00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds angist

505 Views | 18 Replies

Newgrounds angist 2018-08-12 13:19:57

When it comes to Newgrounds do you guys think it attracts teenagers with teen angist, and if you guys think so what is the reasoning of why you think that.

also did you guys join when you were teenagers if so what's your best memory of the website? I feel a lot of people still use the site out of nostalgia, I know I do, I will always come back to this site even if new sites come out in the future.

;)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-12 13:28:24

I started coming here when I was 15 years old and I hated everyone.

Now I'm 34..... and I still hate everyone.

So...
Maybe?

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-12 15:32:02

At 8/12/18 01:28 PM, HeadMistressSeven wrote: I started coming here when I was 15 years old and I hated everyone.

So...
Maybe?

I've seen your posts. You hate no one. J'accuse!

"We must fight against the machines"-The Ninja Society of Newgrounds | Join me in worship!

Name sig by Decky, Gods sig by Jackho

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-12 15:41:58

At 8/12/18 03:32 PM, Thegamingtrickster wrote:
At 8/12/18 01:28 PM, HeadMistressSeven wrote: I started coming here when I was 15 years old and I hated everyone.

So...
Maybe?
I've seen your posts. You hate no one. J'accuse!

Shhhhhhhhh

Some of them I might have fooled......

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-12 16:18:45

Some of them I might have fooled......

why you gotta fool strangers on the interwebs

;)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-12 16:26:00

From what I've heard it actually did alot back then. Which makes sense because the 2000's was the age of the angsty boi.

Newgrounds angist

I turn water into water

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-12 17:51:01

Maybe in the past it might've been but all I hear about this site now is how it's one of the last bastions of hope for art and animation.

Oh how things have changed

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-12 18:29:41

At 8/12/18 01:19 PM, legomarios wrote: angist

I hate to be that guy, but...

*angst.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-12 18:49:02

This, only 26 instead of 34...

DDDDUUUURRRR

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-12 19:15:26

I dunno. I first came here just cuz it was a place to play games while I was in school.

At 8/12/18 06:29 PM, ChristianMalice wrote:
I hate to be that guy, but...

*angst.

Thank you for being that guy

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-13 05:16:39

So...
Maybe?

Same story here, except for the ages.

Newgrounds has given me a home.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-13 08:37:52

I find that the community is really nice to talk to and is super chill

;)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-13 11:24:59

So...
Maybe?

Same.

Maybe NG was really just the first safe space people were able to express their justified yet understandably repressed feeling of misanthropy.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-13 11:40:11

At 8/12/18 01:19 PM, legomarios wrote: When it comes to Newgrounds do you guys think it attracts teenagers with teen angist, and if you guys think so what is the reasoning of why you think that.

I like to think of NG as a place where someone with angst can go and find community but I've grown really tired of people coming here and being angsty, ya know? Like don't shit where you eat. We're all here because we don't like something about the world outside, we enjoy original / subversive animation, games, art, music... But I don't like people coming here to be shitty to the other people here.

I think this was a big problem in the early years and has become much better with time. There's way more drama on other social platforms nowadays and the lack of drama on NG probably hurts us traffic-wise (less reason to check the site constantly when you aren't following drama) but I think we're a better model for the future.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-13 13:58:16 (edited 2018-08-13 13:59:34)

I can understand that having people start drama and creating a negative image for the site. I'm glad to see people from the community that are nice stayed that to me is definitely clearing the name from the early to mid 2000s. and what other website can you to talk to a creator that's really chill, very little. just happy to be apart of this amazing website.

;)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-14 18:27:26 (edited 2018-08-14 18:29:31)

At 8/13/18 11:40 AM, TomFulp wrote: There's way more drama on other social platforms nowadays and the lack of drama on NG probably hurts us traffic-wise

That's why crews need to make a comeback so we can have gangwars and shit, Twitter beef ain't shit in comparison. Maybe do something like Pokemon Go where when you sign up for Newgrounds you choose some legion arbitrarily depending on what colors you like better.

sicko mode

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-14 18:52:21

That's why crews need to make a comeback so we can have gangwars and shit, Twitter beef ain't shit in comparison. Maybe do something like Pokemon Go where when you sign up for Newgrounds you choose some legion arbitrarily depending on what colors you like better.

I mean it would be good for collabs and stuff if crews came back.

;)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-15 08:47:43

At 8/14/18 06:27 PM, ninjamuffin99 wrote:
At 8/13/18 11:40 AM, TomFulp wrote: There's way more drama on other social platforms nowadays and the lack of drama on NG probably hurts us traffic-wise

We actually have had long-term plans for Crews, starting out as a sort of Groups system for NG but with some novel ideas that would be really fun if we ever implemented them.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds angist 2018-08-15 12:18:25

At 8/12/18 05:51 PM, GallowJolt wrote: Maybe in the past it might've been but all I hear about this site now is how it's one of the last bastions of hope for art and animation.

Oh how things have changed

Yeah, I think it's funny that. In the early 2000's this place was known for being full of angry peopple, Newgrounds developed a reputation for being a place of violence. Nowadays some people may still harbour this image, but they don't bother visiting.

I first came here when I was 7, made an account in 2010 I think, but I had forgotten the password, so I made this one in 2015. It's been 10 years here and things just get better on that regard. I mean, there is very little violent content and the jokes and memes arround here are of good quality, you don't see all of those other shitty memes from the rest of the internet arround here, and people that post something making a joke put up a lot more work then just distorting an image on Photoshop.

It all makes me think how something like Madness would have fared today, I mean, how often do you see ultra-violent content make into the most popular now? Not much often really, when Madness was created the community still enjoyed all this (and I did when I discovered Madness, 'cus I was an angsty teen), but now not much anymore.

The Original Hip Cat

{Be Rational} {You've been...}