00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

novaruah just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

No electricity

610 Views | 33 Replies

No electricity 2019-05-19 10:30:48

We had tornadoes and don't have any power.

Someone come pick me up. I'm bored.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 10:43:00 (edited 2019-05-19 10:43:05)

Just use wind turbines.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 10:46:41

At 5/19/19 10:43 AM, satanbrain wrote: Just use wind turbines.

We don't have any here, I guess because we're below sea level with lots of trees with no hills. We have wind turbines out west.

We have a lot of solar power.

I personally just feel I should harness the power of hate, but I'd need @FUNKbrs help and he's too busy with all his wives.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 10:51:39

We are having really bad storms for the first time since I lived here. Its been raining for about 48 hours straight now and its the first time ive heard thunder in 2 years.

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 11:01:23

At 5/19/19 10:49 AM, Sekhem wrote: luckily, I have at least 5 battery banks lying around and fully-charged in the event of such a scenario (typhoon or etc)

no electricity is the worst, though

i still remember those ice storms in the panhandle growing up and having to use a genny

We really need to get a generator.

Not so much ice storms here but hurricanes.

At 5/19/19 10:51 AM, RoboFrobo wrote: We are having really bad storms for the first time since I lived here. Its been raining for about 48 hours straight now and its the first time ive heard thunder in 2 years.

Yikes

Are tornadoes a thing out that way?

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 11:25:18

At 5/19/19 11:01 AM, RoboSeven wrote:
At 5/19/19 10:49 AM, Sekhem wrote: luckily, I have at least 5 battery banks lying around and fully-charged in the event of such a scenario (typhoon or etc)

i still remember those ice storms in the panhandle growing up and having to use a genny

At 5/19/19 10:51 AM, RoboFrobo wrote: We are having really bad storms for the first time since I lived here. Its been raining for about 48 hours straight now and its the first time ive heard thunder in 2 years.
Yikes

Not that I know of. We have earthquakes, large fires that take hundreds of homes at a time, mudslides that separate sections of the state for years at a time, and smelly hippies.

Weve been spared the hell winds.

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 12:16:05

When you try dropping the hair dryer in the bath and then realise the power is down…

iu_28284_2278460.jpg

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 12:31:34

Quit opening the fridge!

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 13:05:04

At 5/19/19 12:50 PM, MrSnackmix wrote: Weird rumor, but I heard shooting the tornadoes with a bow kills them. Do you own a bow of some kind?

I do, I own 3 actually.

I'm totally shooting the next tornado that comes through.

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 13:05:18

At 5/19/19 12:31 PM, billybobthwarten wrote: Quit opening the fridge!

I'm trying!

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 13:07:48

At 5/19/19 11:25 AM, RoboFrobo wrote:
At 5/19/19 11:01 AM, RoboSeven wrote:

Yikes

Not that I know of. We have earthquakes, large fires that take hundreds of homes at a time, mudslides that separate sections of the state for years at a time, and smelly hippies.

Weve been spared the hell winds.

I'll take the tornadoes over the smelly hippies even though in full disclosure, we have smelly hippies here too. That's why when people start the whole "Louisiana is a bunch of backward racists herp derpy dee" I just kinda laugh. We have pockets of hillbilly racists but we have plenty of hippies, stations to charge your electric cars, Starbucks, and Whole Foods.

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 15:26:47

At 5/19/19 10:30 AM, RoboSeven wrote: We had tornadoes and don't have any power.

Since you're a robot, does that effect you?

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 16:33:22

At 5/19/19 03:26 PM, ZomAlien wrote:
At 5/19/19 10:30 AM, RoboSeven wrote: We had tornadoes and don't have any power.

Since you're a robot, does that effect you?

It does!

It just came back on, so now I can recharge my components!

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 16:37:04

im offended by thsi thread because im very smelly and sort of a hippy. also assuming that most hippies are different at all fom hillbilly conservatives is a sad misconception (if only most of them werent

this is a pretty bad post on my part, considered not posting it but fuck it

hope your power comes back maybe you can forage in the plains in the meanwhile

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 18:17:28

At 5/19/19 04:37 PM, Boss wrote: im offended by thsi thread because im very smelly and sort of a hippy. also assuming that most hippies are different at all fom hillbilly conservatives is a sad misconception (if only most of them werent

Any hippies who use newgrounds are automatically good hippies.

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-19 23:58:35

Reading is a good activity for no power time.

At night I watch cars going by also.

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 00:17:00

At 5/19/19 11:58 PM, Teddynotes wrote: Reading is a good activity for no power time.
At night I watch cars going by also.

I've got power back now but yep I did some reading.

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 00:20:52

At 5/19/19 04:37 PM, Boss wrote: im offended by thsi thread because im very smelly and sort of a hippy. also assuming that most hippies are different at all fom hillbilly conservatives is a sad misconception (if only most of them werent

I am also very much a smelly hippy minus the peace and love.

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 02:34:41

At 5/20/19 12:20 AM, RoboFrobo wrote:

I am also very much a smelly hippy minus the peace and love.

I think peace and love is absolutely great i just think a lot of people think that for themselves it means passively allowing bad things to happen and being docile, and maybe my understanding of it involves more responsibility and is more oriented towards a definition synonymous with connecting to some matrix of solutions for everything instead of chilling and holding hands at bonerchella (im sorry if this portmanteau / take is in poor taste, i personally like smaller music fests)

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 05:29:03

That sucks ass.

Fuck the mainstream.

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 07:34:49

Have you ever thought about generating and storing electricity with a stationary bicycle?

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 08:38:23

At 5/20/19 07:34 AM, Sobolev wrote: Have you ever thought about generating and storing electricity with a stationary bicycle?

That WOULD be something to write about in the work out thread....

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 09:05:00

At 5/19/19 06:17 PM, RoboSeven wrote: Any hippies who use newgrounds are automatically good hippies.

How about hippies whose children use Newgrounds? Because my father is one.

and consequently enough, I'm a prog head.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 09:52:43

At 5/20/19 09:05 AM, DamnedByFate wrote:
At 5/19/19 06:17 PM, RoboSeven wrote: Any hippies who use newgrounds are automatically good hippies.
How about hippies whose children use Newgrounds? Because my father is one.

and consequently enough, I'm a prog head.

My parents were hippies but now they're old and conservative so I'm not sure what happened there.

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 11:23:16

I have a bicycle jury-rigged to a car alternator! MAX POWER MODE, ACTIVATE!

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 12:49:27

How many hours?

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 13:00:33

How are you using the internet without electricity and posting this?

Also I recommend you ride a stationary bike to generate electricity. You can power a lightbulb but it will flicker on and off.

"If you don't stand up for yourself... everyone will walk all over you." -Donald Trump

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 13:38:05

At 5/20/19 09:52 AM, RoboSeven wrote: My parents were hippies but now they're old and conservative so I'm not sure what happened there.

Going by Churchill, your parents have both hearts and brains while mine have only hearts.

I still hope not to live long enough to prove my brain to Churchill.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 13:41:27

At 5/20/19 01:00 PM, Belthagor wrote:

How are you using the internet without electricity and posting this?

Also I recommend you ride a stationary bike to generate electricity. You can power a lightbulb but it will flicker on and off.

I was on my phone, data covered the internet yo

BBS Signature

Response to No electricity 2019-05-20 13:41:35

At 5/20/19 12:49 PM, Liby2 wrote:

How many hours?

2?

BBS Signature