00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

joaomfigueiredo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Donating Blood

455 Views | 23 Replies

Donating Blood 2019-03-10 15:39:38

Any of you guys ever donate blood regularly? I do and I get free snacks and shit and save lives. This one had free bagels. Lit af

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-03-10 15:46:41

no, considering the company your donating to sells it for profit. if i got money for doing it i might do though

Response to Donating Blood 2019-03-10 15:49:34

My blood is often desired for it's magical abilities. Keep your hannds off!

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-03-10 16:04:56

At 3/10/19 03:46 PM, Ccrack wrote: no, considering the company your donating to sells it for profit. if i got money for doing it i might do though

Well I mean isnt it always

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-03-10 19:17:42

At 3/10/19 04:46 PM, GoldenHeartedJerk wrote: I rather not feel lightheaded for 2 days thank you

I feel fine.

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-03-10 19:18:46

I would if I could, but Type 1 Diabetics can't donate blood unfortunately

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-03-10 20:09:46

I actually tried once and almost died cause I was too skinny and had too low blood pressure or some shit. They actually had to reanimate me. From then on I avoid it cause I'm always fit and never sure if that wouldn't happen again.

Response to Donating Blood 2019-03-10 20:32:51

At 3/10/19 03:39 PM, Wegra wrote: Any of you guys ever donate blood regularly? I do and I get free snacks and shit and save lives. This one had free bagels. Lit af

Donate plasma. Get money instead.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-03-10 23:24:09

At 3/10/19 03:43 PM, Zymbot wrote: But I need my blood.

For what purpose?

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-03-10 23:42:54

I've needed blood before, so I appreciate anyone who donates. Someone saved me.

Almost wish it wasnt anonymous so I could buy them a beer.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-03-11 07:37:16

At 3/10/19 03:39 PM, Wegra wrote: Any of you guys ever donate blood regularly?

I tried but they said they wanted my blood.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-03-11 07:53:12

Been thinking about it a long time but: needles.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-03-11 13:42:08

I donated when I was in high school. The closest blood bank to me is at least 20 miles away so I don't donate much anymore. I do have a good donation story.

This girl Maddie was donating the same time as me during my junior year of HS. She kept freaking out about the needle and about how she would react to them taking blood. Finally they start taking my and her blood. Everything is going fine and eventually we finish. They tell us to get up slow, relax in the auditorium, drink some juice, and enjoy a cookie or something. Maddie was so happy she donated without losing her shit that she just launched out of her chair like a marble out of a slingshot, completely ignoring what she was just told. She stood for about 10 seconds before she just fell on to the mats set up on the floor. She was only out a couple seconds, but man what a sight. She was okay, but I don't imagine she donates much blood anymore lol.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-07-18 13:48:58

At 3/10/19 10:36 PM, MPPlantOfficial wrote: @Ever-After have you donated plasma yet?

no, i am writing for money now.

Response to Donating Blood 2019-07-19 01:38:01

At 3/10/19 08:32 PM, kidray76 wrote:
At 3/10/19 03:39 PM, Wegra wrote: Any of you guys ever donate blood regularly? I do and I get free snacks and shit and save lives. This one had free bagels. Lit af
Donate plasma. Get money instead.

I started donating plasma last month and it’s been a pretty good deal thus far. Was able to pay my most recent car insurance and phone bills completely with the money they gave me for my blood.

My biggest complaint is just how long it takes, though. It feels like every visit lasts 2.5 hours because the staff is just dicking around with no sense of urgency. I’ve literally watched some of their employees ignore patients so that they could extensively talk about what they were gonna do for lunch. Not a great look for people that have access to your body via needles.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-07-19 10:21:36

Last time I did, he took it from my neck. Do not go see Dr. Acula.

iu_40662_1249162.jpg

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-07-19 10:31:49

At 7/19/19 01:38 AM, ZJ wrote:
At 3/10/19 08:32 PM, kidray76 wrote:
At 3/10/19 03:39 PM, Wegra wrote:
I started donating plasma last month and it’s been a pretty good deal thus far. Was able to pay my most recent car insurance and phone bills completely with the money they gave me for my blood.

Yep, plus plasma, you can donate two times in a physical week with no breaks per week. With whole blood, you have to wait a month or so to do it again. I've been to two places. The first place was horrible, the first time took like 5 hours from physical to donation for 50 bucks. The second time 3 hours for 20. They were slow, took their time, and workers acted like they didn't care.

However, the place I go to now, 2 hours for physical and donation, and 1 hours for just donation. Soon as the machine goes off, they are instructed to take down asap. I love it. On the best weeks, I can get 115 for two hours and two donations, on a average week with no specials or bonuses still 70 for two hours and two donations. Plus they open up late and close late so work schedules don't conflict.

My biggest complaint is just how long it takes, though. It feels like every visit lasts 2.5 hours because the staff is just dicking around with no sense of urgency. I’ve literally watched some of their employees ignore patients so that they could extensively talk about what they were gonna do for lunch. Not a great look for people that have access to your body via needles.

I understand the feeling. First place I went to had a low rating but they were the only ones in town. Overall just wasn't worth the time unless you were new considering spending 3 hours for 20 bucks is worst than just getting a part time job.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-07-19 10:47:34

I've thought about it, but the nearest place is an hour away on really backed up highway that goes through a mountain. There's a ton of accidents on it and is probably the main cause of needing blood of plasma donated in my area.

Response to Donating Blood 2019-07-19 12:13:22 (edited 2019-07-19 12:13:33)

I would but it can clot the donatee's veins.

"خيبر خيبر يايهود جيش محمد سوف يعود"

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-07-19 15:09:29

Not regularly, but I have before and I mean to do it more often. I believe that it helps and it's for a good cause.

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-07-19 15:36:44

I'm too anemic for that shit.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-07-19 15:47:14

giving blood is like giving aids

im so horny but thats ok my will is good

BBS Signature

Response to Donating Blood 2019-07-19 18:12:26

I havent smoked weed in about.... 2 weeks?

Im thinking I'll go in about a week and a half once it's out of my system.

(I like the thought of saving lives)

*xin laugh*

Response to Donating Blood 2019-07-19 21:02:30

I've donated blood a few times, it's a good deed to do plus yes, you get free snacks.

Just another NG user.

Thanks, @COOLZONE17500 for the cool signature.

BBS Signature