00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Player Not Working

89,845 Views | 93 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Newgrounds Player Not Working 2019-08-04 19:42:25

Hey guys, so I read up on the flash player going down in late December and was prompted to install the Newgrounds Player to prepare for the change. So I installed it and that was it, today I wanted to check out a flash game on Newgrounds that was recommended to me and when I click to play the game I get a notification from the Newgrounds Player saying it needs Adobe Flash Player Plugin to work. I already had a flash player plugin installed and BEFORE installing the Newgrounds Player, all flash content on here worked just fine.

I've Installed the Adobe Plug In twice and I am still getting the Newgrounds Player error still: I am currently using Firefox and I am using Windows 7. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2019-09-08 00:18:18

same problem here, but on chrome. ive made sure flash is activated (idk why i need flash if newgrounds player is supposed to replace it), ive made sure adblock is off, yet no games that use newgrounds player will launch. i dont even get an error message. the play button just does nothing.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2019-09-08 15:07:38

I had the same problem on Chrome where it would say I needed to install Flash Player, even though I already previously installed it (numerous times).

I found out the solution to the problem from another thread (can't remember it right now) that you need to install the ActiveX version (Internet Explorer) off of Adobe's website. After that it stopped giving me the error and started working properly.

I don't know why Newgrounds Player either doesn't come with it or at least specify which version of Flash Player you need. I hope this helps.

open your program files it will click on newgrounds player and say yes when the adobe flash thing comes up say yes and download it and it will work

wow i was really fucking retarded when i wrote this lmao please just act like this doesnt exist i cant delete it for some reason

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2019-09-28 11:20:52

At 9/15/19 02:24 AM, pressingtheporkchops wrote: open your program files it will click on newgrounds player and say yes when the adobe flash thing comes up say yes and download it and it will work

I have installed flash twice in this manner to no effect. Is there any real solution to this bug?

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2019-10-29 02:02:55

At 9/28/19 11:20 AM, karrachr000 wrote:
At 9/15/19 02:24 AM, pressingtheporkchops wrote: open your program files it will click on newgrounds player and say yes when the adobe flash thing comes up say yes and download it and it will work
I have installed flash twice in this manner to no effect. Is there any real solution to this bug?

I wish I could link a video to show you what I mean

wow i was really fucking retarded when i wrote this lmao please just act like this doesnt exist i cant delete it for some reason

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2019-11-14 18:56:27

any updates? this thread is getting old, and i still dont know what to do

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2020-05-26 01:27:40

At 11/14/19 06:56 PM, abslao wrote: any updates? this thread is getting old, and i still dont know what to do

If you're using firefox go to tools, then page info, then media and scroll down the list til you find the object with the title of the game then save and play it offline with a flash player.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2020-08-15 10:29:44

aciveate flash player if its not working just reload the page

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2020-08-16 16:42:36

At 8/4/19 07:42 PM, EternalBeast wrote: Hey guys, so I read up on the flash player going down in late December and was prompted to install the Newgrounds Player to prepare for the change. So I installed it and that was it, today I wanted to check out a flash game on Newgrounds that was recommended to me and when I click to play the game I get a notification from the Newgrounds Player saying it needs Adobe Flash Player Plugin to work. I already had a flash player plugin installed and BEFORE installing the Newgrounds Player, all flash content on here worked just fine.

I've Installed the Adobe Plug In twice and I am still getting the Newgrounds Player error still: I am currently using Firefox and I am using Windows 7. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

For some strange reason you need to log out. Once you log out you will see the open in newgrounds player link. This link does not appear if logged in, most likely due to lazy coders that never tested when logged in.

iu_156815_4241137.png

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2020-08-17 14:53:15

At 8/16/20 04:42 PM, grimview wrote:
At 8/4/19 07:42 PM, EternalBeast wrote: Hey guys, so I read up on the flash player going down in late December and was prompted to install the Newgrounds Player to prepare for the change. So I installed it and that was it, today I wanted to check out a flash game on Newgrounds that was recommended to me and when I click to play the game I get a notification from the Newgrounds Player saying it needs Adobe Flash Player Plugin to work. I already had a flash player plugin installed and BEFORE installing the Newgrounds Player, all flash content on here worked just fine.

For some strange reason you need to log out. Once you log out you will see the open in newgrounds player link. This link does not appear if logged in, most likely due to lazy coders that never tested when logged in.

Huh...that's interesting.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2020-11-01 12:49:24

At 8/17/20 02:53 PM, Dr-Oofers wrote:

Huh...that's interesting.

And strange, I hope it's fixed before December!!

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2020-12-29 16:46:04

At 9/8/19 03:07 PM, ReyWise wrote: I had the same problem on Chrome where it would say I needed to install Flash Player, even though I already previously installed it (numerous times).
I found out the solution to the problem from another thread (can't remember it right now) that you need to install the ActiveX version (Internet Explorer) off of Adobe's website. After that it stopped giving me the error and started working properly.
I don't know why Newgrounds Player either doesn't come with it or at least specify which version of Flash Player you need. I hope this helps.

I'm having the same problem, too.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-05 08:03:00

FIX FOR WINDOWS 10!

Go here Adobe Flash Player Support and scroll down to here. Select the first one.

iu_220369_5004602.png

After it's downloaded, right click - properties - compatibility - Run in compatibility mode - windows 7.

iu_220370_5004602.png

Afterwards, install it and open your game through Newgrounds, and the player should work just fine!

Darkness

Can be seen through STEEL

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-05 17:25:15

oppening the game in a new private/incognito/whatever-your-browser-calls-it window works too, in case you don't feel like logging in-and-out all the time

Full size of signature's picture

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-11 20:32:06

iu_224025_6236706.jpg

yesterday, newgrounds flash player was working, then the next day this happened, how do i fix this?

none of shit is real

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-12 02:54:37

Hey that happened to me today.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-12 03:07:59

I get the same Flash player icon as well!!! Please, fix it as soon as possible!

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-12 05:34:08

Same, i did some testing, and the best reason i can come up with is because flash is blocking all flash activities. It also makes the newgrounds player just plain not work, because it's reliant on flash.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-12 08:42:13

At 1/11/21 08:32 PM, JKHP wrote:
yesterday, newgrounds flash player was working, then the next day this happened, how do i fix this?

sucks, i cant have my daily dose 18 plus games anymore

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-12 17:09:17

same problem

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-13 05:58:00

Same problem here. Flash has been completely shut down and the Newgrounds Player relies on it to function. As a result, it is also unable to play any games. Honestly, the Flash games should just have a download option so you can download the SWF files directly.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-13 09:03:31

At 1/13/21 05:58 AM, Pakari wrote:
Same problem here. Flash has been completely shut down and the Newgrounds Player relies on it to function. As a result, it is also unable to play any games. Honestly, the Flash games should just have a download option so you can download the SWF files directly.

This guy has a solution.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-14 01:05:45

At 1/13/21 09:03 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
This guy has a solution.

How will you be able to download a flash content when it already blocked?

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-14 02:51:45

At 1/14/21 01:05 AM, agapitounomwalo wrote:
This guy has a solution.

Ah nope. The newest Flash Player plugins are blocking themselves from playing. Downloads of the SWFs, whichare the Flash game/art files themselves aren't.

If you mean downloads of Flash Player plugins, search archive dot org. NG Player itself has a Flash Player plugin included.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-14 19:30:30

At 1/14/21 02:51 AM, DamnWei wrote:
This guy has a solution.
Ah nope. The newest Flash Player plugins are blocking themselves from playing. Downloads of the SWFs, whichare the Flash game/art files themselves aren't.

If you mean downloads of Flash Player plugins, search archive dot org. NG Player itself has a Flash Player plugin included.

Most applications I can find that read swf. files stopped working. Only one I've found that kinda works is Ruffles, which is very limited on what it can run. It itself can hardly run most of the swf. files on Newgrounds.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-15 07:19:25

At 1/14/21 07:30 PM, Box-Snake wrote:
At 1/14/21 02:51 AM, DamnWei wrote:
This guy has a solution.

Most applications I can find that read swf. files stopped working. Only one I've found that kinda works is Ruffles, which is very limited on what it can run. It itself can hardly run most of the swf. files on Newgrounds.

That's not what i meant. I mean flash plugins. Pretty much all of them except the oldest ones are still in archive dot org.

e.g. here's one of the more comprehesive archives of them.

https://archive.org/details/flashplayerarchivedversions2

As for standalone players for loading SWFs off your harddrive, Trong Flash Player 11 worked for me. Since that is based on the standalone Flash Player 11, FP11 should work too.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-17 04:51:28

So let me get this straight, The alternative option that was meant to allow us to play flash games without flash...needed flash. that seems kinda hell of a oversight.

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-18 12:47:43

At 10/29/19 02:02 AM, pressingtheporkchops wrote:
At 9/28/19 11:20 AM, karrachr000 wrote:
I wish I could link a video to show you what I mean

put the link in

Response to Newgrounds Player Not Working 2021-01-21 20:15:33

My issue is that when I click 'Launch in Newgrounds Player under the video, it opens the player up but then it just displays this image and does nothing. Any idea how to fix?iu_228677_3482225.png