00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

"Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM!

42,228 Views | 576 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 17:41:11

So, while I don't have much in this progress picture (yes, i have also posted this on Twitter) I worked in blocks back and forth between the two characters and goddamn, this piece was a challenege and a half, especially with trying to pick the right colopurs to work with everything.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 17:55:48

I tagged mine as b-colorofloss but when I search the tag, nothing shows up? Does it only show other people's submissions and not your own? someone check it's there for me please!

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 17:56:00

this is basically the colours of mine.gonna add shading obviously. i'm also gonna try to desaturate most of it and make them all more cooler colours bar the ghost. also. i don't know how to draw glow properly yet but hopefully i can fix that

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 17:58:00

At 1/5/18 04:58 PM, OnlyFoolsFallForYou wrote: First time doing one of Jazza's challenges. Good luck everyone.

Same. I initially only 'acquired' photoshop to attempt his photoshop me challenge but found it too advanced and never got round to it so decided this would be a good start, my hand drawing skills are pants but i feel like I have a good 'ideas' brain so being able to put an idea into practice without shitty linework is great heh. Good luck!

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 17:59:34

At 1/5/18 05:56 PM, Kira-GodOfSarcasm wrote: this is basically the colours of mine.gonna add shading obviously. i'm also gonna try to desaturate most of it and make them all more cooler colours bar the ghost. also. i don't know how to draw glow properly yet but hopefully i can fix that

I went for a similar idea. I didn't think it'd be as original as i'd hoped but nvm, good luck :) lookin' good!

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 18:14:37

At 1/5/18 05:58 PM, fragginaardvark wrote:
At 1/5/18 04:58 PM, OnlyFoolsFallForYou wrote: First time doing one of Jazza's challenges. Good luck everyone.
Same. I initially only 'acquired' photoshop to attempt his photoshop me challenge but found it too advanced and never got round to it so decided this would be a good start, my hand drawing skills are pants but i feel like I have a good 'ideas' brain so being able to put an idea into practice without shitty linework is great heh. Good luck!

Thanks. I'm one of those people who have wanted to do one of his COTMs but I never actually did it till now.

Anyone wanna tell me what I'm doing wrong and why my submission isn't showing please? :-/

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 18:18:55

Here is my WiP for the contest! What do you all think? This is my first time doing anything like this.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 18:24:24

At 1/4/18 11:08 AM, Reljus wrote: "Let the linework die. Kill it....if you have to." Ben Swolo

I love it :D Even though your slowly removing the Linework which he technically said not to do, you can still tell where everything is and where it goes thanks to all the shading and Detail, cant wait to see it finished :D

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 18:27:00

At 1/4/18 07:25 PM, fantaesic wrote: My WIP photo of my entry

Also your opinions would be nice <3
#COLOROFLOSS

Looks Amazing :O The Shading and Lighting Works Perfectly , Keep it up :D

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 18:33:06

Made a lot of progress today! Starting to be happy with what it's becoming,
Any feedback at all would be helpful!

Hi to everyone,

this is my wip for the actual cotm.

What do you think?

The ghost comes to take the man away - to "save" him - in front of the next explosion.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 20:16:13

Here is my finished product

The link to the mid production: (a82ef54f-63ec-4c8c-9cbb-8.jpg)

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 20:27:15

At 1/5/18 08:16 PM, FluffsAteRyanK wrote: Here is my finished product

Sorry, but theres no working link...
And for the final entry - you have to rotate your art - otherwise you are out of the cotm.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 20:44:59

At 1/5/18 08:16 PM, FluffsAteRyanK wrote: Here is my finished product

upload your photo through Paint on your computer rotate photo and then Re upload it.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 21:20:00

New version. Any opinions?

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 21:25:31

At 1/5/18 06:33 PM, Eurns wrote: Made a lot of progress today! Starting to be happy with what it's becoming,
Any feedback at all would be helpful!

To me it seems like the lady has quite a bit of blue to her. maybe you can make adjustments to the outfit or something like that. However it looks very nice.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 21:44:06

This is my WIP of the flat color so far

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 22:01:20

I don't know how to do back grounds very well, if anyone has any suggestions for mince please leave them!

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 22:47:12

Here's my first WIP with just the ghost flat colored.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 22:55:48

Hello Everybody, this is my first time participating in a challenge like this and also using Newsgrounds for the first time. At the moment this is just a WIP, it is possible for the color palette to change as I've just finished laying down the basics. Can someone please tell where the final entry should be posted or where to exactly read how to do it? Thank you in advance :)

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 23:43:03

At 1/5/18 04:37 PM, Saganowski wrote:
At 1/5/18 04:14 PM, CalienteDamaArt wrote: Lol I am going to be changing the background completely and have more work to do on the flowers and foreground but I wanted to ask if anyone had any opinions on the idea that I just explained lol
I really like yout idea, but to me it looks like he is a robot or something, too metal looking.

thank you! I think I am going to knock back the highlights and change the colour to a more purply hue and see how that goes!

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 23:43:12

Here is my first WIP for now, just laying out the base colors and mood before I start shading/painting!

I want to portray that loss doesn't always have to be dark, cold and somber. I want to show that there can be beauty and warmth found in death.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-05 23:43:46

That is bizarre because I was going to go for the EXACT same thing as you! But I don’t know how to pull it off so I might just leave it haha. It’s kind of hard to make your entry stick out when you’re all working from the same line art!

oh haha yeah it is hard to pull off! Im sure you will come up with an awesome idea!

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-06 03:32:08

Just been working in photoshop on the sky and smoke. It'll take me a bit longer to render, but I think it's going pretty well /o/

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-06 06:02:53

Heres my WIP

This is my drawing so far. I really enjoy coloring it. It already took like 4 or 5 hours. XD (and how did the photo end op upside down??) Does anyone know how to turn your photo into a link?? When your creation is finished you’ve to put a link of your wip in the description of your final entry.... does anyone know how to do that? I’m using an iPad by the way.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-06 06:28:33

welp, this has been fun and frustrating at the same time, but in the end I'm pretty proud of what I ended up with.
I'm still confused about whether or not we're allowed to colour the lineart, if we're not, someone please tell me so I don't get disqualified,,
This will be my first time entering the open category, I'm 17 years old and have been doing art for a little over a year.
good luck to everyone else!

At 1/6/18 06:28 AM, set0k4ib4 wrote: welp, this has been fun and frustrating at the same time, but in the end I'm pretty proud of what I ended up with.
I'm still confused about whether or not we're allowed to colour the lineart, if we're not, someone please tell me so I don't get disqualified,,
This will be my first time entering the open category, I'm 17 years old and have been doing art for a little over a year.
good luck to everyone else!

I believe you are allowed to change the color of the lines, as long as you don’t erase or change the direction of any of the lines.

Response to "Color of Loss" Coloring-in COTM! 2018-01-06 07:25:01

At 1/6/18 07:07 AM, Ianthe wrote: I believe you are allowed to change the color of the lines, as long as you don’t erase or change the direction of any of the lines.

oh good, that means I'm safe
Thanks for telling me dude