00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Looking for affordable pixel art :)

484 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hey folks :)

Anyone can share some hints on where to find newly hireable/young/inexperienced yet talented pixel artists that are willing to create assets for a 2D game for at an affordable price?

A friend and I are working on a small, hobby project that's near completion but we're mostly using royalty free online-available tilesets and sprites. Not super ideal since they scream "free RPG maker game".

We have a little bit of money set aside to have a tileset and sprites made, but we can't really afford the current going rate for pixel art, yet we're not looking for super experienced and super high quality stuff either. We're OK with decent, since like I said, it's a hobby project.

If it generates any revenue, we'll up our budget and re-hire the artist to have more/improved stuff done.

Any hints on where to look? My friend suggested Newgrounds and while I haven't been on here since my teen years, I remembered this place being chockful of talent, so I figured it was worth a shot :D

Response to Looking for affordable pixel art :) 2018-03-25 11:52:00

At 3/24/18 12:14 PM, BattlerIO wrote: Any hints on where to look? My friend suggested Newgrounds and while I haven't been on here since my teen years, I remembered this place being chockful of talent, so I figured it was worth a shot :D

Spot on buddy. Try the Collabinate page too, it may help. Mostly just be proactive and contact the people you want. Private messages work better than posts. Just go to em, don't wait for em.

peskytarian

BBS Signature

Response to Looking for affordable pixel art :) 2018-03-25 13:23:10

That said, I'd be willing to help out at whatever price you deem reasonable.

(that is to say if you actually liked whatever I made for you)

Response to Looking for affordable pixel art :) 2018-03-25 22:13:22

At 3/25/18 01:23 PM, FlyingDecimal wrote: That said, I'd be willing to help out at whatever price you deem reasonable.

(that is to say if you actually liked whatever I made for you)

Hey, you have a portfolio?

Response to Looking for affordable pixel art :) 2018-03-25 23:22:55

At 3/25/18 10:13 PM, BattlerIO wrote: Hey, you have a portfolio?

Not particularly...as far as anything documented I have a sketch book with a few drawings I've made for other people (I'll link you a PM with that I suppose). Also, I can't exactly say I've ever done pixel art BUT I'm willing to do this for fairly cheap, free even. Also also, since I'm new at this style I'd like to ask you to have me do a single sprite. If you like it, sweet, if not, then we just mozie on down our marry ways.

Response to Looking for affordable pixel art :) 2018-03-27 21:01:52

So has the job been filled?

Response to Looking for affordable pixel art :) 2018-06-29 07:47:16

Price range? I'm happy to do it cheap.

Looking for affordable pixel art :)