00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mochiifur just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Indivisible Is about to release..

727 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Indivisible Is about to release.. 2019-09-25 17:27:51

Indivisible, I funded this game back when the campaign started and October 8th it's FINALLY going to be a thing. My body is so ready for this, I loved everything the backer preview showed. Anyone else hype along with me?

-Kickbuttguy

Response to Indivisible Is about to release.. 2019-09-26 00:32:47

Yeah... A crowdfunded animesque game that nobody asked for and will probably get buried in a couple of weeks after it’s released, simply a whole bunch of red flags flying.

I do expect critics will probably give it decent reviews, but don’t expect anyone who didn’t fund this game to bother.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Indivisible Is about to release.. 2019-10-05 21:21:00

At 10/5/19 08:13 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote: I liked evoland and it looks to have some of the same charm.

If Indivisible is going to be tracking in nostalgia for it’s own sake, then they would be digging themselves deeper in a hole. I don’t think it’s going to be that necessarily, but I can’t help but feel that this game is trying to be a poor man’s Dark Souls/Persona hybrid in all but aesthetics.

TBH, I’m hoping to be proven wrong here on this game, but a crowdfunded game made by a relatively unknown developer who only other game is a 2D Dead or Alive knockoff from 7 years ago, would most likely doom it to obscurity at best.

BBS Signature

Response to Indivisible Is about to release.. 2019-10-19 05:55:16

Finding it kind of a let down honestly. Character design is great, love all the interactions between the cast, but the combat is just too basic to be really engaging. The focus is clearly on giving you a TON of options to choose from in terms of characters, but because of that each character is extremely basic in how they play. Maybe if the idea was to swap characters in and out during combat there'd be something interesting there, but since your party is set once a battle starts it's really just a case of picking your 4 favourites and sticking with them.

I'd have rather had half as many to choose from with more depth to each of them than this massive pool of shallow ones.

At 10/5/19 09:21 PM, orangebomb wrote: but I can’t help but feel that this game is trying to be a poor man’s Dark Souls/Persona hybrid in all but aesthetics.

It has literally nothing in common with either series, mechanically, thematically or artistically.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Indivisible Is about to release.. 2019-10-19 16:24:38

At 10/19/19 05:55 AM, Absurd-Ditties wrote:
At 10/5/19 09:21 PM, orangebomb wrote: but I can’t help but feel that this game is trying to be a poor man’s Dark Souls/Persona hybrid in all but aesthetics.
It has literally nothing in common with either series, mechanically, thematically or artistically.

In that case, I was kind of glad I was wrong in that regard. It’s a Metroidvania game, which is practically a well trodden genre already, with inspiration from Vagrant Story of all things.

As for everything else, it’s a take it or leave it kind of deal. I was never a fan of reverse difficulty progression in games, where it’s annoying for the first few hours, only to be a cakewalk throughout the rest of the game. The story/characterization is cliche as hell, but it’s serviceable enough to past muster, though how much you can tolerate Ajna being an angry dumbass (at least early on) will vary, and the fact that it’s a 10-12 hour RPG game may or may not help.

If it sounds like I’m on the fence, it’s mostly because I had no major expectations for this game, and while it certainly turned out better than I imagined, I can’t help but think that Indivisible is being held back by more things that isn’t budget or scope, and yet might probably be the best crowdfunded game ever, which isn’t saying much considering that crowdfunded games tend to be either two-bit nostalgic ripoffs, or good concepts wasted with crappy gameplay and/or overuse of novelty gimmicks.

BBS Signature