00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

coopman12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Playing Castle Crashers in VR!

1,027 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Computer with thousands of dollars put into it? Check.

VR headset that cost hundreds? Check.

Playing Castle Crashers with your old friend @Keith in a virtual reality grand theather? Priceless.iu_804_804203.jpgiu_805_804203.jpg

NG UOTD 2/4/11 | I run a Minecraft server. | Con los terroristas

BBS Signature

Response to Playing Castle Crashers in VR! 2019-01-02 05:03:39

I dunno what to say... it’s just too amazing tbh

in a beautiful place out in the country...

BBS Signature

Response to Playing Castle Crashers in VR! 2019-01-02 15:42:20

At 12/28/18 09:08 PM, Grub-Xer0 wrote: Computer with thousands of dollars put into it? Check.
VR headset that cost hundreds? Check.
Playing Castle Crashers with your old friend @Keith in a virtual reality grand theather? Priceless.

Woah that's cool! I'd really love to do a whole VR Newgrounds some day where everyone can walk around face to face, watch stuff in a theater together, etc... I need to get VR gear so I can catch up on VR Chat and all the other goings on. I feel like I'm holding out for the next gen of headsets because I've tried a lot at conventions and want the next step better. Have there been big changes in hardware each year? It hasn't really felt like it. I should be googling this.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

At 1/2/19 03:42 PM, TomFulp wrote: Woah that's cool! I'd really love to do a whole VR Newgrounds some day where everyone can walk around face to face, watch stuff in a theater together, etc...

That would be so awesome to walk around the office rendered in vr! Computers that can run games, TVs that play movies from the Portal, A FULLY USABLE POOL TABLE that works with vr controllers...

I need to get VR gear so I can catch up on VR Chat and all the other goings on.

You definitely should! I've had vr for a month and it's so fun! The only thing that was holding me back was the price. With the recent price cuts, it's (semi) affordable now.

I feel like I'm holding out for the next gen of headsets because I've tried a lot at conventions and want the next step better. Have there been big changes in hardware each year? It hasn't really felt like it. I should be googling this.

I don't know if there has been any hardware changes, it still has all the same stuff from when it launched. I think the only thing that's being updated right now is the firmware. @Keith should know some real info on this as I'm still really new to this.

At 1/2/19 05:03 AM, Hyenaedon wrote: I dunno what to say... it’s just too amazing tbh

It really is!

BBS Signature

Response to Playing Castle Crashers in VR! 2019-01-02 20:30:25

You can VR-ify almost anything with the VORPX driver. Non VR games stretched and in some cases, reconstructed by the driver to be displayed nicely on vr headsets. I imagine this is what you used

BBS Signature

Response to Playing Castle Crashers in VR! 2019-01-02 22:42:01

At 1/2/19 08:30 PM, Kehmicle wrote: You can VR-ify almost anything with the VORPX driver. Non VR games stretched and in some cases, reconstructed by the driver to be displayed nicely on vr headsets. I imagine this is what you used

We were using Big Screen Beta to play.

BBS Signature

Response to Playing Castle Crashers in VR! 2019-01-02 23:10:36

At 1/2/19 05:49 PM, Grub-Xer0 wrote:
At 1/2/19 03:42 PM, TomFulp wrote: Woah that's cool! I'd really love to do a whole VR Newgrounds some day where everyone can walk around face to face, watch stuff in a theater together, etc...
That would be so awesome to walk around the office rendered in vr! Computers that can run games, TVs that play movies from the Portal, A FULLY USABLE POOL TABLE that works with vr controllers...

Blamming stuff with others seems so surreal, I love it

Response to Playing Castle Crashers in VR! 2019-01-03 17:35:50

Woah that's cool! I'd really love to do a whole VR Newgrounds some day where everyone can walk around face to face, watch stuff in a theater together, etc... I need to get VR gear so I can catch up on VR Chat and all the other goings on. I feel like I'm holding out for the next gen of headsets because I've tried a lot at conventions and want the next step better. Have there been big changes in hardware each year? It hasn't really felt like it. I should be googling this.

Why do I feel that every attempt of this has been a gigantic moneypit failure @TomFulp ---Maybe not the whole VR part but the interactive community part

Response to Playing Castle Crashers in VR! 2019-01-03 17:40:29

At 1/3/19 05:35 PM, StatKing wrote:

Why do I feel that every attempt of this has been a gigantic moneypit failure @TomFulp ---Maybe not the whole VR part but the interactive community part

I get that feeling too, that most VR hasn't been a successful business yet. There should still be a gradual curve of improvement though as headsets get better and cheaper. The tech that ultimately gets it there will have to be super lightweight and hi resolution or something further out, like when we have visual interfaces in our eyes or direct brain interfaces. Still curious to see Magic Leap although that's more AR.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature