00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

writing/collaborating on newgrounds

280 Views | 1 Reply
New Topic Respond to this Topic

hello, my name is jon prime.

i've been writing for a long time but i've only recently started to make games and put my writing out there for mass consumption. i very much enjoy creating and writing. i tried to get involved with people on itch but it's not as community focused as newgrounds and is also much smaller. i also think that i don't have a very good sample of my work available for people to see to judge my abilities. right now the only sample i have is my twine game "Birthday Simulator" (here's a link: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/706984 ). while i'm proud of this game for what it is, i know it's not for everyone, as shown by its low rating. do writers put together portfolios of their work the same way voice actors do voice reels? if so, what kind of stuff goes into a portfolio and how long should it be? i don't think or know if writing can be judged the same way as a voice because so much of craft and storytelling and worldbuilding and dialogue takes time to take in.

regardless, i want to be more involved with a writing community and i figured newgrounds would be a good place to do that. are there any tips for collaborating with others and finding a project? i don't want to be super aggressive or cavalier about things, but i also don't want to try to be too cool and miss out on working on interesting projects.

ciao,
jon prime

Response to writing/collaborating on newgrounds 2018-02-27 03:22:04

Writing is, and should be, judged differently from other parts of production. Portfolios should be enormous. It's good to showcase what you can do, across genres and styles, many times over.