00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wrote a book! Anyone here as well?

373 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

When I'm not running about or playing newgrounds games I try to write. I have a new book out. It's a Space Opera book about Pretend- Wizards. I'll share the link if someone is interested.

I was wondering if anyone else here is or has done the same?

Response to Wrote a book! Anyone here as well? 2019-05-21 14:54:30

At 5/21/19 11:42 AM, KitFalbo wrote: When I'm not running about or playing newgrounds games I try to write. I have a new book out. It's a Space Opera book about Pretend- Wizards. I'll share the link if someone is interested.

I'm interested in seeing the book and hearing about your process of getting it published.

Response to Wrote a book! Anyone here as well? 2019-05-21 18:59:11

At 5/21/19 11:42 AM, KitFalbo wrote: When I'm not running about or playing newgrounds games I try to write. I have a new book out. It's a Space Opera book about Pretend- Wizards. I'll share the link if someone is interested.

---- share the link- lets see it !

---- I am a published writer with a dozen different micro-fiction and short stories to my name , along with winning a few competitions, but so far getting my book published has eluded me. Not giving up, I am on the third book of the trilogy and I will do another round of the agents when that is finished. Until then, I continue to write for competitions. I trust you will be joining us in the Monthly Writing competitions here?

We are the Dragons & Spirits. We are friendly people. Best Wishes, Ice!

BBS Signature

Response to Wrote a book! Anyone here as well? 2019-05-21 21:18:48

At 5/21/19 02:54 PM, RoboFrobo wrote:
I'm interested in seeing the book and hearing about your process of getting it published.

I just Self-Published it. Which on Amazon is pretty easy.

Here is the link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S1HMJL4/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

At 5/21/19 06:59 PM, IceDragon64 wrote:

---- I am a published writer with a dozen different micro-fiction and short stories to my name , along with winning a few competitions, but so far getting my book published has eluded me. Not giving up, I am on the third book of the trilogy and I will do another round of the agents when that is finished. Until then, I continue to write for competitions. I trust you will be joining us in the Monthly Writing competitions here?

I'll try. I did the Haiku's for awhile. Sometimes I get pretty busy with stuff as well.

Edit the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S1HMJL4/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

Response to Wrote a book! Anyone here as well? 2019-05-24 10:31:35

At 5/21/19 09:20 PM, KitFalbo wrote:

I'll try. I did the Haiku's for awhile. Sometimes I get pretty busy with stuff as well.

Edit the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S1HMJL4/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0

I see you have two books. You went through Amazon for both of them right? What are sales like on both of them, what were the costs related, and what was the process like?

Response to Wrote a book! Anyone here as well? 2019-05-28 10:59:36

At 5/24/19 10:31 AM, RoboFrobo wrote:
At 5/21/19 09:20 PM, KitFalbo wrote:

I see you have two books. You went through Amazon for both of them right? What are sales like on both of them, what were the costs related, and what was the process like?

Ignoring the time costs of actually writing them. Deciding how much self-editing vs paying an editor is one cost. Deciding how much you want to pay for a cover. Deciding how much marketing and promotion to do.

Actually getting the book out is easy. Upload manuscript and make/submit a cover. It is the writing and the other stuff that is hard.

As for money making. I would guess you are looking at 20-30 dollars per honest review if you do the kindle Unlimited system. You'll make more if you don't do that system, but get less readers and less reviews.

You can easily lose money one a book with expensive editing/cover/ads.

Response to Wrote a book! Anyone here as well? 2019-08-12 11:11:22

Here. I just published something actually. And was looking for a place here to share it to see if it interests someone. I'm honestly not doing it for money so I did it as cheap as I was willing to.

But yeah. I'm open to some advice on marketing and the like since you seem to have way more experience in the field.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1088651585?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

ᛚᚨᚱᛋ

Response to Wrote a book! Anyone here as well? 2019-08-23 01:21:20

Oh boy this thread is old. I just saw this as I was linking my book around. I just had mine available and I'll link it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1686919077

Scared as hell as it's a first book (and not the photocopier route i took where I have more control) and just general anxiety over how people will think of it lol.

Buy my book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1686919077 (also available for other countries too, thks ILU <3 )