00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Resolving upload resolution issues?

158 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

So I know I'm not a great artist but I think it's perfectly passable for an amateur. My drawings in my Animate projects are simply a delivery for the message and general concept of thinking about what I'm trying to push.

However, every single time I upload anything, it's simply made MORE apparent due to the files coming at a noticeably smaller resolution to the audience and I am flabbergasted how to make it so people (and if we're being honest here, ESPECIALLY one particular user who seems insistent on commenting a different way of saying it 'looks outdated' on every. single. video. with essentially nothing else whatsoever to say) don't get *quite* so caught up in looking at a low-res version of the animation in question.

When I am finished each project, I export to video, and do all the editing work in ScreenFlow (6.2, if you ask, we're hesitant to drop money on the upgrade to ScreenFlow 8 and the 'Try Free' basically doesn't work for whatever reason, it chews everything up and is all over the place).

Once done altering the video and effects as well as placing the audio where need be, I simply export it to my desktop and upload from there to NewGrounds.

When I post on, say...YouTube, there is no resolution degradation as they clearly have more support for varying situations but since I want to put more emphasis on posting to this site as it's the only realistic option to actually have views of any sort (even if most of them are just initial judges on if it is worth allowing to keep on the site, period).

Are there any tools/options which may be of help to me so that people can (fingers crossed) stop being so focused on the irrelevant details of my work and actually just watch it for what it is?

Response to Resolving upload resolution issues? 2019-01-29 00:19:57

Animate isn't the bestest programs to use for illustrations..

You can try exporting your illustration/movie as a *.swf and have Swivel increase the res for you.