00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

This week in extremism...

18,141 Views | 322 Replies

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-03-17 12:55:48

At 3/17/19 12:31 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: seeing as this is the first case of this kind of incident and technically a now a new historical fact even though they're trying to suppress the video would it be wrong to post a download link to the video and manifesto material (and tag it NSFW) for those interested? because more than likely this is going to inspire copycats or normalize the message seeing as ISIS and Al-Qaeda use similar methods?

Isn't that what the shooter wants...

And I believe that most sites don't allow this stuff to be posted, including Muslim extremist shit. The internet shouldn't go out of their way to normalize this type of shit any more than can be helped. It should be mocked, shamed, villified, and kept shocking to the public.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-03-17 13:47:09

At 3/17/19 12:55 PM, EdyKel wrote: And I believe that most sites don't allow this stuff to be posted, including Muslim extremist shit. The internet shouldn't go out of their way to normalize this type of shit any more than can be helped. It should be mocked, shamed, villified, and kept shocking to the public.

I grew up on Wild West internet the days when 4 and 8 Chan were considered dark net compared to todays back then and beheading videos on Ogrish and Liveleak and ebaumsworld, there were alot more fringe forums then too hosting all sorts of content, you just have to know where to look. Its been normalized since the mid 00s its a little too late for that no matter how hard the bleeding hearts and the humanists who consider themselves with higher senses of "ethics and moral values" try.

Like I said this is now a historical event and the video and manifesto are evidence of that, you don't see people trying to white wash and revise historically proven events like the World Wars. ( I mean there are some but those people are a minority and super weird) just because it happened and there is evidence that it happened doesn't mean we should try to scrub it away or just look away and ignore it like it didn't happen, you have to look at it for what it is no matter the circumstance.

At 3/17/19 12:31 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: would it be wrong to post a download link to the video and manifesto material (and tag it NSFW) for those interested?

Difference between legal and wrong, so just putting both out there. Is it wrong to do exactly what the shooter wants and post his manifesto wherever you go so people can "decide for themselves" whether or not Muslims deserve to be slaughtered for existing? Yeah, I think it's safe to say you'd just be doing what the shooter wants for the sake of nothing. Likely isn't illegal or anything pending on where you post it, though it's 100% understandable if moderators remove or block said links (or in some places even going as far as banning the offending members - not sure it'd be taken that far here, though).

If anyone is really that interested, they have fingers, they can search for themselves. It's pretty irresponsible to make it as easy as possible to find propoganda garbage designed to lead to race war and genocide, in my humble opinion. Of course it's impossible to prevent said spread of propoganda - it only takes a few radicals for something like that to spread like wildfire - but to facilitate in it by posting it yourself would be helping the problem spread even more than it already has.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

At 3/17/19 01:56 PM, Gario wrote: Difference between legal and wrong, so just putting both out there. Is it wrong to do exactly what the shooter wants and post his manifesto wherever you go so people can "decide for themselves" whether or not Muslims deserve to be slaughtered for existing? Yeah, I think it's safe to say you'd just be doing what thr shooter wants for the sake of nothing. Likely isn't illegal or anything pending on where you post it, though it's 100% understandable if moderators remove or block said links.

legally wrong: no but your right depending where I posted it really depends, I guess its just I don't like being told what I can and can't do and people making decisions whats best for me/others. regardless its part of the story and shouldn't be discounted.

If anyone is really that interested, they have fingers, they can search for themselves. It's pretty irresponsible to make it as easy as possible to find propoganda garbage designed to lead to race war and genocide, in my humble opinion.

yeah that's true, let people do it themselves if they wish to see the content that was released.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-03-17 19:44:25

At 3/17/19 12:55 PM, EdyKel wrote: And I believe that most sites don't allow this stuff to be posted, including Muslim extremist shit. The internet shouldn't go out of their way to normalize this type of shit any more than can be helped. It should be mocked, shamed, villified, and kept shocking to the public.

Most mainstream sites will try to do everything they can to contain extremist content, though to fully stop them is a rather Sisyphean task, considering that you have to take satire/parody and free speech into account. (Before anyone gets the wrong idea, something like the mosque shooting or other real-life violent acts should be taken down)

Fringe websites like 4chan, 8chan and the like aren’t bound by the same rules, and attract a whole different audience. Like the mainstream sites, it’s a tall task to eliminate the extremist content within those websites for the reasons above, but in addition it’s simply a waste of time and effort, partly because of obscurity and lack of quality control that no one bothers to attempt to control.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

At 3/17/19 08:29 PM, fukedurmom666 wrote: We are not the political science experiment for some guy in New Zealand. He was trying to change discourse in America, well stick it up your ear, kiwi. We decide what we do, not some pacific island nation.

Yeah, I'll say!

Fuck Nazis, and White Supremacists can all go to hell! Some dumbass terrorist ain't going to tell us Americans that we have to follow suit just because he tries to credit our leaders in his stupid ramblings! We're smarter and stronger than that, as a nation.

Certainly this was the point you were trying to get across - just tryin' to help you out, there! :)

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-03-18 00:27:48

At 3/17/19 07:44 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Most mainstream sites will try to do everything they can to contain extremist content, though to fully stop them is a rather Sisyphean task, considering that you have to take satire/parody and free speech into account. (Before anyone gets the wrong idea, something like the mosque shooting or other real-life violent acts should be taken down)

Fringe websites like 4chan, 8chan and the like aren’t bound by the same rules, and attract a whole different audience. Like the mainstream sites, it’s a tall task to eliminate the extremist content within those websites for the reasons above, but in addition it’s simply a waste of time and effort, partly because of obscurity and lack of quality control that no one bothers to attempt to control.

The act of such an atrocity will always be reported, giving notoriety to the perpetrator, and attention to his cause. There is simply no way around that. But mitigating it by not reporting every aspect, or posting the online raving of that person, funnels that remaining digital detritus to those fringe sites where they are better observed.

If you look at the very first post of this thread, that would-be terrorist was stopped in part because of his online activity to white nationalist sites - including viewing the 2011 manifesto of that Norwegian terrorist.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-03-18 02:09:24

About the New Zealand shooter, I did some research on him.

After carefully checking his manifesto and trying to identify the date he created it, the .DOCX file dates back to ‎Monday, ‎July ‎02, ‎2012, ‏‎9:52:14 AM. That's most likely the time and date he began writing it down, I'm pretty sure he was radicalized at the age of around 19 or 20. From further analysis I noted that he visited forums which are well known to be highly offensive and tend to have a large group of racist teenagers as users. He began traveling to certain countries, most likely reconnaissance.

After carefully reading the entire manifesto the attack was more racially motivated with mixture or hints of religious and historical biased concepts.

In other words, he wasn't working on the attack 2 years ago, he was at it at the starting of the year 2012. Most likely, at the peak when the media began promoting hate.

☯ Way of the Ninja ☯

At 3/18/19 02:09 AM, CoutryNet46000 wrote: In other words, he wasn't working on the attack 2 years ago, he was at it at the starting of the year 2012. Most likely, at the peak when the media began promoting hate.

The guy's manifesto was heavily based on the Norwegian terrorist, who killed over 70 people in Norwway. And I believe it had more to do with the alt-right movement, and Trump, than the general media.

double posted

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-03-18 12:35:19

At 3/18/19 10:58 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 3/18/19 02:09 AM, CoutryNet46000 wrote: In other words, he wasn't working on the attack 2 years ago, he was at it at the starting of the year 2012. Most likely, at the peak when the media began promoting hate.
The guy's manifesto was heavily based on the Norwegian terrorist, who killed over 70 people in Norwway. And I believe it had more to do with the alt-right movement, and Trump, than the general media.

Yes, but the media was fueling right vs left conflict. So I thought I'd let other people know although some media networks were neutral.

☯ Way of the Ninja ☯

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-03-18 14:13:12

At 3/18/19 12:35 PM, CoutryNet46000 wrote:
At 3/18/19 10:58 AM, EdyKel wrote:
Yes, but the media was fueling right vs left conflict. So I thought I'd let other people know although some media networks were neutral.

Whenever I talk about the media I try to distinguish it by differentiating the partisan sites (that are more commentary than news) from the more neutral media sites that just report the news. It saves on confusion.

There are multiple reasons for this type of stuff, not just the media. The war between partisan sites has been going on for the last 40 years or so, and while some of these sites have gotten worse (with some of them outright promoting fake news and identity politics), they are still a small part of the media. It also doesn't help that certain leaders, politicians, or those who have a large following, are stoking identity politics.

What has changed the most, recently, is the way people get their information, and communicate, with the advent of the internet. There are a lot of snowflakes out there who can't handle what other people say about them, their race, religion, or culture. I have noticed that a lot of them support certain parties/politicians just because of those reason, while being very ignorant about policies/laws that could actually benefit them, or hurt them. And politicians, and partisan media site, exploit that.

Then there are dark, fringe, sites, places where certain insecure, angry, people can congregate from all across the country/world, to commiserate over some shared sense of wrong, or unfairness, they think is being done to them. These places foster radicalization and extremism over superficial reasons. It's these sites that often lead to these tragic events.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-03-18 15:40:53

So, Trump is bemoaning about how he's being blamed for the New Zealand massacre, while Kellyanne Conway ( who gives meaning to blond women jokes) is promoting the manifesto by telling people to read it in desperate hope to distance Trump from it because he was mentioned in it.

At 3/19/19 02:26 PM, fukedurmom666 wrote:
At 3/18/19 03:40 PM, EdyKel wrote: So, Trump is bemoaning about how he's being blamed for the New Zealand massacre, while Kellyanne Conway ( who gives meaning to blond women jokes) is promoting the manifesto by telling people to read it in desperate hope to distance Trump from it because he was mentioned in it.
I saw your name mentioned in it too, Edy.

tell us why you want to murder muslim children. Your name is at stake

The name Edy is merely as anonymous as the user - in other words, it's not my real name. But I do not promote hatred of other races, or religions, like Trump does, so your analogy fails.

Trump is prominently mentioned in the manifesto because he promotes identity politics (in a slap in your face way). It's why white nationalists flock to him, as he promotes fear and hatred towards Muslims and immigrants, and even black minorities, as he villafies them as extremisst and criminals. He calls certain non-white countries "shitholes", and espouses that he rather see immigrants from more European countries like Norway - his wife is also an European immigrant.

You can't mistake his words for anything else, not when he is the first to yell Muslim, or immigrant, in terrorist or murder acts, while ignoring, or downplaying when they come from a white nationalist or a white person. He even uses white nationalist words like "invasion" to describe immigration from Mexico, to make it seem worse than it really is, while ignoring the fact that much of it comes from other countries on expired visas.

His policies don't make sense from a national security standpoint either. He focouse on countries that are no threat to us, but have large population of Muslims. He wants to build a wall when most people who aren't outright xenophobic don't think it will work, considering they just go under, over, or around it with airplanes and boat - or even let through the border gate. No, There is a reason why White nationalist back Trumpo, because he makes them feel good about there race, while vilifying others. You can't say this about any other modern president.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-03-19 16:05:21

At 3/19/19 03:42 PM, fukedurmom666 wrote: Why would EdyKel punt on the question of white supremacy? What is so hard about denouncing white nationalism??

he needs to release his tax returns and SSN to me via PM if he hopes to get any glory back after this scandal

Did I punt? Or are you just trying to deflect by trolling because of your insecurities in your support of a pathological liar, and thin skinned narcissist, who platforms off of white nationalism, in the White House, and is leading to more divison and extremism from whites. This tells me all I need to know about you. 😉

At 3/19/19 03:42 PM, fukedurmom666 wrote: Why would EdyKel punt on the question of white supremacy? What is so hard about denouncing white nationalism??

Yeah! This guy knows what it's about - he's a huge SJW Nazi-hating moderating influence on this forum, just like many others on here. I mean, just check out his other pro-Muslim, pro-global peace post above; I trust he's being 100% truthful and actually found Edy's name in the Manifesto (which he probably read multiple times, of course, just to better arm himself against the Nazis!).

You'd best come clean, Edy, before Mr. Mom Fuker 666 gets all crazy on you. This hero for us anti-facists is on to you, and he won't take no for an answer!

Get em', Mom fuker!

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-03-19 18:01:02

At 3/19/19 05:20 PM, Gario wrote:
Yeah! This guy knows what it's about - he's a huge SJW Nazi-hating moderating influence on this forum, just like many others on here. I mean, just check out his other pro-Muslim, pro-global peace post above; I trust he's being 100% truthful and actually found Edy's name in the Manifesto (which he probably read multiple times, of course, just to better arm himself against the Nazis!).

You'd best come clean, Edy, before Mr. Mom Fuker 666 gets all crazy on you. This hero for us anti-facists is on to you, and he won't take no for an answer!

Get em', Mom fuker!

I'll never forget the time when I was called a racist by some guy auguring that blacks had smaller brains and beleived in UFO religions. Or when a black woman was accusing me of being racist because I supported a black Democrat politician (Obama). Or the numerous times I have been called anti-semtic for not supporting certain far right polices by the Israeli government. There are all types out there, just loosley throwing out these words when they don't get their way.

Ayways, let's just end it here before I ask one of the mods to remove all these unnecessary posts.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-03-20 12:19:54

I can see the right trying to downplay, or deny, these white nationalist terrorist attacks, like Trump did. And it's going to become more popular by right wing media sites. Rush Limbaugh, a political far right radio commentariat, who has an audience of under 10 million listeners, is already claiming a conspiracy that the New Zealand attack is a false flag operation, without evidence. He's always been bad, making shit up when it's convenient, to protect his own ass, but this is really bad.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-03-25 16:23:50

At 3/20/19 12:19 PM, EdyKel wrote: I can see the right trying to downplay, or deny, these white nationalist terrorist attacks, like Trump did. And it's going to become more popular by right wing media sites. Rush Limbaugh, a political far right radio commentariat, who has an audience of under 10 million listeners, is already claiming a conspiracy that the New Zealand attack is a false flag operation, without evidence. He's always been bad, making shit up when it's convenient, to protect his own ass, but this is really bad.

Related

But i mean hey, let's all act like the right wing and act like people like Alex Jones are comedic relief and give them a free pass for their rhetoric.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-04-12 21:05:51

The guy who burned down 3 predominantly black churches in Louisiana has been caught. Turned in by his father, who was also a sheriff in the area. Motive is unknown, but some suspect that it may be the fact that he was into "black metal" music, which is often describes as satanic and anti-Christian...

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-04-24 21:41:34

So, this week in extremism... A militia group, called United Constitutional Patriots, is taking the law in their own hand by illegally detaining immigrants who cross the US Mexican border. The leader so f the group has been arrested on a weapon charge, because he has a criminal record. It's also alleged that the militia was plotting to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros - though, how serious that was is questionable.

At 4/25/19 04:27 AM, Entice wrote:
At 2/28/19 12:19 PM, EdyKel wrote: We are not talking about households that hold 2 to 5 (my father has about 5), it's those who hold 15 and more that you have to start questioning, especially when they build that up quickly within a year or two.
It depends on what they are, they could be collectible or bought for resale.

As I said, you have to start questioning those who rapidly buy a dozen or more guns in a year or two. Given the context of this thread, it has little to do with collectible type of firearms, but more modern ones, especially assault weapons (I'll explain this further down), large capacity mags, and a lot of ammo. And I think gun trafficking, which often supplies the drug trade, and other criminal elements, speaks for itself. And I am a firm believer in closing gun show loopholes, which basically allows people to sell whatever without any type of background check on individuals buying a gun.

The reason gun collectors are so afraid of such regulations is that the public can't tell the difference. For example, I bought a VZ 61 Skorpion (semi-auto obviously) recently and the average person I show it too thinks it's "scary" and goes on and on about why I should own one. The reality is that it's a pretty impractical gun besides looking cool, it's just a .32 auto. I have a 9mm that's much less "scary" looking and holds the exact same amount of ammo, except in a more powerful round and more ergonomic gun.

That just becomes an excuse to do nothing. I've had this argument several times.

I use to have a friend who sold guns, and one time he was asked where he would draw the line on what is too much in a gun. He refused to answer it. He was even given a hypothetical question of a gun having nuclear capabilities, for a laugh, but he refused to even draw it there. And I come across a lot of others who don't believe guns are becoming more dangerous, or their shouldn't be a line drawn between what is practical and what is excessive, or impractical, because they don't see a difference between a Glock and a AR 15.

We have had several of the biggest mass shootings in this country history in the last 10 years, with the biggest being Las Vegas, with over 500 hurt, and over 60 dead. Guns are evolving, and becoming more dangerous (along with their accessories) for public consumption, and that is a selling point (I'll explain this later). Instead of addressing this, and the increasing frequency and numbers of people being killed in a single mass shooting, the more radical gun rights supporters who value the 2nd amendment over all other rights, or profit from gun sales, are distracting with excuse and claiming to be victims of an even smaller amount of gun control activists and regulations. Unfortunately, they have the biggest voice in the country, and the money, to promote the most propaganda over guns.

The assault weapons ban was based almost entirely around superficial qualities like this. They just wanted to remove scary looking guns from the public to satiate them. Magazine capacity was one thing, but honestly it doesn't make that much of a difference if you have 3 10 round magazines or 1 30 round.

And yet, we are now seeing a rise in their use in really big mass shootings since the end of that ban. In part, because of the way they look, to intimidate. But, mostly,because they can be customized into something that most closely resembles something you can find on the battlefield, with the closest specs. You can easily convert them to a full auto with a bump stock, and you can have just as many bullets with high capacity mags.

The question is why do we need them?They are not that great at hunting, compared to more traditional hunting rifles, and they are a bit overkill for home defense. I have yet to come across a sound argument that justifies them for public consumption, outside of exotic selling points and being fun to play with, which are not a good reasons to own when they are becoming the number one choice for mass shooters who want to kill dozens of people.

Any gun ban is going to end up hitting this hard. Who's to say if I can afford 30 cheap surplus guns I shouldn't have them?

Do you really need that many? And most gun laws usually grandfather what you already have.

We should be watching people with extremist ideologies instead. Add white nationalists to a watch list. Monitor which types of guns and ammo they're buying if you must. Limiting sales to everyone, regardless of what they're doing, just to have an excuse to arrest these people is the wrong approach.

My simple philosophy is to ban certain firearms, and accessories, and limit the number of sales of certain firearms, to keep other rights. All you are arguing is to grow government to spy on the people, and invade our privacy, in the defense of certain firearms you can't really justify in owning.

The reality is we have a broken system over gun regulations in this country, and the narrative is being controlled by a small group of people who value objects over the lives of others, because they simply don't care about what their hobby does to others, as they care more about their hedonistic pleasures, or profit, over guns, which is what the 2nd amendment was never about.

double post

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-04-25 13:46:06

So a Washington State Representative in Republican leadership was caught conspiring to help with right-wing militia violence against leftist groups, offering to use his resources for psy-ops, gathering info on potential victims' places of work, homes, etc.

I think that counts as right wing extremism, in a place of high authority, no less, and the shit they were/are plotting is pretty nasty.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-04-25 15:09:28

At 4/25/19 01:44 PM, EdyKel wrote:
We have had several of the biggest mass shootings in this country history in the last 10 years, with the biggest being Las Vegas, with over 500 hurt, and over 60 dead. Guns are evolving, and becoming more dangerous (along with their accessories) for public consumption, and that is a selling point (I'll explain this later).

Source that firearms are evolving firearms ballistics have been pretty stagnant since the late 80s early 90s due to the fall of the Soviet Union, its simple ballistics and physics which just finding the Caliber to Cartridge sweet spot for performance.

I've posted how firearm ballistics works and how nothing has truly change you're being disingenuous with your bullshit

Instead of addressing this, and the increasing frequency and numbers of people being killed in a single mass shooting, the more radical gun rights supporters who value the 2nd amendment over all other rights, or profit from gun sales, are distracting with excuse and claiming to be victims of an even smaller amount of gun control activists and regulations. Unfortunately, they have the biggest voice in the country, and the money, to promote the most propaganda over guns.

it ties into with the rest of the Constitution with the debate, you want Universal Background Checks? show me the causation much less legal precedent of government interference between to parties engaging in the exchange of PROPERTY (property rights) of a firearm (2nd) and the Due Process (5th) where thats legally allowed, and I haven't even gotten into illegal searches and seizures and the fact that this example can be used on other things since its became dangerous legal precedent.

And yet, we are now seeing a rise in their use in really big mass shootings since the end of that ban. In part, because of the way they look, to intimidate. But, mostly,because they can be customized into something that most closely resembles something you can find on the battlefield, with the closest specs. You can easily convert them to a full auto with a bump stock, and you can have just as many bullets with high capacity mags.

you can already get and customize a hunting rifle to a something tactical, custom barrels with tactical or wildcat rounds. you can use a rubber band or a belt to bump fire.

The question is why do we need them?They are not that great at hunting, compared to more traditional hunting rifles, and they are a bit overkill for home defense. I have yet to come across a sound argument that justifies them for public consumption, outside of exotic selling points and being fun to play with, which are not a good reasons to own when they are becoming the number one choice for mass shooters who want to kill dozens of people.

Traditional hunting rifles are more powerful in terms of cartridge and caliber size, ammunition sizes used by the military are smaller usually in the 5MM-7MM/ .223-.320 range.

The reality is we have a broken system over gun regulations in this country, and the narrative is being controlled by a small group of people who value objects over the lives of others, because they simply don't care about what their hobby does to others, as they care more about their hedonistic pleasures, or profit, over guns, which is what the 2nd amendment was never about.

it was about self defense, supplying a fledgling America with a fighting force and a way to ensure rights.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-04-26 00:30:17

At 4/25/19 02:15 PM, Entice wrote:
At 4/25/19 01:44 PM, EdyKel wrote: As I said, you have to start questioning those who rapidly buy a dozen or more guns in a year or two.
Unless there's other warning signs, I hardly see how there could be a legal justification for that.

And therein lies the problem, and why there is widespread gun trafficking problem, and why gun walking programs fail, and why government grows to spy on it's citizens, knocking on the door of privacy rights and due process.

And I am a firm believer in closing gun show loopholes, which basically allows people to sell whatever without any type of background check on individuals buying a gun.
I'm not opposed to universal background checks.

As one politician put it "that's like putting lipstick on a pig". It don't do much.

Guns are evolving, and becoming more dangerous
Firearm technology is actually relatively stagnant right now. AR-15s are still state of the art and they're from the Vietnam war era.

It's almost like the rise of political violence can be attributed to factors that extend well beyond guns.

Yet, the frequency, and numbers of killed, in mass shootings, are rising. When you see certain types of firearms, and accessories, have become available for public consumption, then that is an evolution of some sort with a noticeable result - due to certain key features in today's guns. You certainly didn't see anything quite like this a few decades back, except on occasion. These features are promoted and sold to the public as something people should desire and need, even if they are impractical, or overkill.

Not everything is political, or racially motivated, a lot of this shit comes from the mentally ill as well.

And yet, we are now seeing a rise in their use in really big mass shootings since the end of that ban. In part, because of the way they look, to intimidate. But, mostly,because they can be customized into something that most closely resembles something you can find on the battlefield, with the closest specs.
The only modification you can add that changes them into an actual assault rifle is a full auto conversion, which is already illegal. Recievers aren't even allowed to be able to house full auto parts or be "easily convertible" which usually means some machining expertise would be required to make the conversion that the average person does not have.

Which specific accessories are you concerned about?

I'm not sure if Trump's executive order made them illegal or not, but no, they were not illegal to convert those firearms into full autos (just the selling of full auto firearms is ilegal) at least a year back. And it's not difficult for a person to figure out how to convert those firearms into full auto - plenty of how-to-do-it your self YouTube videos on that.

As for accessories, pretty much anything that the average person doesn't need - silencers, armor piercing bullets, high capacity mags, bump stocks.

You can easily convert them to a full auto with a bump stock
Bump stocks are illegal now. That was just a loophole that wasn't closed yet.

So Trump says.... but what does his words mean anymore, when there is often no teeth behind them, and there are millions of them already floating around out there.

and you can have just as many bullets with high capacity mags.
The are normal capacity mags that the gun was designed for.

*sigh

We both know that's a bunch of BS. Just because you can insert any size mag into almost any gun doesn't change the fact that they have been used in a growing epidemic of abuse - and there is no good reason for those high capacity mags. The arguments for them often comes down convenience, or having bad aim, for the need for more bullets in one mag, which just boils down to arguing that people with ill intentions should benefit from it to.

They are not that great at hunting
An AR-15 is a great sporting rifle. Why would it be any worse for hunting that any other rifle of the same caliber?
That's my entire point. You seem to have only a vague understanding of what an AR-15 actually is if you think that a rifle of that pattern can't be used for hunting.

I guess you're also unaware of sports like IPSC.

I'm am well aware of the 1% who claim to use it for pest control, and the small portion of people who use them at sports events, but that does not change the fact that the majority of people just play with them, or covert them. Again, not good reasons to make them available to everybody based on what a small segment of the gun owning demographic use them for legit reasons, when they can easily be misused to easily kill dozens of people in mere seconds.

Do you really need that many?
I don't have to justify my possessions with need.

Why not? Is it out of necessity, or just obsession, for why people would by that many. If you can't give a strong reason for needing that many, then you don't have a strong argument for that.

All you are arguing is to grow government to spy on the people, and invade our privacy, in the defense of certain firearms you can't really justify in owning.
No I'm not, where did I mention invading privacy? Why should the FBI not be keeping an eye on people who are known members of potentially violent right-wing extremist groups? Why should I have to give up anything because our government has chosen to take a lackluster attitude towards terrorists as long as they're white and right-wing? Is the prevalence of such people in our society not, in itself, justification for me to want to arm myself?

You are inadvertently arguing for that, whether you want to believe it or not. By shutting down options, you are directing it towards another direction, and that is growing government and invading privacy, all so you can keep having access to any type of firearm, and accessory for them. And it's up to law enforcement to try an prevent their missus, not on you, which leads to other rights be violated, or eroded, in that process.

You might argue that it's all about going out after extremists, but they have to cast a pretty wide net, looking for keywords, and internet searches, and that is far reaching, because they can't just focouse on the usual shit hole sites that actively promote it, like Stormwatch. I can guarantee that they round up innocent people, and confiscate their equipment, in their attempt to stop just one terrorist attack. You have billions of dollars, and countless man hours, involved, and even with that they can't stop every terrorist attack which just make them cast a bigger net. This is just getting worse, because the public wants something done, so that a small minority of people can get their way on something. And these are just extremist, which make up a small portion of recent extremist attacks. A lot of it comes from the mentally ill. You going to take away more privacy, and due process, to go after them, to protect your ability to choose any type of gun, or accessory, you can't really justify?

It's not just the spying I have a problem with, it's also how we seem to want to fortify our school with many guards, and people being searched when they enter certain buildings or premises. After the Los Vegas mass shooting, you had one security guard casually saying that they're probably have to search people and their luggage, from now on. If this isn't a type of invasion of privacy, I don't know what is. I'm not happy about this.I don't care about what a small segment of society wants, when keep saying it not the gun fault. It people's fault. I rather do something about an inanimate object than take rights away from people - and owning every type of weapon, and accessory, is not a right, but a desire and a choice.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-04-26 00:49:28

At 4/25/19 03:09 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 4/25/19 01:44 PM, EdyKel wrote:
We have had several of the biggest mass shootings in this country history in the last 10 years, with the biggest being Las Vegas, with over 500 hurt, and over 60 dead. Guns are evolving, and becoming more dangerous (along with their accessories) for public consumption, and that is a selling point (I'll explain this later).
Source that firearms are evolving firearms ballistics have been pretty stagnant since the late 80s early 90s due to the fall of the Soviet Union, its simple ballistics and physics which just finding the Caliber to Cartridge sweet spot for performance.
I've posted how firearm ballistics works and how nothing has truly change you're being disingenuous with your bullshit

We have been down this road a lot, and you always take this argument that there has to be some huge advancment to be actual evolution, or take a certain direction for it to be true. The fact is, there has been a serious of incremental advances to improve their performance, from making bullets more aerodynamic (which I showed you that FBI video of), guns lighter, more accurate, ect. All this shit adds up over time, leading people like you to buy the latest version, instead of one made a few decades back. And if you can't imagine any major advance for bullets and firearms, then you lack imagination and foresight.

And as I was telling Entice, we have seen an increase in frequency, and ever higher numbers and deaths and injury, in large mass shootings, to show that there is quite a difference from a few decades back, with the use of certain firearms and accessories, that shows a noticeable result that we haven't seen in decades prior.

Instead of addressing this, and the increasing frequency and numbers of people being killed in a single mass shooting, the more radical gun rights supporters who value the 2nd amendment over all other rights, or profit from gun sales, are distracting with excuse and claiming to be victims of an even smaller amount of gun control activists and regulations. Unfortunately, they have the biggest voice in the country, and the money, to promote the most propaganda over guns.
it ties into with the rest of the Constitution with the debate, you want Universal Background Checks? show me the causation much less legal precedent of government interference between to parties engaging in the exchange of PROPERTY (property rights) of a firearm (2nd) and the Due Process (5th) where thats legally allowed, and I haven't even gotten into illegal searches and seizures and the fact that this example can be used on other things since its became dangerous legal precedent.

This wasn't even a debate 60 years ago. It's only recently that we have radical gun rights activist pretending that the 2nd amendment is some holy script, and that there is only one interpretation of it, theirs - even though history shows otherwise. The government has the right to regulate firearms, that is what the Supreme Court constantly establishes. It basically means that you can't own every single firearm in existence. And what we are now arguing over is about certain firearms, and accessories, that have been constantly abused, because gun laws have not kept up with the times because gun activist are constantly pouting about the end of their gun rights to stall those changes. We are now paying for this shit, as law enforcement agencies have to do something to prevent their misuse, because they are under constant pressure to do that, and sometimes inadvertently end up violating other rights in the process.

But time after time, you cry the same old song with your identity politics over guns, and about how mistreated the gun owners are, when YOU DON"T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE REST OF SOCIETY BECAUSE YOU ARE A SOCIOPATH, WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT YOUR FREEDOMS AND INTERESTS. You don't have a leg to stand on when you try to talk about rights of certain groups, or the morality of what happens to some of them. It's people like you who are the ones who are destroying gun rights, and other rights, because of your narcissistic ideas.

you can already get and customize a hunting rifle to a something tactical, custom barrels with tactical or wildcat rounds. you can use a rubber band or a belt to bump fire.

Thanks for proving my point.

Traditional hunting rifles are more powerful in terms of cartridge and caliber size, ammunition sizes used by the military are smaller usually in the 5MM-7MM/ .223-.320 range.

Again, you prove my point.

it was about self defense, supplying a fledgling America with a fighting force and a way to ensure rights.

So far, under Trump, I see far right gun owners supporting a totalitarian regime, that only grantees their rights and the few, while taking them away from other groups. It's why we got militias going down to the border to detain immigrants, and a whole a lot of armed people and groups who hate non-white races, and government,and are hoping for some rebellion or war to start. It's why right wing terrorism is on the rise, exceeding Muslim terrorism, in this country. It has little to do with self defense, especially over certain firearms and accessories.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-04-26 10:11:20

At 4/26/19 12:49 AM, EdyKel wrote: We have been down this road a lot, and you always take this argument that there has to be some huge advancment to be actual evolution, or take a certain direction for it to be true. The fact is, there has been a serious of incremental advances to improve their performance, from making bullets more aerodynamic (which I showed you that FBI video of), guns lighter, more accurate, ect. All this shit adds up over time, leading people like you to buy the latest version, instead of one made a few decades back. And if you can't imagine any major advance for bullets and firearms, then you lack imagination and foresight.

there have only been a dozen or so knew rounds created, and some materials for ammunition other than that its still the same projectile being ejected by internal combustion down a tube. If I really wanted to I could make one out of a metal pipe and plumbing supplies right in middle of Home Depot, the platform and concept of a firearm is that easy.

And as I was telling Entice, we have seen an increase in frequency, and ever higher numbers and deaths and injury, in large mass shootings, to show that there is quite a difference from a few decades back, with the use of certain firearms and accessories, that shows a noticeable result that we haven't seen in decades prior.

have you ever thought that maybe people are getting smarter doing it? like I don't know actual knowledge of firearms ballistics and tactics and actually getting trained, the Las Vegas shooter knew a bit he used a sight at an elevated position to get a clean straighter shot with his ballistic trajectory because he was shooting downward toward his targets.

This wasn't even a debate 60 years ago. It's only recently that we have radical gun rights activist pretending that the 2nd amendment is some holy script, and that there is only one interpretation of it, theirs - even though history shows otherwise.

The government has the right to regulate firearms, that is what the Supreme Court constantly establishes. It basically means that you can't own every single firearm in existence. And what we are now arguing over is about certain firearms, and accessories, that have been constantly abused, because gun laws have not kept up with the times because gun activist are constantly pouting about the end of their gun rights to stall those changes.

anything within reason is what was ruled under Heller and that goes for the AR-15. the only thing that is illegal (off the top off my head) are:

-firearms under 18 inch barrels

-smoothbore pistols

-fully automatic

We are now paying for this shit, as law enforcement agencies have to do something to prevent their misuse, because they are under constant pressure to do that, and sometimes inadvertently end up violating other rights in the process.

Law Enforcement has no duty to protect you. and the only thing to keep the Law enforcement off of you are strong 4th and 5 amendment rights something you're arguing against.

But time after time, you cry the same old song with your identity politics over guns, and about how mistreated the gun owners are, when YOU DON"T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE REST OF SOCIETY BECAUSE YOU ARE A SOCIOPATH, WHO ONLY CARES ABOUT YOUR FREEDOMS AND INTERESTS. You don't have a leg to stand on when you try to talk about rights of certain groups, or the morality of what happens to some of them. It's people like you who are the ones who are destroying gun rights, and other rights, because of your narcissistic ideas.

one it isn't identity politics just because I introduces you to the concept doesn't mean its a catch all for everything, this is a CONSTITUTIONAL issue something that effects EVERYONE regardless of age, race, religion or sex or they exercise the right or not. what gun control activists advocate for is a very slippery slope that's on an incline that can and will be used by both sides of the isle, it doesn't just effect the 2nd Amendment it effects the 4th the 5th and if we want to play semantics we can go with the 10th as well, and that also doesn't include property and commerce law.

Ensuring Second Amendment rights isn't destroying anything, or supposed "other rights" There's even a new 2A case in the Supreme Court thats going to be heard. and its already caused New York and California to change how they issue permits but the case is still being heard.

that's way more control than the government should have telling us what we can and can't do trying to bypass the Constitution that's what I have a problem with.

Thanks for proving my point.

and converting them to full auto is still illegal and customizing them is not as long as it isn't smooth bore or shortened then the ATF comes along and starts shooting women children and dogs.

Again, you prove my point.

then why are you going after "military style" when they're designed to wound instead of hunting which has the purpose to kill that makes no sense. military are usually in the 5-7MM range at lower pressures compare to hunting which are 6-8MM at much higher pressures. and I haven't even gotten into the difference between NATO rounds and commercial hunting rounds.

So far, under Trump, I see far right gun owners supporting a totalitarian regime, that only grantees their rights and the few, while taking them away from other groups. It's why we got militias going down to the border to detain immigrants, and a whole a lot of armed people and groups who hate non-white races, and government,and are hoping for some rebellion or war to start. It's why right wing terrorism is on the rise, exceeding Muslim terrorism, in this country. It has little to do with self defense, especially over certain firearms and accessories.

the militias at the border have been a thing since GW Bush and they've been pulling that crap for over a decade bud its well documented.

Response to This week in extremism... 2019-04-26 13:11:02

At 4/26/19 02:00 AM, Entice wrote:
At 4/26/19 12:30 AM, EdyKel wrote: . You certainly didn't see anything quite like this a few decades back, except on occasion.
All of the firearms used in mass shootings pre-date the widespread publication of mass shootings. You can't argue that they're new tech when it's simply not true. The market has grown, but the tech is not new.

That's not the point I was making. I'm well aware that there has been a lot of mass shootings throughout history. But the point I was making was that certain firearms, and accessories, have been used in the biggest ones in recent history, which have become more frequent, because they are leading to higher numbers of injuries and body count in one go because of their easy accessibility.

I'm not sure if Trump's executive order made them illegal or not, but no, they were not illegal to convert those firearms into full autos (just the selling of full auto firearms is ilegal)
Learn the basics of the laws you're referring to. Converting a firearm to full auto is absolutely, 100% illegal. A bump stock is not the same as converting to full auto. They increase rate of fire as a practical matter but it's confusing to use the two words interchangeably and you doing this is making the discussion harder to have.

Bump stocks are also illegal to own. When the decision was made to ban them, there was no amnesty and no chance for anyone to register them and own the legally. There is no absolutely no way for a normal person to legally own a bump stock.

Learn what loopholes are. As I said, It's illegal to sell a full auto, not converting a firearm to full auto, which is why bump stocks weren't outright banned, and the government didn't go after people who bought them when they knew the intent for them. Heck,even the ATF gave their blessing over bump stocks, because they couldn't do a damn thing about them. And again, whether there is any teeth behind Trump's executive order over them remains to be seen.

As for accessories, pretty much anything that the average person doesn't need - silencers
Silencers are part of a Federal registry already, and closely tracked by the government.

Yeah, I know, a former friend got one as a gift from his boss (a gun shop owner) so he could practice in his back yard without disturbing his neighbors. And up to last year, The GOP controlled congress was trying to pass a bill to relax regulations over them, but huge mass shootings just kept getting in the way.

Again, this is just lack of knowledge on your part. Suppressors aren't realistic criminal weapons, nor do I see how they could contribute to mass shootings.

That's because they were controlled, but if they weren't they would be abused. Guaranteed.

armor piercing bullets
Armor piercing rounds are illegal and have been for a long time. There is some pre-ban stock that is depleting and aging as we speak.

Again, the GOP Congress was trying to pass a bill up to last year, along with silencers, to weaken regulations over them.

I'm am well aware of the 1% who claim to use it for pest control, and the small portion of people who use them at sports events, but that does not change the fact that the majority of people just play with them, or covert them.
Are you being serious? I can use an AR-15 to hunt deer or any other game animal, and people often do. The majority of gun owners don't use bump stocks, the impression of them is that they aren't useful as anything but toys. I don't disagree with the ban at all.

Oh, yes, I am serious. Most people don't use an AR 15 style firearm for deer hunting because of the caliber size. They use a traditional bolt style rifle. I'm sure some might use a Bushmaster, but that is just plain overkill.

Why not? Is it out of necessity, or just obsession, for why people would by that many. If you can't give a strong reason for needing that many, then you don't have a strong argument for that.
Apply that logic to any other possession and you'll see why it might be viewed as tyrannical.

You can think that enjoying firearms as a hobby is morally bankrupt if you want to, but the fact is that there's no precedent of having to justify hobbies with necessity.

So, paranoia, extremism, and obsession, still do not make a good argument.

I'm well aware of what you are trying to say, but when you play these games with me, knowing full well after some of the largest mass shootings in this country history, and ever rising extremism from far right groups, that you are intentionally glossing over that shit with "collecting" is just not going to cut it with me.

You are inadvertently arguing for that, whether you want to believe it or not. By shutting down options, you are directing it towards another direction, and that is growing government and invading privacy, all so you can keep having access to any type of firearm, and accessory for them. And it's up to law enforcement to try an prevent their missus, not on you, which leads to other rights be violated, or eroded, in that process.
I think that something should be done, you're just asking too much. I'd be more for more extensive background checks or registries for certain weapons than an outright ban. Registries have been proven to be effective. NFA regulated items have almost never been used for either criminal use or even self-defense.

You are calling for outright bans on firearms that, whether you like it or not, were invented a long time ago and already have a long history of being legal in the United States. There's no way that's going to be feasible politically any time soon.

Like many people who obsess over guns (because you don't respect them), you offer only half solutions, because you close off half the options to deal with the problem, to focouse on anything but guns, creating problems that often lead to the invasion of privacy rights and tapping against due process. You might not want to think of it as that way, but that is what it has led to, in desperation to stop these huge mass shooting. I don't mind some gun bans, and tighter regulations over certain guns and accessories, I also don't mind more funding to mental health, more focouse against extremist groups, and even more security for schools, but I would be naive If I believed all that was enough to stop all large mass shootings, or didn't see them create other unintended problems.

And we know that guns bans have worked, it was only after the ASW ban was let to expire that we began to see a huge spike in large mass shootings. And we know the full auto ban worked until the gun industry, along with the NRA, tried to find loopholes in it to sell firearms that looked and and almost felt like full autos, to reinvigorate sagging gun sales from the 90's onward.

This is just getting worse, because the public wants something done, so that a small minority of people can get their way on something. And these are just extremist, which make up a small portion of recent extremist attacks.
Did you not read above? The bans you're suggesting wouldn't have stopped a large number of mass shootings. The weapons used in the most deadly mass shooting in the US was a standard compact 9mm and a .22 lr pistol that hold 15 and 10 rounds, respectively.

The guy was not a US resident, and easily obtained his guns and ammo from out of state. And you also ignored the statistic that shows that the AR style rifles were the weapon of choice in the biggest mass shooting of the last 10 years.

A lot of it comes from the mentally ill. You going to take away more privacy, and due process, to go after them, to protect your ability to choose any type of gun, or accessory, you can't really justify?
If you don't view gun ownership as a right, then how is preventing the mentally ill from owning guns a violation of due process or privacy?

I'm a huge believer in gun rights. I just don't like this view that they should be collected like Pokemon cards. Firearms are about defense, and to kill, not to be played with like toys.

At 4/26/19 02:21 AM, Entice wrote:
At 4/26/19 12:49 AM, EdyKel wrote:
I guess I'll simplify things a bit. The thing about banning certain types of firearm technology is that it's a never ending proposition. There's been mass shootings where a shooter has managed to kill dozens of people with a bog standard hand gun.

If you ban semi-auto rifles with a capacity over a certain number of rounds, it's only a matter of time before a shooting happens with a simpler weapon. Then bans will be called for all semi-autos, which is something people are already proposing.

After that, there's no reason why a lever-action .357 magnum rifle couldn't be used to kill dozens of people as well, or isn't capable of similar feats of marksmanship as a semi-auto.

Gun owners know this. I hate to use a slippery slope argument, but if the precedent is that any time there's a public outcry, a ban is used to placate it, then that's the only way it can go.

What's an ideal middle ground for you? Is there even a way to have a middle ground? I don't think that gun laws should be less strict than they are currently, but clearly my idea of a middle ground leads to less gun regulation than yours.

Beyond that, it's an ideological argument over whether the civilian population should be allowed to arm themselves at all. Being allowed to own a bolt action rifle under very limited circumstances (which would basically be going to way of most European states) isn't the same as being armed in the sense that they mean. The idea of using firearms to safe guard against political tyranny is laughed at a lot, because the popular example is basically mainstream Republicans who aren't being oppressed at all. But remember this was actually a reality during the days of the Black Panthers. I really think it's laughable to argue that the right to bear arms in this sense silly or unneccary considering how often it has happened, even in places like the United States.

My qualification for gun rights being protected would mean that we are at least as well-armed as police officers, who now regularly carry AR-15s and high-capacity 9mm handguns. I think it would be frightening to live in a state where the average police man is more well armed than any civilian could ever legally be.

I have the more conservative view over guns. Everyone has the right to own them, for defense, and for hunting, and that should never be taken away.

Currently, guns are not being taken serious in this country. They are being treated like toys. That's the worst thing you can have for them. A lack of respect for what they are, tools to kill, weapons.

And this is what most of the arguments for them boil down, to: "I want them". It's not about defense, not for hunting, not for government tyranny. Those are just tacked on excuses. It's all about a hobby, while ignoring, or making excuses, over what they have led to in the country with these large mass shootings, that are only growing in size in body count.

And when I look at Trump, and the rise of far right terrorism, and where most gun right activists reside on the political spectrum, I know who will be the first to support government tyranny in this country.