00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

senoritaspie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game Awards 2018

804 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Game Awards 2018 2018-12-06 23:26:05

Surprised we didn't already have this.

Let's get a conversation going.

Response to The Game Awards 2018 2018-12-07 05:18:50

That Smash Bros announcement was the highlight of the show. Nobody saw it coming.

Response to The Game Awards 2018 2018-12-07 11:21:38

I watched a stream of it on twitch only because the person streaming it had a bingo card of the cliche nonsense that usually happens at these events.

I've always seen award shows as a joke. Weather it's movies, games or whaterver.

With games it's especially bad as it's usually just one long extended advertisement that some people are actually dumb enough to pay to see.

It's also annoying seeing like 5 separate games win everything via popularity contest.

Response to The Game Awards 2018 2018-12-07 13:50:51

I did not watch any of the actual award presentation but there were a couple interesting game announcements. The Outer Worlds from Obsidian Entertainment looks like it could be fun and Joker is coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It would be neat if that translates into Persona 5 getting a Persona 4 Golden style release on the Switch. Dragon Age 4 was also teased but I have low expectations for it after Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Response to The Game Awards 2018 2018-12-07 20:17:19

The stream lag was just horrendous from where I saw it..

Response to The Game Awards 2018 2018-12-07 23:58:39

I've always seen award shows as a joke. Weather it's movies, games or whaterver.

With games it's especially bad as it's usually just one long extended advertisement that some people are actually dumb enough to pay to see.

This is exactly how I feel about it. I've never watched the video game awards show and probably never will. The only exciting highlight that I keep seeing getting shared around is the Joker being in Persona thing. Which i'll be honest, I never in a million years would've seen that coming.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game Awards 2018 2018-12-08 11:43:50

The Video Game awards are little more than a glorified pat on the back from fellow developers and game journalists considering that there are only a few games that are worthy of being called GOTY. That said, it’s mostly in good fun and with a few egregious exceptions from a few rogues, most people can spot out an actual GOTY quality game that’s worthy of such praise.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature