So i said "oh go kill urself" and shit like that. He he said "im going to stick i knife in my neck" so i said "go ahead". He then loged off saying good bye friend and i said lol cause i thought he was joking still. Now he hasnt been on runescape for a long time and i think i may have killed him. Now im going insane and i want to kill myself. Please go 2 www.freewebs.com/blackenwood and write something on my guestbook to help me!

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 20:30:49

it could be cause by broswer hijackers. there lil programs that get in ur comp and are able 2 block out certain things online from showing up. but idk of thats it

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-02 21:35:50

Look its not caused by any of he stuipd things you guys are blabbering about, and noone cares that sometimes you can see the portal main page but when you refresh its there, thats not the probelm they are looking for, they are looking for broken up tables in the portal view page, which is probably caused by messed up code somewhere

BBS Signature

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-03 01:23:50

At 7/1/04 05:28 PM, Pure_LionHeart wrote: The Portal page is fine for me, but I can't load any flash view pages.

Yea, i was getting this at about 10PM EST

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-03 01:46:40

yeah I see it too I thought it was just my computer

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-03 01:53:43

mine is fine but the batting average aint workin for me

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-03 02:10:00

Everything is workin' fine and dandy for me :D

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-03 02:29:37

Occasionally, the Portal page won't load all of the way, and the Top 50 of All Time doesn't show up. I have no other problems, though.

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-03 06:07:12

It does that momentarily before it loads but I think it's the users' computers that are to blame.

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-03 07:06:20

You know what I love?

People responding to this thread by stating that their browsers work fine.

I didn't realize that Tom was taking a poll. I could've sworn he was asking:

"Is anyone else seeing this? Can anyone figure out why?"

I don't think that applies to those who just fill up this BBS with bullshit about how everything DOES work.

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-03 07:21:27

the portal looks fine to me
its easy to find stuff and my dumbass friends have no problems with it to

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-03 08:58:35

It happend to me once..all is good now!

Long Live The Queen!

Response to Portal View Page Screwy? 2004-07-03 10:15:37

i can't sign in!!?!?!
what's up with that!?
i don't have a pop up stopper or
a firewall happening..
and everything is enable..