00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Xyphondevi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pen and Paper vs The Tablet

273 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Pen and Paper vs The Tablet 2018-10-12 18:41:10

So far there's only 2 free hand drawings to go off of but I plan to make more in the coming days. Anyway, I've started posting free hand pen and paper style drawings because my tablet and new laptop weren't exactly getting along for a while. I hope I can soon start doing stuff on the tablet now its up and running again. I've seen some awesome art here thats inspiring me to get back to work. Not that I'm any big shot but, sit tight folks XD

I wanted a bit of feedback. There's definitely a big difference in my free hand drawings to my tablet drawings. Which do you prefer and why? Any tips and criticism helps so please share your wisdom. Or just pick your preferred way of art I guess. Its been a while (Lazy as fuck) but hey, I might even make more than just a couple of drawings before my next couple months off.

Thanks guys :)

Response to Pen and Paper vs The Tablet 2018-10-14 21:32:56

Your freehand stuff is good. If it were inked, I am not sure I would be able to decide. The tablet drawings look a little more complete, so I am going to have to go with those.

Response to Pen and Paper vs The Tablet 2018-10-15 14:22:14

Thanks for the full run down. I'll consider it all in the future. One little thing, I was really asking for your preference on the drawings not the storage of said drawings. But hey, I learned a thing or two and wont forget it anytime soon. So for that I thank you

Response to Pen and Paper vs The Tablet 2018-10-15 19:44:43

At 10/12/18 06:41 PM, ZoroarkX wrote: I wanted a bit of feedback. There's definitely a big difference in my free hand drawings to my tablet drawings. Which do you prefer and why? Any tips and criticism helps so please share your wisdom. Or just pick your preferred way of art I guess. Its been a while (Lazy as fuck) but hey, I might even make more than just a couple of drawings before my next couple months off.

I can't say which I prefer since both seem to have a similar quality. Since with digital you get to use colors, I guess that's preferable but hear me out.

When I jumped ship to digital, there was such a massive improvement that I never touched actual paper to draw again until quite recently. Choose the digital boat however if and only if you feel you can learn and improve better on it. Otherwise, if your fundamentals aren't strong enough, the convenience of digital software might damage your drawing technique. The undos and transform tools are all there to help, but you can do so much more when you don't have to rely on them anymore. Fancy toys are not that fancy if you can't utilize them fully - plus they're quite expensive.

digital supplies are breaking my wallet

That's just an advice or two from me. Hope it helps!

P.S. Definitely draw more dude, whichever medium you choose. Practice makes perfect.

peskytarian

BBS Signature