00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MidnightsCalm just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Getting Gamecube Hooked Up?

484 Views | 9 Replies

Getting Gamecube Hooked Up? 2017-12-31 13:26:35

So, my wife recently got her hands on a copy of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for the Gamecube, and was super hyped to play it, but our current TV doesn't have an S-Video input slot on it. It's got the right hookups for the Wii and PS2, those three cables (2 audio, 1 video), so I was wondering if there was any way to get the S-Video component adapted to the video input for the 3 cable setup.

It'd be a lot easier to Google if I knew what the name of that three cable format is called, but everything I'm finding is super vague an I'm not sure which ones are the ones I have. XP

You guys know any reliable ways to get S-Video onto a TV without an S-video input slot?

Response to Getting Gamecube Hooked Up? 2017-12-31 17:44:38

I have a couple S-video to composite adapters at home. Maybe you could try getting one at an electronics or computer store.

Otherwise you could buy a proper composite or component cable for your GameCube.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Gamecube Hooked Up? 2017-12-31 19:59:57

my wii plays gamecube games, and depending on the model so should yours.
there's even space to fit 4 gamecube controllers on the top of the machine.

Response to Getting Gamecube Hooked Up? 2018-01-01 15:03:43

At 12/31/17 07:59 PM, kylexthexpostman wrote: my wii plays gamecube games, and depending on the model so should yours.

Nah, it's one of the first generation Wii's that didn't have backwards compatibility. XP

Response to Getting Gamecube Hooked Up? 2018-01-01 15:23:06

At 1/1/18 03:03 PM, Timsplosion wrote:
At 12/31/17 07:59 PM, kylexthexpostman wrote: my wii plays gamecube games, and depending on the model so should yours.
Nah, it's one of the first generation Wii's that didn't have backwards compatibility. XP

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I should have known

Response to Getting Gamecube Hooked Up? 2018-01-01 18:20:41

Hopefully this helps.

S video to component cable

Response to Getting Gamecube Hooked Up? 2018-01-03 07:32:02

I actually didn't know people still play game cube but I guess you learn something new everyday, oh the memories of my good ol game cube playing days.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Gamecube Hooked Up? 2018-01-04 06:50:02

Looks like the correct adapter has been found; problem solved...?

At 1/3/18 07:32 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: I actually didn't know people still play game cube but I guess you learn something new everyday, oh the memories of my good ol game cube playing days.

As the only console with not only the Resident Evil 0 exclusive, but the original fourth and the remakes on the first three there's just no living without it. :P Though I haven't played them in ages now...

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Gamecube Hooked Up? 2018-01-06 19:10:37

i still have my gamecube but went and bought a used wii just in case the gc took a shit. plus the wii upscales a lil bit...i love me some tales of symphonia

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to Getting Gamecube Hooked Up? 2018-01-06 23:01:45

you dont need the S-video to play gamecube though...?

Noggleton is so cool lol

BBS Signature