00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JSkell95 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift

4,286 Views | 47 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Feature Update: Co-authors can now respond to reviews!

Traditionally, only the project owner could write responses but now any project member can chime in.

We also unveiled a Halloween site skin by @MisMash and you have until October 31st to snag it as a poster.

It makes a great desktop wallpaper if you download the full quality version!

Our Halloween Spooktacular is in progress, with individual $100 prizes for the best animation, game, art, audio and story. Eight days remain to make something spooky!

If you carve a pumpkin with a Newgrounds theme this year, upload it to the Art Portal and tag it with "pumpkin2018", so we can showcase our favorites. This includes carving characters from your favorite cartoons and games here.

To celebrate Inktober this month, we're selecting five artists and gifting them pen kits.

The first recipient was mogy64.

Our second recipient is @nrvos, who has been inking adorable monster people all month:

Congrats @nrvos and thank you for sharing your art on NG!

Finally if you haven't seen it yet, @DreaminErryDay released an NG exclusive Super Crown animation:

Be sure to follow @DreaminErryDay, he makes great stuff!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-23 12:27:30

Aw thanks for the shout-out, Tom!

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-23 12:36:08

Oh fuck, I have to remove @HenryEYES from every project I put him in, SHIT

Come on down to Fulpstation, baby

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-23 12:42:19

At 10/23/18 12:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: Feature Update: Co-authors can now respond to reviews!

That's awesome! I'm about to test this out now. Not a lot of my submissions get reviews anymore as they're buried, but back in the day I know there were a ton of reviews I wanted to respond to, but couldn't.

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-23 12:53:32

At 10/23/18 12:42 PM, Fro wrote:
At 10/23/18 12:19 PM, TomFulp wrote: Feature Update: Co-authors can now respond to reviews!
That's awesome! I'm about to test this out now. Not a lot of my submissions get reviews anymore as they're buried, but back in the day I know there were a ton of reviews I wanted to respond to, but couldn't.

Hm, I may be missing it. I don't see where I would respond to a review on the submissions I'm coauthored on.

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-23 12:59:13

At 10/23/18 12:53 PM, Fro wrote:
Hm, I may be missing it. I don't see where I would respond to a review on the submissions I'm coauthored on.

Well well... I just tested and if I add myself, I can reply to reviews but if I add an alt that's a regular user privileges, I can't. I'm checking with Jim in case there was some staff-only check in there for testing.

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-23 14:10:00

Is or will there ever be an option to remove oneself as coauthor from something they didn’t submit or create (ie test projects)?

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-23 14:20:15

At 10/23/18 02:10 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
Is or will there ever be an option to remove oneself as coauthor from something they didn’t submit or create (ie test projects)?

It's a little hidden but this should work - let me know if not. Start by going to your projects area:

https://www.newgrounds.com/projects

Click Manage Movies or Manage Games, based on the category.

Find the particular game or movie in the list of published movies and click it.

This should take you to the internal project hub. Click the link for Project Members.

Where you see yourself on there, click the dropdown that says "Contributor" or "Manager" depending on your role and select "Remove Me."

If that doesn't work, you can PM me a list of projects you want to be removed from. I just tested from a non-admin account though to confirm all the steps should be doable even with contributor access.

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-23 14:48:34

Co-author responses! Just what I need for my first collaborative effort! Thanks, Tommy!

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-23 15:27:12

This will be an interesting update. Will have to check it out .

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-23 16:12:26

It's just one awesome thing after the other. :D Gotta jump into some collabs again so I can start trying out this new feature... sounds like the best of both worlds in the threaded vs regular reviews debate, just enough multi-user interaction. Though might be useful with some option there for collab creators to still be able to select what level of contributor is allowed to respond, or turn that feature off, if there isn't already. Wondering how this might look with responses on a 50+ person collab...

I like how these Inktober prizes are going out one at a time too. Holding on the suspense a bit.

And Congrats @nrvos on this one! Hyped for whatever winner/announcement's next!

The latest: Hexa #95 (Mar)

BBS Signature

Also the new background's pretty awesome. Beast hidden behind the main layout and all, just shining through for a moment whenever you load a new page.

BBS Signature

I literally screamed when I saw this, oh my god. Thank you so much Tom and everyone here on Newgrounds, you guys have been so great to me, I've been waiting for Co-Author response functionality since 2007!

LOL but seriously, I really appreciate you guys gifting me the pen kit and was blown away when I found out. This is my first year ever doing Inktober and the most I've ever drawn traditionally in a long, long time as I usually draw digitally these days. It was hard at first not having my good friend Ctrl+Z by my side, but drawing with my other friends who were doing Inktober too made the experience fun and now I've come to love drawing with the good ol' pen and paper. :')

Once again, thank you everyone!

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-23 16:50:22

At 10/23/18 12:53 PM, Fro wrote:

Try replying to some reviews now!

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-23 18:46:25

At 10/23/18 04:50 PM, TomFulp wrote:
Try replying to some reviews now!

Works good, thanks!

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-23 19:33:14

Love the co-author update! It always bugged me when I saw reviews I couldn't respond to, I always like thanking people for their comments and insights. Definitely gonna put that to use soon.

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-24 00:02:03

This directly and immediately pleases me. Nice one, Tom & Co.

(>'-')>

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-24 01:07:14

I've wanted this for so long! So awesome that it's finally here :)

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-24 08:23:36

At 10/23/18 05:42 PM, Draegan-Vorlkarth wrote: regarding the pumpkin carve, will you be accepting submissions from https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/551135 as you have in the previous years ?.

(the game in question is carve 'n share, doesn't seem to be showing up correctly for some reason )

I'll plan to showcase Carve 'n Share entries too.

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-24 13:30:42

I love how active everyone is this time of year! Keep up the awesome stuff everyone ❤️❤️❤️

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-24 14:22:07

At 10/24/18 01:30 PM, Saminat wrote: I love how active everyone is this time of year! Keep up the awesome stuff everyone ❤️❤️❤️

With Halloween next week, this is one of the best times of the year. I will make sure to keep being active. You might be seeing something special very soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-25 00:44:39

Shit yeah!

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-25 05:53:34

YES YES YES YES. Co-author responses is the thing I've been hoping for for years! Now to wait for the thing I've been hoping for for months: being able to hit reviews with a mood response from other response sets, purely to whip out the clock one.

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-25 06:00:51

At 10/25/18 05:53 AM, PhantomCat wrote: YES YES YES YES. Co-author responses is the thing I've been hoping for for years! Now to wait for the thing I've been hoping for for months: being able to hit reviews with a mood response from other response sets, purely to whip out the clock one.

Supporter-Only perk potential hmm. :) Sounds possibly a bit aesthetically messy but pretty cool.

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-25 17:57:47

At 10/25/18 06:00 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 10/25/18 05:53 AM, PhantomCat wrote: YES YES YES YES. Co-author responses is the thing I've been hoping for for years!
Supporter-Only perk potential hmm. :) Sounds possibly a bit aesthetically messy but pretty cool.

Don't even give them the idea. It should be free for everybody.

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-25 22:43:42

newgrounds is awesome :)

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-25 23:01:13

At 10/25/18 10:43 PM, tehslaphappy wrote: newgrounds is awesome :)

no, ur awesome

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-25 23:11:51

oh man those ink kits are nice. i'm excited to see who get them. ugh i got a bunch of buds eyeballing that lol. congrts to all so far though!

Buy my book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1686919077 (also available for other countries too, thks ILU <3 )

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-26 03:32:13

At 10/25/18 11:01 PM, Kevin wrote:
At 10/25/18 10:43 PM, tehslaphappy wrote: newgrounds is awesome :)
no, ur awesome

No u

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Co-Author Review Response, Ink Gift 2018-10-26 04:51:09

At 10/25/18 05:57 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Don't even give them the idea. It should be free for everybody.

As a Supporter I do like those perks though. ;) They make you feel special.

And any additional reason for users to support the site is all good IMO, as long as it's only for additional things; nothing that affects the core functionality for all.

BBS Signature