00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How can I improve

354 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How can I improve 2018-05-07 09:33:04

Hello I have been drawing for awhile in the manga/anime style and am now trying to move to a more semi-realistic style... I have had 4 attempts at it and I am finding it rather tricky. Can somone please give me tips on how to improve my art work?

I practice everyday and watch and follow tutorials online... I am told that I am good for my age but I want to be better...

The image included is of my 4th attempt at semi-realistic drawing.

How can I improve

Response to How can I improve 2018-05-07 10:19:52

The best I can tell you is draw with a reference and draw various things. I know still lifes are very boring but I can tell you they help.

Find ways to make challenges to yourself. Draw a pose you've never done for example.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to How can I improve 2018-05-10 14:28:41

At 5/7/18 10:19 AM, Spedmallet wrote: The best I can tell you is draw with a reference and draw various things. I know still lifes are very boring but I can tell you they help.

Find ways to make challenges to yourself. Draw a pose you've never done for example.

Thanks

Response to How can I improve 2018-05-10 19:30:42

At 5/7/18 09:33 AM, HraMunro wrote: Hello I have been drawing for awhile in the manga/anime style and am now trying to move to a more semi-realistic style... I have had 4 attempts at it and I am finding it rather tricky. Can somone please give me tips on how to improve my art work?

I practice everyday and watch and follow tutorials online... I am told that I am good for my age but I want to be better...

The image included is of my 4th attempt at semi-realistic drawing.
from the noob artist hersalf,

I've tried yt videos too, but recently, I've found that drawing from a real life model will help. I do it all the time, so I suggest getting a friend or family member to model for you (since those are the people you see all the time, you will remember all their features better.) Try studying anatomy. You don't have to take an actual class, but just google images of the human body, or anatomy of the human body (or whatever anatomy of any life organism you want to practice drawing. Getting under the skin of the model can help you understand and better visualize what the body is supposed to look like. Don't worry about mistakes, you can always look back on those after you create your masterpieces ;)

I like your artwork! I also came from drawing anime, and am working to get a better style than the one I had before.

lol soz if you already knew all this XD

Response to How can I improve 2018-05-28 06:39:44

Thanks for the advice!