00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread

7,666 Views | 178 Replies

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-14 20:49:05

At 12/14/18 08:23 PM, Feoric wrote: Granted, it would have helped if Cohen didn't literally record himself bragging about all of the various felonies he has committed on tape recorders, but the crimes are too severe and the leverage too great for all involved parties to stay silent forever. Flynn was smart enough to immediately recognize that.

Never really understood why Cohen recorded this stuff. Insurance against being betrayed by Trump?

At 12/14/18 08:49 PM, EdyKel wrote: Never really understood why Cohen recorded this stuff. Insurance against being betrayed by Trump?

Pretty much. It was great leverage for him when he was dealing with the Feds. It cuts both ways, as well -- he would be able to use those recordings as blackmail against other involved parties if, say, he caught wind they intended on flipping, or god knows what else. It's a classic mob lawyer strategy (well, not in this case, but this is an extraordinary circumstance to be caught up in).

BBS Signature

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-14 23:59:00

Question: what happened with the Mueller team being told to hand over all private documents to the judge? I saw that a couple days ago and then got caught up in work, so I haven't been paying attention to that since work required me to focus on another news item (I do security).

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-15 00:20:12

At 12/14/18 11:59 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: Question: what happened with the Mueller team being told to hand over all private documents to the judge? I saw that a couple days ago and then got caught up in work, so I haven't been paying attention to that since work required me to focus on another news item (I do security).

They turned over the documents relating to Flynn.

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-15 01:35:28

At 12/15/18 12:20 AM, EdyKel wrote: They turned over the documents relating to Flynn.

Moral of the story: whenever the cops tell you that you don't need a lawyer, don't believe them.

At 12/15/18 01:35 AM, RydiaLockheart wrote:
At 12/15/18 12:20 AM, EdyKel wrote: They turned over the documents relating to Flynn.
Moral of the story: whenever the cops tell you that you don't need a lawyer, don't believe them.

I don't see what the big deal is, to be honest. See McCabe's notes attached below. And, besides:

"A sitting National Security Advisor, former head of an intelligence agency, retired Lieutenant General, and 33-year veteran of the armed forces knows he should not lie to federal agents. He does not need to be warned it is a crime to lie to federal agents to know the importance of telling them the truth. The defendant undoubtedly was aware, in light of his “many years” working with the FBI, that lying to the FBI carries serious consequences." (page 4)

EDIT: for some context, Flynn is scheduled to be sentenced this coming Tuesday. Now, even though the SCO recommended no jail time for him due to the extensiveness of his cooperation, nothing about that is binding. Emmet Sullivan (the judge presiding over the case) has the power to sentence Flynn to a number of days greater than zero. The releasing of these documents is in direct response to Flynn's legal team basically insinuating that the government mishandled the case. Honestly I think the release of the SCO's documents only somehow make him look worse.

BBS Signature

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-15 06:26:07

At 12/15/18 01:35 AM, RydiaLockheart wrote:

Also, do not be a shady moron on the phone, because feds may be illegally wire tapping you.

Flynn is an idiot anyway, I've known that for years.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-15 11:17:59

At 12/15/18 10:39 AM, Sause wrote: Mueller was actually bragging about this in front of a group of people, something along the lines of “if it were a less organized administration [in transition] I wouldn’t have gotten away with it.”

Man of integrity ladies and gentlemen.

Edit: oh and they laughed right along with him

Source?

Yeah 30 year decorated war veterans having to sell an arm and a leg just because your rage can’t be sated. You have the american people’s unwavering support. Wait until more find out exactly what went on....

Say what you want but Flynn broke the law and he admitted that he broke the law. He, like everyone else, needs to be held accountable for that. I implore you to come up with a reason why that should not be the case.

BBS Signature

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-15 13:03:27

At 12/15/18 12:39 PM, Sause wrote: I’ll work for you if you pay me. I’ll also read your massive walls of text if you pay me as well. Nobody has time for all of this unless they’re some establishment shill like you. So yeah spread around those Soros bills and I’ll be more than happy to do what you say.

Why bother spreading lies about Mueller on the internet if you can't even so much as find a link from The Gateway Pundit to back it up?

BBS Signature

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-15 13:19:45

At 12/15/18 01:15 PM, Sause wrote: Plea Deals are banned in most developed countries because of abuse, and the US federal system has a 99% conviction rate due to overcharging to force pleas--including from the innocent.” (This is how Mueller is trying to force people to lie.)

lol

BBS Signature

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-15 13:30:06

At 12/15/18 01:23 PM, Sause wrote: And? No go on, explain the lol.

You have nothing to support the notion that the government mishandled Flynn's case and you have nothing to back up the allegation you made against Mueller, so you've instead resorted to ad hominem attacks against those who actually are capable of providing evidence and sources to support their arguments, and have also resorted to pasting shitposts from r/the_donald in a desperate attempt to draw attention away from those facts. There's no sense in attempting to explain to you why that's funny because you aren't in on the joke.

BBS Signature

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-15 13:43:34

At 12/15/18 01:34 PM, Sause wrote: I believe that’s my line. YOU have nothing. Not since day 1 of this death march.

Shown below: the elusive "Nothing" in its natural habitat.

BBS Signature

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-15 13:47:57

At 12/15/18 01:34 PM, Sause wrote:
At 12/15/18 01:30 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 12/15/18 01:23 PM, Sause wrote: And? No go on, explain the lol.
You have nothing
I believe that’s my line. YOU have nothing. Not since day 1 of this death march. This is a political hissy fit wrapped up as some kind of “special counsel” because you didn’t get the election results you wanted. Your buddies started with guilty and worked from there, turning over and destroying everything in their path just to unseat an elected official.

Deal with it.

It's kinda sad that's how Trump supporters are. They elected a guy who you can document his lies by his ever changing story from one day to the next, has a lawyer with a Mafia name like "the Fixer", and is surrounded by the best of the best who lie about their foreign connections, use taxpayer money for personnel travel and office redecoration, and work for certain businesses..... And they think Mueller is the bad guy, and everything is a conspiracy against Trump. While they, themselves, play the victim card, and deflect and shitpost to distract from having nothing to show for.

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-16 04:21:34

is this still about russia

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-16 06:57:52

At 12/15/18 01:43 PM, Feoric wrote:
At 12/15/18 01:34 PM, Sause wrote: I believe that’s my line. YOU have nothing. Not since day 1 of this death march.
Shown below: the elusive "Nothing" in its natural habitat.

I’ve got a feeling this thread cheesed Sause right off the site.

BBS Signature

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-16 12:17:18

At 12/16/18 06:57 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I’ve got a feeling this thread cheesed Sause right off the site.

Let's take some time this holiday season to thank Bob Mueller for his service to both his country and Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

At 12/16/18 06:57 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
I’ve got a feeling this thread cheesed Sause right off the site.

It's not just me, then, who can't see her posts anymore? I wouldn't think "Mueller has actually found evidence of wrongdoing from Mr. 45" would be so goddamn offensive that it'd force you off the site.

Shows what I know.

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-16 13:39:42

At 12/16/18 12:54 PM, Gario wrote:
At 12/16/18 06:57 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: I’ve got a feeling this thread cheesed Sause right off the site.
It's not just me, then, who can't see her posts anymore? I wouldn't think "Mueller has actually found evidence of wrongdoing from Mr. 45" would be so goddamn offensive that it'd force you off the site.
Shows what I know.

I deleted the last few posts, partly because they were substanceless, but I also agreed with the reason that they were brought to my attention: sause was attempting to piss feoric off. I reckon the post deletion was the camelback-breaking straw.

BBS Signature

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-16 14:53:41

Nothing say's guilt of some kind quite like this: Lawyer says Mueller can interview Trump only 'over my dead body'

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-16 15:06:04

At 12/16/18 02:53 PM, EdyKel wrote: Nothing say's guilt of some kind quite like this: Lawyer says Mueller can interview Trump only 'over my dead body'

This is code for "There is NO way I can make an interview a positive for my client." Either the facts suck, or the client sucks, or both. My bet is on the last of the three.

There are times where there is just no value in speaking with the prosecution or the police, but this is a situation where Trump could roll like a tumbleweed in a Spaghetti Western and likely avoid anything serious. He's just too undisciplined to do so.

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2018-12-16 23:40:28

At 12/14/18 01:11 PM, Gario wrote:
Sure, I'm with you on that overall. Cohen's case is definitely finished, though - he's been sentenced and everything - so I'd say anything coming from Cohen is fair game to talk about, at this point. Outside of a pardon from Mr. 45 (which would be both insane and unwarranted, even in Mr. 45's interests), the Cohen case isn't going to develop much further.

Cohen, Trump related charges or not, was not going to fare well if he got in front of the justice system.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2019-01-25 11:52:00

And another one is arrested: Trump confidant, Roger Stone, faces obstruction charges, witness tampering, and making false statements.

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2019-01-31 08:57:02

Why did no one question key witnesses WikiLeaks and Kim Dotcom?

Isn't that the mandate of an investigation?

At 1/31/19 08:57 AM, AcidX wrote: Why did no one question key witnesses WikiLeaks and Kim Dotcom?

The mandate of the investigation is to see what members of the Trump campaign knew about the DNC hack, and if anyone of them were colluding with Russia on it - and to prosecute any other crime they come across. They are not going to waste their time on another voice, out of millions, on the internet who claims to know the truth or to have proof of something.

At 1/31/19 02:13 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 1/31/19 08:57 AM, AcidX wrote: Why did no one question key witnesses WikiLeaks and Kim Dotcom?
The mandate of the investigation is to see what members of the Trump campaign knew about the DNC hack, and if anyone of them were colluding with Russia on it - and to prosecute any other crime they come across. They are not going to waste their time on another voice, out of millions, on the internet who claims to know the truth or to have proof of something.

You mean the Russian hacking which included the emails leaked on WikiLeaks?

"Another voice"?

That's a fucking witness you lying scum.

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2019-01-31 15:03:30

At 1/31/19 02:34 PM, AcidX wrote:
At 1/31/19 02:13 PM, EdyKel wrote:
You mean the Russian hacking which included the emails leaked on WikiLeaks?
"Another voice"?
That's a fucking witness you lying scum.

You might want to get off your drugs, son. I have no clue who you are talking about, outside of Dotcom - who claimed to have evidence on the hacking, but never released it.

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2019-01-31 16:12:38

At 1/31/19 03:03 PM, EdyKel wrote: You might want to get off your drugs, son. I have no clue who you are talking about, outside of Dotcom - who claimed to have evidence on the hacking, but never released it.

really?

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2019-01-31 16:51:13

At 1/31/19 04:12 PM, AcidX wrote:
At 1/31/19 03:03 PM, EdyKel wrote: You might want to get off your drugs, son. I have no clue who you are talking about, outside of Dotcom - who claimed to have evidence on the hacking, but never released it.
really?

Sorry, I don't go to pick-your-conspiracy sites, like Dotcom's, who rely on alternate reality stories as a hook to attract insecure, and alienated, people to profit from, attention wise or financially. I just follow the current stories over this, like most people, from media sites. If you going to claim something to be true then at least spit out a name or two, instead of playing this intentional ambiguous shit.

Dotcom is literally known for making file-sharing websites.

If Trump colluded with Russia, why did he leave evidence against his GOP friend Roger Stone in there too?

Response to Mueller/Special Counsel Megathread 2019-01-31 18:47:30

At 1/31/19 04:57 PM, AcidX wrote: Dotcom is literally known for making file-sharing websites.

You mean a site that was infamous for sharing copyrighted protected stuff such as the latest music, movies, games, allowing him to make his current millions form the theft of other people's property?

But that's all besides the point. You brought up his name, as if he was a viable source of information over the DNC Hack. You also argued in another thread that he promoted a conspiracy where he believed it was Seth Rich who stole the e-mails, and that he had insider information/evidence of that. So, it's no use feigning ignorance, and using deflections. I remember your past argument well enough.

If Trump colluded with Russia, why did he leave evidence against his GOP friend Roger Stone in there too?

First of all, I don't think you will find anyone in this thread who will say that Trump colluded with Russia. Get that shit out of your head right now. I think most people here have already come to the conclusion that Trump is just a narcissistic idiot, just a useful tool for Russia. It doesn't help that Trump keeps trying to obstruct justice by either firing people in charge of investigating the Russian hacking, promising to pardon the people being investigated to keep their loyalty, or trying to hold secret meetings with Putin, that makes people think that Trump is hiding something - or guilty of something.

As for Roger Stone, it's no secret that he was tipped off about the DNC hacks from Wikileaks, and that he did try to reach out to them - but lied about all of this,or tried to hide it. It also doesn't change the fact that many of Trump campaign staff had some ties of some to kind Russia, directly or indirectly, or tried to form them, or reached out to them or wiki leaks - and also tried to lie about them. And this is the Crux of all this, the constant lies, and contradiction, which Mueller has to sort through - and the interference by Trump, or people in his campaign, who are trying to undermine the investigation in some way by influencing other people who are being investigated in it.

As it stands, the most likely scenario is that Russia used Wikileaks as a proxy to help the Trump campaign, with a lot of stupidity on the part of the Trump campaign.