00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

advice on getting feedback

160 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

advice on getting feedback 2019-03-29 17:03:51

Hello, what´s the best way to get people see your art? Someone scouted me a while ago and google said that would make my posts visible but I have not seen a difference.

Response to advice on getting feedback 2019-03-29 17:35:35

At 3/29/19 05:03 PM, rodtheram wrote: Hello, what´s the best way to get people see your art? Someone scouted me a while ago and google said that would make my posts visible but I have not seen a difference.

I find that there needs to be a little give and take, especially when you're starting out. Maybe leave some reviews and others may be inclined to do the same in return.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature

Response to advice on getting feedback 2019-03-29 22:18:03

At 3/29/19 05:03 PM, rodtheram wrote: Hello, what´s the best way to get people see your art? Someone scouted me a while ago and google said that would make my posts visible but I have not seen a difference.

You can always post in the Art forum and ask what others think of your art.

https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum/14

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits.

BBS Signature

Response to advice on getting feedback 2019-03-31 17:41:31

At 3/29/19 05:35 PM, Peregrinus wrote:
I find that there needs to be a little give and take, especially when you're starting out. Maybe leave some reviews and others may be inclined to do the same in return.

Oh that is a good idea, but idk if I'm in the position of reviewing other's people work, I'm still learning ;_;

Response to advice on getting feedback 2019-03-31 18:10:26

At 3/31/19 05:41 PM, rodtheram wrote: Oh that is a good idea, but idk if I'm in the position of reviewing other's people work, I'm still learning ;_;

Everyone is learning.

A review doesn't have to be super in depth. Was there something about a piece of art you liked or disliked? Why? Is the style new or unique? Is there something else which makes you pause on it, or hover over the vote button deciding between how many stars to give?

Sometimes it's just about being in the right space for it. Sometimes I'll set aside some time and leave little batches for people. I generally try and let the artist know what I liked, and sometimes if I catch something which may be room for development/improvement I'll note it in a nice way.

I've been taught (poorly) that sometimes when giving constructive criticism you give a "shit sandwich" of good-bad-good, but it doesn't need to be that way. Generally just seeing a review on something I've submitted is enough for me to know that something about it encouraged another person to take time out of their day to write the review.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature