00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AidenGanzer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

learning c#

1,469 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

learning c# 2018-04-17 23:16:00

anyone know a place where i can learn c# in order to start coding and making games in unity ?

Response to learning c# 2018-04-18 13:38:31

At 4/17/18 11:16 PM, zumokiworks335 wrote: anyone know a place where i can learn c# in order to start coding and making games in unity ?

Unity docs are always a place to start, and Microsoft's C# documentation isn't too shabby either. I use the latter in my everyday work whenever I have a question about the language.

To get started with Unity specifically, though, you can basically just google any number of tutorials, stack overflow answers, among other things to guide you along.

Response to learning c# 2018-04-18 16:56:10

well i hope this helps other wise im just going to have to stick to the idea of doing art for people instead...

which doesn't sound bad except i hear people won't just collabarate with you if you don't have an idea of what your going for... although collabarating with someone to make a game still sounds pretty cool

learning c#

Response to learning c# 2018-05-14 12:52:17

Unity tutorials is very nice.
Start with simple projects such as roll-a-ball, survival shooter, space shooter...
You will learn basics of writing C# scripts for unity, how to use Unity and coding standards in Unity.
After some of these tutorials, you should be able to create your own short game and it probably won't be really good but it's still a game!
If you have any money to spare ($10+) you could also buy a course on Udemy, they are pretty good and effective and they kinda force you to learn because you don't want to feel like you wasted money.

Good luck!

Response to learning c# 2018-05-29 17:51:18

This is a three year old video, but it's pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSiIHe2uZ2w

To be honest, I haven't watched the video, but it's by Brackeys - so it must be good!

Response to learning c# 2018-07-29 07:01:28

At 4/17/18 11:16 PM, zumokiworks335 wrote: anyone know a place where i can learn c# in order to start coding and making games in unity ?

What is your background ie. what do you already know language wise?

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to learning c# 2019-03-05 19:51:03

im kinda late but i started with this tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlKaB1etrik

its pretty good for starting