00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

EdsonAlejandro just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Knightin'+ Art Contest!

9,629 Views | 39 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Knightin’+ Art Contest

Knightin’+ will be making its big debut on Steam later this month and to celebrate, we’re hosting a fan art contest!

You can play the Knightin’+ demo here on Newgrounds:

To participate in the contest, create some Knightin’+ fan art and upload it to the Art Portal by August 4th at 11:59PM EST. Use the tag Knightin so that we’re sure to find it.

@Wolod himself will be selecting his ten favorite entries and they will be awarded Steam keys for Knightin’+!

If art isn’t your thing, Wolod is hosting a giveaway as well, improving your chances of snagging a free copy.

Add Knightin’+ to your Steam Wishlist so you get notified when it launches!

iu_40722_1.gif

Site Updates

Over the next week or two we’ll be rolling out some large under-the-hood changes to NG. If all goes well, you won’t even notice it happening. Don’t hesitate to PM me if you notice any bugs, though!

JULY 23rd - These updates are complete! Site running nice and snappy for you?

My Friend Pedro Art & Wick Game Jam winners were announced last Friday, if you missed it.

Don’t miss the latest @ACoupleOfCrickets podcast, either!

NG came up this week in two subreddits:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/cddpm5/it_was_a_journey/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/cddq2p/flash_is_ending_in_2020/

Some people think NG is gonna close up shop in 2020 but in reality, most of of the stuff uploaded here in recent years doesn't require Flash. We'll soon be bringing Newgrounds Player out of supporter-only beta as a desktop solution for running Flash content and Mike has been making progress with in-browser emulation. I love the idea of people coming to Newgrounds in 2021 and being struck by how much cool stuff is here, both old and new.

If you'd like to support NG's past, present and future, consider becoming a supporter! It's just three bucks a month or $25 for the year and you get a bunch of perks while NG gets less dependent on running ads.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-19 14:03:15

Just wishlisted!

Glad to see so many NG contests as of late, missing the summer jams though

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-19 14:23:38

At 7/19/19 02:03 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote: Glad to see so many NG contests as of late, missing the summer jams though

Been thinking the same thing lately! What happened to the summer jam?

Also thanks again for the Crickets shoutout, Tom!

Good luck to everyone doing the Knightin'+ contest, I'll be keeping an eye out for some cool art!

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-19 14:34:48

At 7/19/19 02:23 PM, GoodL wrote:
At 7/19/19 02:03 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote: Glad to see so many NG contests as of late, missing the summer jams though

I'd like to do at least one animation jam this summer, if any of you have a fun theme in mind you can PM me with it!

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-19 16:11:08

I'm waiting for NG animation contests because lately I've been kinda getting stale, feeling unmotivated. It doesn't even have to be a summer jam. Heck, it would be interesting to see some Fall Jams.

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-19 16:23:24 (edited 2019-07-19 16:24:05)

Droppin art contests left and right aw yeah

I too saw those NG posts in /r/gaming, I woulda dropped some knowledge on NG Player and Ruffle but I was way too late to the thread. IMAGINE ALL THE UPVOTES I COULD HAVE GOTTEN

At 7/19/19 02:34 PM, TomFulp wrote:
I'd like to do at least one animation jam this summer, if any of you have a fun theme in mind you can PM me with it!

ayo check this out, music video theme

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-19 16:32:21

At 7/19/19 04:23 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: Droppin art contests left and right aw yeah

I too saw those NG posts in /r/gaming, I woulda dropped some knowledge on NG Player and Ruffle but I was way too late to the thread. IMAGINE ALL THE UPVOTES I COULD HAVE GOTTEN

ayo check this out, music video theme

Could be to make a music video for any song here on NG (that allows use)....

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-19 16:42:59

At 7/19/19 04:23 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote: ayo check this out, music video theme

I'm tempted to prep a list of like 20-30 songs to choose from - could make sure they are all a reasonable length, don't contain third party samples / aren't remixes or covers... Plus the constraint might help people who would otherwise get overwhelmed trying to pick from EVERYTHING.

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-19 16:46:07

What about a jam encouraging a certain type of animation we see little on the site, like stop motion or rotoscoping?

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-19 16:48:23

At 7/19/19 04:46 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote:
What about a jam encouraging a certain type of animation we see little on the site, like stop motion or rotoscoping?

Stop motion jam would be fun.

Or we could do the music video theme with a list of songs to pick from and then have categories for traditional animation, 3D and stop motion and then declare a King of Mediums based on the best entries in each.

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-19 17:03:06 (edited 2019-07-19 17:09:33)

At 7/19/19 04:48 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Or we could do the music video theme with a list of songs to pick from and then have categories for traditional animation, 3D and stop motion and then declare a King of Mediums based on the best entries in each.

This sounds like a blast. I'd be in, 100%

Cool way to get some music videos for musicians here who otherwise might not have the means.

Edit: put something by @SroSocial in there, I've owed that man a music video for ages.

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-20 01:19:28

At 7/19/19 04:46 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote:

I like the sound of "King of Mediums"

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-20 09:59:31

Good luck to all participants! Looking forward to see your drawings :)

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-22 14:12:22

What's new with mobile browser optimization or a Newgrounds App?

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-22 14:12:58 (edited 2019-07-22 14:13:07)

I'm very much down for this.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-22 22:04:41

Yes yesss, I loved the animations jams last summer. Hope there's gonna be at least one sometime this summer!

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-23 09:34:29

At 7/19/19 01:55 PM, TomFulp wrote: NG came up this week in two subreddits:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/cddpm5/it_was_a_journey/
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/cddq2p/flash_is_ending_in_2020/

Some people think NG is gonna close up shop in 2020 but in reality, most of of the stuff uploaded here in recent years doesn't require Flash. We'll soon be bringing Newgrounds Player out of supporter-only beta as a desktop solution for running Flash content and Mike has been making progress with in-browser emulation. I love the idea of people coming to Newgrounds in 2021 and being struck by how much cool stuff is here, both old and new.

I think Newgrounds will come up a bit more too, the closer the deadline for Flash support comes. I think a lot of people still see Newgrounds as just a flash site, despite how much support you and your team have added for other submissions as well. The word needs to spread that Newgrounds hosts more than just Flash now!

I would love to see more people come here too, Newgrounds has always been a bit of fun for me, and I am trying to get that passion back that I once had, but I think I found a new calling here, posting crap all over the BBS! I am also glad that you guys are working on Flash emulation, that'll be really good, because there are a lot of classics on Newgrounds which would be hard to lose access to.

Long live Newgrounds!

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-23 12:52:58

This sounds like such a fun contest, good luck to everyone participating!

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-23 16:23:53

At 7/23/19 04:16 PM, Scuinox wrote: fuck the judges fuck the website and most of all fuck this piece of shit posting system that makes it unable to delete shit. i can even delete my songs without deleting one at a time might as well delete my account since everyone on here just wants be a hot shot artist. no gives a fuck so fuck everyone who judges me. fuck you for judging my art and music. fucking bastards piece of shit. fuck art and fuck the internet fucking bullish competitions anyways. go make some fucking art and suck a dick for those likes fucking brown nosing bitches. whos judges the work here? low life pieces of shit who have such distinct tastes they disciminate and hurt people. so fuck everyone. suck my fucking dick. i should just delte my profile. all i do is get discrimated against anyways. who cares

Are you most upset about your scores in general or some particular reviews?

I follow you and listen to your music / watch your videos - I think your work is likely an acquired taste for people; you've got a unique thing going on that might be too out there for a lot of people but I warmed up to your work a while back and always enjoy checking it out. I'll bet a number of others have as well.

Also sorry we don't have bulk delete features for individual content categories, although I don't think you should rush to delete all your stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-23 16:27:31 (edited 2019-07-23 16:28:40)

At 7/23/19 04:23 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/23/19 04:16 PM, Scuinox wrote: fuck the judges fuck the website and most of all fuck this piece of shit posting system that makes it unable to delete shit. i can even delete my songs without deleting one at a time might as well delete my account since everyone on here just wants be a hot shot artist. no gives a fuck so fuck everyone who judges me. fuck you for judging my art and music. fucking bastards piece of shit. fuck art and fuck the internet fucking bullish competitions anyways. go make some fucking art and suck a dick for those likes fucking brown nosing bitches. whos judges the work here? low life pieces of shit who have such distinct tastes they disciminate and hurt people. so fuck everyone. suck my fucking dick. i should just delte my profile. all i do is get discrimated against anyways. who cares

I follow you and listen to your music / watch your videos - I think your work is likely an acquired taste for people; you've got a unique thing going on that might be too out there for a lot of people but I warmed up to your work a while back and always enjoy checking it out. I'll bet a number of others have as well.

Also sorry we don't have bulk delete features for individual content categories, although I don't think you should rush to delete all your stuff.

I was just about to say the same.

Your work is not for everyone. But deleting it off of Newgrounds would be pointless. It got more attention here than it ever got on YouTube. Please calm down and rethink this. Maybe you need to find a way to advertise it somewhere?

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-23 16:30:39

At 7/23/19 04:29 PM, Scuinox wrote: Im just kiddiing may the best or you know whatever the fuck win or something

It doesn't sound like you're kidding, but nobody blames you for feeling the way you do. Just calm down a bit. I, for one, likes your Junk Bots 8 video.

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-23 16:31:25

At 7/23/19 04:27 PM, ProjectAnarchy wrote:
At 7/23/19 04:23 PM, TomFulp wrote:

I was just about to say the same.
Your work is not for everyone. But deleting it off of Newgrounds would be pointless. It got more attention here than it ever got on YouTube. Please calm down and rethink this. Maybe you need to find a way to advertise it somewhere?

I think people would really enjoy your (@Scuinox) videos in a back-to-back autoplay playlist format, so I'm bummed we don't have that as a viewing option yet but I think when we do there will be new people who just sit back and absorb all your work in one shot, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-26 16:28:23

Just noticed this little feature has popped up. Nice!

iu_42086_3945050.png

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-26 16:41:19

At 7/26/19 04:28 PM, CzySzy wrote: Just noticed this little feature has popped up. Nice!

It's there for supporters to test out (just made a new post about it).

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-26 17:03:18

At 7/26/19 04:28 PM, CzySzy wrote: Just noticed this little feature has popped up. Nice!

Where is the feature located at?

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-26 18:30:01

At 7/26/19 05:03 PM, ProjectAnarchy wrote:
Where is the feature located at?

It's not available for art yet, supporters only see it on their own games / animation / audio at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-27 06:18:49

awesome new game, cool contests and a promising future for newgrounds.

i love NG, lets keep it running, folks!

stay awesome.

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-29 21:26:13 (edited 2019-07-29 21:40:00)

@TomFulp I had an issue running the NG flash player. After installation, it kept asking me to download the Adobe flash player even though it was already installed (couldn't disable the NG player through the settings) when I tried to play some flash game. The page already had flash enabled, but I had to follow the recommendations from Google in this page to get it working(click the lock on top of Chrome and select "allow" from the flash dropdown). Perhaps adding this information on the page for downloading the NG player may help some people avoid the same as my situation.

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-30 04:02:00 (edited 2019-07-30 04:03:48)

At 7/29/19 09:26 PM, valken666 wrote: @TomFulp I had an issue running the NG flash player. After installation, it kept asking me to download the Adobe flash player even though it was already installed (couldn't disable the NG player through the settings) when I tried to play some flash game. The page already had flash enabled, but I had to follow the recommendations from Google in this page to get it working(click the lock on top of Chrome and select "allow" from the flash dropdown). Perhaps adding this information on the page for downloading the NG player may help some people avoid the same as my situation.

This information is already widely available on both Newgrounds and any other website with Flash games. This is because Flash cant be set to always enabled on Google Chrome due to Google being a bunch of fucking imbeciles. Click on the "Download Adobe Flash Player / Install Adobe Flash Player" button on the page that the game is on. It should open a small popup in the top right corner that asks you if you wanna allow Chrome to turn on Flash. Press yes.

Problem solved.

Response to Knightin'+ Art Contest! 2019-07-30 04:09:18

At 7/30/19 04:02 AM, ProjectAnarchy wrote:
This information is already widely available on both Newgrounds and any other website with Flash games. This is because Flash cant be set to always enabled on Google Chrome due to Google being a bunch of fucking imbeciles. Click on the "Download Adobe Flash Player / Install Adobe Flash Player" button on the page that the game is on. It should open a small popup in the top right corner that asks you if you wanna allow Chrome to turn on Flash. Press yes.

That's the thing, I had already accepted the popup. After downloading the NG player it didn't ask when I clicked, it just opened the download page for the Adobe flash player. Only by clicking the lock icon on the side of the URL and selecting allow from the dropdown it worked.