00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OzoneOverdose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us!

1,458 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

NGAPA15, what does it mean? It's the "Newgrounds' 15th Audio Portal Anniversary" and I'll tell you what it means. We're celebrating the Audio Portal's 15th birthday with an audio drama and you can be part of it! This super-collab kicked off with an amazing script and is now moving into its next phase. We invite anyone to join us on this experimental journey into sound design. All we we ask is that you have at least some basic recording knowledge and a decent bag of tricks you may use to create or manipulate sound.

Now, I should mention this collab is pretty huge and in order to make sure that this SFX collab won't turn into a giant mess, I've made sure to prepare SFX "roles" beforehand. I did this to make sure the protagonist's footsteps will always sound the same, but this may also apply to a character's robotic limbs or the sound of someone's doorbell. We want to stay consistent in our sound!

But these roles can wait until a later stage of the project. For now we will be focusing on trivial noises. A walkie talking switching on, organs and blood hitting the pavement, a trashcan catching on fire. You name it, we've got it!

-

Rules:
* Don't steal sound! You are only allowed to heavily edit other people's work so as to create a completely new sound. Some audio is allowed (such as war noises or historical figures giving a speech), as well as anything that finds its roots on Newgrounds. When in doubt, just ask.
* For recorded audio, we don't accept anything that pops the microphone (caused by wind or otherwise), or gets so loud it starts clipping. We also ask that your recordings are free of noise (static or otherwise), unless of course they are supposed to be.
* We recommend you export/record your samples at 24bit and 48khz, our production team would really appreciate it! The threshold is 16bit and 44.1khz. Anything below it will definitely not be permitted. Just upload the files, send them over to me and I'll make sure they end up where they belong. You will of course be credited.
* Have fun!
* Get creative.
* The sky is the limit.

-

We'll be working side-by-side with these guys:
Script Writers, Voice Actors, Musicians / Lyricists, Production

And here's a shoutout to everyone who signed up for SFX so far:
@1f1n1ty, @Azhthar, @Ceevro, @Ectisity, @EverReverb, @SnowTeddy, @SourJovis

-

Soon I will post the first batch of sounds. Come and join us if you will! Hope to hear from you soon!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-02-03 10:58:40

All right then, here's a list of sound effects we can start working on. Please post in this thread if there's sound effects you want to claim as your own. That way we can prevent that people will start working on the same thing.

I will be updating this list as often as I can. That is to say, I will add or remove SFX as we continue.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-02-04 14:56:05

ey sfx team

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-02-04 19:02:07

At 2/4/18 02:56 PM, 1f1n1ty wrote: ey sfx team

Hey man, welcome to the thread! Let's hope the others trickle in soon. If you want you can go through the list and claim a couple of sound effects you'd like to work on.

BBS Signature

Holy hell! I love sound design! I'm joining.
I'll take this one:
"Several audio files of punching hitting someone in the face."

BBS Signature

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-02-05 11:22:56

At 2/5/18 06:27 AM, CzySzy wrote: Holy hell! I love sound design! I'm joining.
I'll take this one:
"Several audio files of punching hitting someone in the face."

Welcome aboard CzySzy, the part is yours.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-02-05 11:54:39

Done! Check your inbox.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-02-05 13:10:55

At 2/5/18 11:54 AM, CzySzy wrote: Done! Check your inbox.

Amazing work man! Thanks for the awesome contribution.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-02-13 16:53:12

Hello I am interested on becoming a part of this project
What are the terms
For example what we create remains the original owner of the sound created and is able to freely use the works in any other projects?

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-02-13 17:50:34

At 2/13/18 04:53 PM, calicrazedbeats wrote: Hello I am interested on becoming a part of this project
What are the terms
For example what we create remains the original owner of the sound created and is able to freely use the works in any other projects?

After creating SFX you can use it for anything you wish. It will always be your sample, we only borrow it for the project.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-02-13 23:45:50

Ok I am in.
How do we get started?

At 2/13/18 11:45 PM, calicrazedbeats wrote: Ok I am in.
How do we get started?

It's pretty simple! I prepared a list of sound effects which you can claim as your own. Right now it contains SFX from scenes 1 to 3. The full script will have about 67 scenes in variable lengths. As we progress, more sounds will be added.

Hmmm, come to think of it, it would be pretty nice if I could show a preview of what people have made so far.

BBS Signature

by when do we have to finish these sounds?
and where do we deliver the sounds?

At 2/14/18 04:07 PM, calicrazedbeats wrote: by when do we have to finish these sounds?
and where do we deliver the sounds?

Preferably you claim a sound within the same day you decide to work on it. If someone claims a sound and doesn't appear for a week, I'm likely going to pass it onto someone else. You can deliver the sounds by uploading it to a website of your choice and linking it to me through this thread or PM, whichever you like best.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-02-15 00:15:23

i was gonna say ill upload it to this site, but it only accepts mp3 lol

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-02-15 06:08:05

At 2/15/18 12:15 AM, calicrazedbeats wrote: i was gonna say ill upload it to this site, but it only accepts mp3 lol

If you're having trouble uploading your files you can always add them to .zip and it should be able to upload then.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-02-16 00:21:25

How many sounds need to be made?

At 2/16/18 12:21 AM, calicrazedbeats wrote: How many sounds need to be made?

It's a little tricky to count but I think there's about 80 total sound effects in scenes 1-8. This is not counting SFX roles (we won't be working on those until later), which would mount to 19 more sounds. That's a lot of work for a little group of people so I'm hoping more sound enthusiasts will jump in to help.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-03-26 16:39:25

I've decided that from now on I shall post previews of sound effects regularly. There's a lot of different ones so I have to pick and choose. Here's a taster:

https://instaud.io/1Xss

BBS Signature

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-03-27 17:50:54

Hey, I'm fresh out of a sound design course and ready to put the stuff I learned in practice.

I'll take the bomb dropping sounds and modern machinegun sounds.

So...Ummm...Well...

What the hell am I even doing here

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-03-27 18:27:04

At 3/27/18 05:50 PM, NeoHartless wrote: Hey, I'm fresh out of a sound design course and ready to put the stuff I learned in practice.

I'll take the bomb dropping sounds and modern machinegun sounds.

Sounds good, go ahead!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-04-21 04:54:44

Oh shit I forgot to mention it here, if I could start off with the match striking sound that would be sweeet!

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-04-21 04:56:50

At 4/21/18 04:54 AM, opspotty wrote: Oh shit I forgot to mention it here, if I could start off with the match striking sound that would be sweeet!

Go for it!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-04-23 03:00:30

I'll take the liberty to claim the stabbing sounds. I bought a watermelon this week and I intend to use it.

So...Ummm...Well...

What the hell am I even doing here

Response to NGAPA15 - SFX: Collab With Us! 2018-04-23 06:25:04

At 4/23/18 03:00 AM, NeoHartless wrote: I'll take the liberty to claim the stabbing sounds. I bought a watermelon this week and I intend to use it.

Haha nice! Enjoy that watermelon and good luck with the recording!

BBS Signature