00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How do I use the NG Player?

101,252 Views | 84 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2020-12-30 18:19:43

At 12/30/20 03:55 PM, Shadowbutl3r wrote: It seems that some games I've tried to play with the player don't have the 'launch in Newgrounds Player' button at all.

Anything that can run in Ruffle runs in Ruffle exclusively.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

I have a slightly different question. Can I use the Newgrounds flash player for websites other than Newgrounds? Or is it exclusively for this site?

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-01-01 09:31:20

At 1/1/21 09:18 AM, Matihood1 wrote: I have a slightly different question. Can I use the Newgrounds flash player for websites other than Newgrounds? Or is it exclusively for this site?

If you can download the SWF somehow, you can import it into the player.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-01-02 03:54:21

At 8/15/19 12:10 AM, Boss wrote: do u guys have the secret old abode flashe player version.

http://divergecreations.com/ng/install_flash_player_32_active_x.msi

if this is top secret please delete all my psots and send a ukranian murder scquad to silence me.

Flash still works for me without it lmao. Livin' the Explorer life!

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-01-07 18:46:26

At 8/9/19 10:45 AM, Warbinger wrote: For me it keep asking me to download adobe flash player

me too, I also get an error message

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-01-10 12:12:32

At 1/1/21 09:31 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 1/1/21 09:18 AM, Matihood1 wrote: I have a slightly different question. Can I use the Newgrounds flash player for websites other than Newgrounds? Or is it exclusively for this site?
If you can download the SWF somehow, you can import it into the player.

So I take it as a no because you can pretty much do the same thing with the standalone flash player downloadable from the Adobe website.

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-01-15 06:08:08

iu_225479_8241703.pngExcuse me, I just download newgrounds player and I can't make it work for any game.I launch it and this is all I get, don't know how to launch the game from here or if I'm missing something?

At 1/15/21 06:08 AM, Adol93 wrote: Excuse me, I just download newgrounds player and I can't make it work for any game.I launch it and this is all I get, don't know how to launch the game from here or if I'm missing something?

That means you either have a plugin that's killswitched and/or you have a "security" update which blocked flash.

Check Sonu's topic. That should work for Windows PC at least...

https://sonucais.newgrounds.com/news/post/1137244

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-01-15 08:08:00

At 1/15/21 07:27 AM, DamnWei wrote:
At 1/15/21 06:08 AM, Adol93 wrote: Excuse me, I just download newgrounds player and I can't make it work for any game.I launch it and this is all I get, don't know how to launch the game from here or if I'm missing something?
That means you either have a plugin that's killswitched and/or you have a "security" update which blocked flash.

I downloaded RunAsDate and set it to 2020, asked to run newgrounds launcher, how do I load the game after that? at the load option it asks for a full path (local or remote) and then there's a button that says "load SWF" should I put the direction of the game I want to load there?

I tried the awakening

And Worlds End Chapter 1

None opened, it was just a blank screen now.

At 1/15/21 08:08 AM, Adol93 wrote:

I downloaded RunAsDate and set it to 2020, asked to run newgrounds launcher, how do I load the game after that? at the load option it asks for a full path (local or remote) and then there's a button that says "load SWF" should I put the direction of the game I want to load there?

I tried the awakening

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/647411

And Worlds End Chapter 1

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/621584

If you mean running the game from NG's website, then the game SHOULD load with the NG Player automatically after you click "Launch with Newgrounds Player" on the game page. The load option you mentioned is only for loading SWF files/games that are on your harddrive, not from websites like NG. I'm not sure about World's End and Awakening.

Did you go to your own settings page and click the toggle to run Flash games with NG Player?

EDIT: I checked World's End and Awakening. The games load with my NG Player after a few seconds.

A blank screen at the game's page should mean you're not using the NG Player. If Flash games have been set to run with NG Player(in your NG Account settings), there should be a "Launch with Newgrounds Player" link in the game's page.

If that's not the problem, I guess you would have to have to re-install NG Player. Best to full uninstall Flash Player before reinstalling:

Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller (close everything and open as Administrator). Full instructions here.

Remove everything inside these folders (not the folder, just the content inside):

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\
C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\
%appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-01-15 09:04:31

At 1/15/21 08:18 AM, DamnWei wrote:

I tried the awakening

And Worlds End Chapter 1

If you mean running the game from NG's website, then the game SHOULD load with the NG Player automatically after you click "Launch with Newgrounds Player" on the game page. The load option you mentioned is only for loading SWF files/games that are on your harddrive, not from websites like NG. I'm not sure about World's End and Awakening.
Did you go to your own settings page and click the toggle to run Flash games with NG Player?

EDIT: I checked World's End and Awakening. The games load with my NG Player after a few seconds.

A blank screen at the game's page should mean you're not using the NG Player. If Flash games have been set to run with NG Player(in your NG Account settings), there should be a "Launch with Newgrounds Player" link in the game's page.

If that's not the problem, I guess you would have to have to re-install NG Player. Best to full uninstall Flash Player before reinstalling:

When I try to launch the game, it opens newgrounds launcher with that flash icon but does nothing, so then I checked that other thread and it says Ishould get RunAsDate and run the Newgrounds Player on a 2020 date, but if I do so, it just launches the newgrounds player but no game is actually being selected to run, so it's just a white screen, how I can either run launch the game without just being the Flash icon? or select a game after I opened the Newgrounds player with RunAsDate? I think it should be one of those 2 what I'm missing

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-01-15 09:13:56

At 1/15/21 09:04 AM, Adol93 wrote:
At 1/15/21 08:18 AM, DamnWei wrote:

I tried the awakening

And Worlds End Chapter 1

When I try to launch the game, it opens newgrounds launcher with that flash icon but does nothing, so then I checked that other thread and it says Ishould get RunAsDate and run the Newgrounds Player on a 2020 date, but if I do so, it just launches the newgrounds player but no game is actually being selected to run, so it's just a white screen, how I can either run launch the game without just being the Flash icon? or select a game after I opened the Newgrounds player with RunAsDate? I think it should be one of those 2 what I'm missing

White screen means it is loading. For large games like EBF5, it took like a few minutes before it loaded for me. Maybe a connection issue??? Try inserting that CFG file in your system folders , as mention in Sonu's topic and see what happens?

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-01-16 08:59:24

every time i use ng player this icon shows upiu_225996_7923492.jpg

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-01-24 16:55:30

it just puts an "fi" thing

here's what it looks

iu_230273_8548910.png

h

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-01-31 10:24:55

Here is my problem I install the player and then this happens

iu_233952_4569438.png

I try to download and add the (1-10.dll, nope it does no,t work,tried to reinstall it nope it still does no,t work any help or tips please:(

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-02-01 17:21:08

At 8/15/19 12:10 AM, Boss wrote: do u guys have the secret old abode flashe player version.

http://divergecreations.com/ng/install_flash_player_32_active_x.msi

if this is top secret please delete all my psots and send a ukranian murder scquad to silence me.

I ALMOST THOUGHT THIS IS A VIRUS!IS THIS A VIRUS?Well Now That I'm Typing This I Can See All His Or Her Misspellings.

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-02-10 03:37:10

Hi, im trying to play a certain game and it doesnt allow me to play it even with NG player installed. When i press the play button on the game it opens my NG player and just shows a logo of the Flash player. I tried playing Alien Hominid and it worked just fine. Is there any solution?

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-02-10 09:19:03

At 2/10/21 03:37 AM, Alphurion wrote: Hi, im trying to play a certain game and it doesnt allow me to play it even with NG player installed. When i press the play button on the game it opens my NG player and just shows a logo of the Flash player. I tried playing Alien Hominid and it worked just fine. Is there any solution?

Yes, and it's been posted right above you.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-02-13 23:55:29

At 8/8/19 02:44 PM, stickyfigyguy wrote: Please help!

Did you ever get it to work for you? every time i try to play a game it just opens a blank screen with the adobe flash symbol on it.

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-02-14 06:39:22

At 2/13/21 11:55 PM, rem545 wrote:
Did you ever get it to work for you? every time i try to play a game it just opens a blank screen with the adobe flash symbol on it.

You could just, you know, read the thread.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-02-17 13:07:58

me sale un icono de flash y de informacion iu_243149_8661166.jpg

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-02-17 20:18:21

At 2/17/21 01:07 PM, TheGozanix wrote: me sale un icono de flash y de informacion

Hola

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-02-17 20:49:01

I'm fairly sure it only works on certain games / videos, I would recommend using flashpoint as it has most HUGE flash games that most people miss. (I think it also has some NG games as well)

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-02-27 00:40:51

At 2/14/21 06:39 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 2/13/21 11:55 PM, rem545 wrote:
You could just, you know, read the thread.

thats the thing. i read it and did everything it said. but it still does not work for me.

I don't know why my NG player does this now, I already have installed and uninstalled it with the latest update of NG player and I still have Flash Player 32 bit. I cannot use the SWF files that I have downloaded and all I get is this screen!! I can't even click on it to find what is wrong!! Please help 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

UPDATE: NVM, I fixed it by reading the other threads from the other users who had this problem and all I needed to do was delete the two security windows updates and I'm back to normal DX thank you for posting the link of the thread over and over again. I'll bookmark it forever in case it happens again.

iu_250731_7889079.png

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-03-02 15:44:08

At 3/2/21 06:50 AM, BunnyChuChan wrote: I don't know why my NG player does this now, I already have installed and uninstalled it with the latest update of NG player and I still have Flash Player 32 bit. I cannot use the SWF files that I have downloaded and all I get is this screen!! I can't even click on it to find what is wrong!! Please help 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

UPDATE: NVM, I fixed it by reading the other threads from the other users who had this problem and all I needed to do was delete the two security windows updates and I'm back to normal DX thank you for posting the link of the thread over and over again. I'll bookmark it forever in case it happens again.

mine asks me to install flash but it doesn't, and others seem to have this problem too.

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-03-03 15:05:09

At 3/2/21 03:44 PM, thelastmlg wrote:
At 3/2/21 06:50 AM, BunnyChuChan wrote: I don't know why my NG player does this now, I already have installed and uninstalled it with the latest update of NG player and I still have Flash Player 32 bit. I cannot use the SWF files that I have downloaded and all I get is this screen!! I can't even click on it to find what is wrong!! Please help 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

mine asks me to install flash but it doesn't, and others seem to have this problem too.

Mine too

Response to How do I use the NG Player? 2021-03-06 22:45:45

At 7/21/20 08:01 PM, cyangorilla wrote:
At 7/21/20 02:33 PM, Derekzulu wrote:
At 8/8/19 03:29 PM, Gage wrote: First you will want to download the Newgrounds Flash Player from this page here. After that's installed, go to any video or game that uses Flash Player on the site and click Launch In Newgrounds Player.

Here is a quick click to a game that uses the player.
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/59593
it didn't work....
Do you have this option enabled in your Account Settings?

It does not work for me, i have that option enable but when i click "Launch Newgrounds Player" it just loads and then nothing happens as i never clicked

Thank you so much!! I cannot stress how much this helped me.