00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game content blackout 2018-02-25 01:07:42

Rrecently while trying to play games from my favorite user the game window goes black except where the mouse isoverwhen I hover the mouse over content that you can interact with in the game. this also seems to occur in the previous version of the game now too though it did not before. Also the search bar along with other icons at the top on these pages seem to follow me when I scroll down staying at the top of the screen istead of the page. the games are episode 30, and 31 of pussymon. I have Safari 5.0 on Linux it is a smart tv

Response to Game content blackout 2018-02-25 15:06:48

Geeze that's going to be a real doozy. Generally Smart TVs or Smart anything are a bad idea. Just use a traditional computer, either desktop or laptop your choice.

I mean okay Smart TV, so we have something that's always going to be vulnerable and running outdated software and which you can't easily upgrade, except whenever the company that created the Smart TV feels like pushing some forced upgrades through. Expect all software to be very old and very vulnerable versions before long.

Then you're using Safari browser? That's well-known to be one of the worst browsers right up there with Internet Explorer. Even people who use Macs typically don't stick with Safari as they get fed up with it and install and use something better, like Firefox or literally anything else (except Internet Explorer).

And Safari doesn't even exist for Linux on desktop computers that I'm aware of, but maybe that's different on a Smart TV. Regardless that's not something you want to be using.

Yeah I just really don't see this getting fixed.

Linux? Cool. I use that. Smart TV? There's your problem. Safari? There's your double-whammy.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Game content blackout 2018-02-25 23:35:47

Thank you it was bad enough I learned from Samsung this moddel is not programed for keyboard interactiion with games so I am lmited to games controled by mouse

Response to Game content blackout 2018-02-26 23:46:44

Update on problem I just cheked out episode 30 on another website and there is no problem so it must be something different with Newgrounds between relase date of pussymon episode 30, and 31

Response to Game content blackout 2018-03-10 00:15:09

https://aboutmybrowser.com/1Ueyq-2V sorry this is not a link I can not copy so I have to . do this manually. whenever I have a problem with a game it is the same on every site for that game but not . with this problem instead it is the same problem with every game page on Newgrounds.

Response to Game content blackout 2018-03-10 17:22:59

At 3/10/18 12:15 AM, seventhdestiny wrote: https://aboutmybrowser.com/1Ueyq-2V sorry this is not a link I can not copy so I have to . do this manually. whenever I have a problem with a game it is the same on every site for that game but not . with this problem instead it is the same problem with every game page on Newgrounds.

It seems your version of Flash is 10.1.105 , although the latest one is 28.0.0.161... version 10 came out in 2010.

Could this have anything to do with: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10_tve.html ?

Seems like the software you're running might be really out of date.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Game content blackout 2018-03-13 00:11:44 (edited 2018-03-13 00:17:10)

At 3/10/18 05:22 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 3/10/18 12:15 AM, seventhdestiny wrote: https://aboutmybrowser.com/1Ueyq-2V sorry this is not a link I can not copy so I have to . do this manually. whenever I have a problem with a game it is the same on every site for that game but not . with this problem instead it is the same problem with every game page on Newgrounds.
It seems your version of Flash is 10.1.105 , although the latest one is 28.0.0.161... version 10 came out in 2010.

Could this have anything to do with: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10_tve.html ?

Seems like the software you're running might be really out of date.

the same games work fine on other websites so this rules out my player being outdated for the games even though it is not the latest. unless there has been a change to newgrounds involving flashplayers

Response to Game content blackout 2018-03-13 07:49:24 (edited 2018-03-13 07:52:34)

At 3/13/18 12:11 AM, seventhdestiny wrote: the same games work fine on other websites so this rules out my player being outdated for the games even though it is not the latest. unless there has been a change to newgrounds involving flashplayers

I don't know if NG has any limitation regarding the plugin version (does seem unlikely), though generally with that outdated software I'd expect to run into some issues. Not to mention security issues. If there's any chance you'd be able to upgrade the software you use I'd really recommend that - even it's not directly related. Maybe it'd solve this is a bonus.

Regarding comparability I know a lot of games are aimed at one particular Flash Player version or higher (sometimes they even run into comparability issues because they're accounting for lower versions than the newest one, but that's rare these days). If these games you mention are hosted on cheat sites elsewhere they could have bypassed such limitations, so they work there but not here... or, as your browser is a bit outdated as well, maybe it's simply website technology that Safari 5.0 can't handle. Not sure what that'd be but... if an upgrade's possible that'd be great either way.

Not sure what else to advice...

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature