00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

dweebi just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

A Dangerous Cult in Texas

339 Views | 7 Replies

A Dangerous Cult in Texas 2018-04-03 18:36:21

There is a "Christian" cult in Wells, Texas named "The Church of Wells" that are going around the U.S. trying to lure the young and vunerable into their cult. This cult believes that you must abandon your family if you want to be a Christian, eat food from a garbage can to emulate the life Christ lived and pray for the death and damnation of anyone outside the cult. Also the adults in the cult beat their babies for crying and threaten hell on their children. The women are abused as well. Recently, a man who left the church said that he was drugged by the church's leaders though the leaders do not believe in most modern medicine. Many other ex-members said they were verbally and emotionally abused by the three elders and forced to fast excessively without any food or water causing them to lose a lot of weight or become fatigue. Also, a young woman from Arkansas named Catherine Grove has been in the church for over three years and she once left for a little while and then went right back to the church probably out of fear and tried to escape again but the elders put so much fear in her that it is hard for her to escape.

What is even worse is that the local authorities, Child Protective Services and the FBI are doing nothing about this. The people in this cult are in a very dangerous situation and something really bad is going to go down in there. It angers me that these people who are suppose to keep our country safe are not doing anything.

The elders go all throughout the country trying to lure people. They even have a branch of their church named "The Church of Brisbane" in Australia where the members do the same stuff as their American associates. These people need to be stopped and the members need to be rescued from there and taken to safety. Please spread the word about this.

References:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kvue.com/amp/article%3fsection=news&subsection=local&headline=people-were-so-surprised-we-got-him-back-family-describes-sons-experience-in-presumed-tx-cult&contentId=269-533696822

http://exposingthechurchofwells.com/home-page/blog-page/

http://exposingthechurchofwells.com/2017/07/10/catherine-grove-attempts-escape-2016/

"Get busy living or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne -The Shawshank Redemption

Response to A Dangerous Cult in Texas 2018-04-03 20:02:30

At 4/3/18 08:00 PM, Hoodie wrote: Just don't believe in religion dude

You don't choose your beliefs:

Your beliefs choose you...

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to A Dangerous Cult in Texas 2018-04-03 20:13:43

At 4/3/18 08:00 PM, Hoodie wrote: Just don't believe in religion dude

This advice doesn't work if your parents are in some religion and force that shit on you, like pretty much all religious parents ever.

Imagine some kids that are in some cult, who don't themselves believe in any of that crap, but it's forced on them because of their parents.

Sure, you can escape that stuff when you're older at some point, but people in cults will always try to make life hell for anyone that leaves, even those who were born into it and never decided to be involved in that shit but it was forced on them from day one.

Also there are various religious cults all over the US and probably in every state, and not just whatever this particular cult is. There are literal compounds where people give up all their possessions to live on some compound with some religious wackos. They're actually quite creepy when you drive by those places and you don't tend to know about them unless you're a local and then it's like "yeah that place is some cult compound". Middle of nowhere.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Seriously everyone. This cult goes everywhere trying to lure people in. So since they go throughout the United States evangelizing to everyone they see, none of us are safe. Quite a bit of people were visited by these folks on college campuses and other public areas. I'm afraid they may come around where I live and try to ensnare me and the people I know. Therefore, it is important to share this information with everyone. They are among one of the most agressive and active cults in America.

Response to A Dangerous Cult in Texas 2018-04-03 21:02:44

At 4/3/18 08:28 PM, sirleibl wrote: Seriously everyone. This cult goes everywhere trying to lure people in. So since they go throughout the United States evangelizing to everyone they see, none of us are safe. Quite a bit of people were visited by these folks on college campuses and other public areas. I'm afraid they may come around where I live and try to ensnare me and the people I know. Therefore, it is important to share this information with everyone. They are among one of the most agressive and active cults in America.

One, you know they're a cult.

Two, presumably you're not a present nor former member of that cult, so it's not like you were born into it.

So why in the world would you choose to join? lol.

And yeah there's plenty of weird churches and cults and whatnot on college campuses. Know what you do? You research it (if interested to know how they operate or what their beliefs are) but do not join.

Also if there isn't public information on them but you can only get "insight" by joining and moving up through the ranks, that's also a bad sign. Avoid.

We have this problem in America where religions get all kinds of exemptions for things. Things which would be illegal for anyone else but "it's my religion" and suddenly legal. That right there is why there are so many cults and new religious movements in America, as compared to just about anywhere else in the world.

To be fair, Korea (both South and North) and India also have their share of religious cults. Probably other countries do as well.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to A Dangerous Cult in Texas 2018-04-03 21:11:11

One, you know they're a cult.

Two, presumably you're not a present nor former member of that cult, so it's not like you were born into it.

So why in the world would you choose to join? lol.

And yeah there's plenty of weird churches and cults and whatnot on college campuses. Know what you do? You research it (if interested to know how they operate or what their beliefs are) but do not join.

I get what you are trying to say but just like I said in my original post, there are many people who are young and vunerable. The elders of the cult use tactics which convinces people to join. For example you have a person who is stressed and anxious and is still trying to find meaning in his/her life. Then these people come and convince him/her to join them. He/she thinks these people are good so he/she joins them and that is when the elders reveal their true colors. Many people out there can be easily sucked into things like this.

call me a bad person, but i just dgaf.

the law will do stuff, or it won't.

don't join a cult, or do. i dgaf.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to A Dangerous Cult in Texas 2018-04-04 06:54:34

We should totally retaliate with an Odinist cult.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature