00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Work Out Thread

43,662 Views | 1,258 Replies

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-10-21 22:16:52

At 10/21/18 09:15 AM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 10/21/18 09:09 AM, Scintillating wrote: Nobody should ramp up their weight that fast. It's insanely dangerous, unless you can already basically squat the maximum on that chart, in which case it's a pointless waste of time to do less than 80%.
I'm not sure what you mean by "that fast"

I mistakenly thought the "Squatober" workout was listing weights... I mean those weights in pounds are doable. I get it now.

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-10-22 05:07:23

At 10/21/18 06:03 PM, Boss wrote: They’re homophobes.
I mean homophones.

Not in Queen's English. Nor even in my fookin' accent. You bloody sepps just can't speak properly.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-10-30 18:59:52

I took two weeks off because I was sick on and off. My daughter has been sick as well. I had to really take it easy today because the illnesses has me exhausted. Hopefully this week helps me catch up.

I'm also going to try a different workout program as well that involves higher reps with lower weights. I'm getting too old to keep putting 300-400 pounds on the bar every day.

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-10-30 19:04:02

At 10/30/18 06:59 PM, Fro wrote: I took two weeks off because I was sick on and off. My daughter has been sick as well. I had to really take it easy today because the illnesses has me exhausted. Hopefully this week helps me catch up.

I'm also going to try a different workout program as well that involves higher reps with lower weights. I'm getting too old to keep putting 300-400 pounds on the bar every day.

I've taken a few days off for migraines and hospital stays as well, but over all, I stuck to the squatober challenge I posted in the OP.

I've averaged between 100-200 squats a day.

Next month, I'm doing an arm challenge.

I'm glad you guys are better!

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-10-30 21:20:53

At 10/30/18 07:04 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 10/30/18 06:59 PM, Fro wrote:

Sorry you guys been ill recently. Tomorrow's my leg day, but I want to donate blood if they allow me. If I do it hours after the work out, would I be okay?

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-10-30 21:38:53

At 10/30/18 09:20 PM, CiviLies wrote:
At 10/30/18 07:04 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
At 10/30/18 06:59 PM, Fro wrote:
Sorry you guys been ill recently. Tomorrow's my leg day, but I want to donate blood if they allow me. If I do it hours after the work out, would I be okay?

I always skip workouts if I'm doing bloodwork that day, before or after.

That said though, thanks for donating!

I needed blood last year, I appreciate all donors.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-02 11:16:17

My IRL workout group is doing 2 challenges this month.

Arm challenge

Planksgiving

I personally am doing the arm challenge and I brought some free weights to work so I can do some light lifting periodically throughout the day.

In addition, I'm going to maintain my momentum from October and continue 100 squats a day.

I'm also kinda sorta half ass training for a 5k I might do in December.

Ok. Let's do this! Here's the challenge I'm doing.

The Work Out Thread

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-02 11:17:30

Plank challenge

The Work Out Thread

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-02 11:18:34

And don't give up.

We gotta hustle so we can have all the mashed potatoes this Thanksgiving.

ALL THE POTATOES!!!!

The Work Out Thread

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-06 19:26:36 (edited 2018-11-06 19:27:45)

At 11/2/18 11:18 AM, SevenSeize wrote: And don't give up.

We gotta hustle so we can have all the mashed potatoes this Thanksgiving.

ALL THE POTATOES!!!!

Ugh, winter is the hardest time for me to stay motivated. I have been doing so well all year, but this morning it took me 1.5 hours to get out of bed. I haven't got my steps in yet today. I did however kill it at the gym yesterday.

I am doing bench press november. the goal is start at a bench press weight that i'm comfortable with and then be doing double that by the end of november.

i have adjusted my steps/calories for the winter because i know i'll be moving less and eating more. november is a busy month for me, along with december so here's to hustling and not giving up!

also, girl, are you on pinterest? if so, i have a feeling we could share fitness motivation and healthy recipes and words of encouragement!

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-06 21:03:57

At 11/6/18 07:26 PM, Alias wrote:
also, girl, are you on pinterest? if so, i have a feeling we could share fitness motivation and healthy recipes and words of encouragement!

I am, I will PM you my link!

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-08 06:31:15

SevenSeize, do you plan to train for longer distances like 10k or half-marathon, or are you going to aim to improve your time?

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-08 08:23:46

At 11/8/18 06:31 AM, Sobolev wrote: SevenSeize, do you plan to train for longer distances like 10k or half-marathon, or are you going to aim to improve your time?

Oh God no.

I have heart issues and I'm confident a marathon would kill me.

But I'd love to improve my 5k time, yep!

I'd also like to simply improve cardiac conditioning.

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-13 20:42:58

Had a sleep study at the hospital last night to watch my heart.

The tech let me compare my Fitbit sleep waves with my EEG sleep waves. The Fitbit had the number of cycles pretty well down, but he said I was in REM sleep waaaay more than the Fitbit showed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-14 14:54:25

I've been skipping the gym and feeling so tired lately. I'm forcing myself to go today (literally right now) even though I rather sit on my butt and do nothing.

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-14 15:01:10

QUIETLY STEALING THE OP PICTURE

INSTEAD OF SQUATS IM DOING PUSH UPS

GET LIKE ME

gaydemocrat: i just found a seed in my dope

gaydemocrat: this is a fucking outrage

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-14 15:02:16

At 11/14/18 02:54 PM, Fro wrote: I've been skipping the gym and feeling so tired lately. I'm forcing myself to go today (literally right now) even though I rather sit on my butt and do nothing.

ONCE YOU GET THERE YOU WILL HAVE THE MOTIVATION YOU NEEDED

THIS HAPPENS TO ME EVERY SO OFTEN

A QUICK TREADMILL RUN (15-20 MINS) WILL RECTIFY YOUR MENTALITY

gaydemocrat: i just found a seed in my dope

gaydemocrat: this is a fucking outrage

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-14 17:01:10

At 11/14/18 03:02 PM, beheadedbymuslims wrote:
A QUICK TREADMILL RUN (15-20 MINS) WILL RECTIFY YOUR MENTALITY

I did it, a mile to the gym. Worked some weights and a mile back. Just to do it for the next two days as well. I only have time to hit it during my lunch break, but with the gym only being a mile away it's an easy jog/walk.

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-30 20:18:33

Man Hangs on for Life in Terrifying Hang Gliding Mishap

A guy did not have his safety harness fastened during his flight on a glider. He literally performed a 2-minute dead hang to save his life. If the man was you, would you be able to hang on for 2 minutes?

See, building strength and endurance can potentially be a life-saver.

Latest TCs

I mainly focus on WPac and NATL basin.

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-30 21:25:56

ive been pretty out of shape sort of for a while, but i can still do 20 push ups so thats a start

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-11-30 22:19:01

At 11/30/18 08:18 PM, Sobolev wrote: Man Hangs on for Life in Terrifying Hang Gliding Mishap

A guy did not have his safety harness fastened during his flight on a glider. He literally performed a 2-minute dead hang to save his life. If the man was you, would you be able to hang on for 2 minutes?

See, building strength and endurance can potentially be a life-saver.

I've watched this like 5 times and I cannot believe he was able to do it.

Just wow

At 11/30/18 09:25 PM, Boss wrote: ive been pretty out of shape sort of for a while, but i can still do 20 push ups so thats a start

My December goal is going to be push ups everyday. My arms need work.

At 11/30/18 09:35 PM, Zornuzkull wrote: Yall need a montage...

This is perfect.

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-12-04 15:16:41

I forgot to post the December challenge!
I need to do a diet challenge too, because I fell off the wagon on Thanksgiving and my fat ass has yet to get back on said wagon.

The Work Out Thread

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-12-04 16:00:23

At 12/4/18 03:16 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I forgot to post the December challenge!
I need to do a diet challenge too, because I fell off the wagon on Thanksgiving and my fat ass has yet to get back on said wagon.

I gained 8 pounds during Thanksgiving, but I'm back down to normal weight again. I have had a big increase in appetite since the big meal though. I think I've jumped started my metabolism from lifting weights so it's been equaling out... so far..

I'll do this challenge with you. I'll have to skip the first 3 rest days and I'll start with day 1 today.

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-12-07 12:21:51

At 12/4/18 04:00 PM, Fro wrote:
At 12/4/18 03:16 PM, SevenSeize wrote: I forgot to post the December challenge!
I gained 8 pounds during Thanksgiving, but I'm back down to normal weight again. I have had a big increase in appetite since the big meal though. I think I've jumped started my metabolism from lifting weights so it's been equaling out... so far..

I'll do this challenge with you. I'll have to skip the first 3 rest days and I'll start with day 1 today.

I accidentally rested yesterday, so I'm not resting today. I started my day out with 20 squats, 20 crunches, and 20 push ups.

Yesterday I ate an entire box of Christmas tree little Debbie's.

An entire box is 1,000 calories in case you wondered.

I have zero self control.....ZERO

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-12-07 18:16:20

At 12/7/18 12:21 PM, SevenSeize wrote:

I ate an entire box of mozzarella sticks last night. 2,200 calories. ; _ ;

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-12-07 18:20:31

At 12/7/18 06:16 PM, Fro wrote:
At 12/7/18 12:21 PM, SevenSeize wrote:
I ate an entire box of mozzarella sticks last night. 2,200 calories. ; _ ;

I didn't do that last night, but I have done that before.

*fist bump*

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-12-07 18:56:35

At 12/7/18 06:41 PM, Zymbot wrote: Used the Perfect Pushups three times today.

They're awesome.

Ok no joke---I need those

I have trouble with pushups.

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-12-10 22:29:52

So I’ve been slacking since around Thanksgiving! Think they call out the holiday stress binging...lol.

So far this year, I’ve lost over 25 pounds another though. I’ve tracked my calories every day for the year so far! I’ve managed to go the gym most weeks, excluding winter...where I’ve found cardio in other ways.

Now I’m learning how to cook low sodium recipes and make healthy alternatives! I want to lose another 20 pounds at least mext year and I want to continue to shed those pounds this year!

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-12-10 23:15:14

At 12/10/18 10:29 PM, Alias wrote: So I’ve been slacking since around Thanksgiving! Think they call out the holiday stress binging...lol.

Girrrlll same

I'm fighting desperately to get back to it

Food is everywhere!

So far this year, I’ve lost over 25 pounds another though. I’ve tracked my calories every day for the year so far! I’ve managed to go the gym most weeks, excluding winter...where I’ve found cardio in other ways.

Same! * fist bump*

Now I’m learning how to cook low sodium recipes and make healthy alternatives! I want to lose another 20 pounds at least mext year and I want to continue to shed those pounds this year!

I need to get another 30 off

My sodium is usually low, my endocrinologist tells me to eat extra sodium

But I need to cut out sugar!

BBS Signature

Response to The Work Out Thread 2018-12-10 23:24:58

At 12/10/18 11:23 PM, Zymbot wrote: Had a doctor's appointment today.

My blood pressure has improved dramatically since last month, and my blood test came back immaculate.

Doctor said I'm more healthy than most she sees.

You usually eat healthy though, when I see you posting in the last thing I ate thread, I always think, "he's so disciplined" as I eat 2 chili dogs.

Kudos though man!

BBS Signature