00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rvillarreal123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Are present anime games shallow?

862 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Are present anime games shallow? 2017-12-26 00:36:30

Do you guys think that anime games have gotten shallow over the years with multiple Musou style and battle arena games, and also simplified combat?

there's about 30 anime-based RPG's in the playstation store, and they all seem to have very cookie cutter turn based combat. i don't understand the appeal of them, but they sell for $60 so somebody's buying them.

Newest track: Savant - Upbeat Melodic Metal - Frontpaged!

BBS Signature

Response to Are present anime games shallow? 2017-12-27 21:20:23

The vast majority, if not all of these games are targeted for only for fans, and they’re mostly made on a budget compared to the average AAA blockbuster game. Even with that, there are still a few standout games even among the many musou and battle arena games.

It’s not that much different than most of the movie based games in the past, though at the very least most modern anime games are at least playable and entertaining, if still disposable.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to Are present anime games shallow? 2017-12-28 16:55:17

The forces of evil have started to sabotage them. Of course they're shallow.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

Response to Are present anime games shallow? 2017-12-30 01:12:58

At 12/26/17 12:36 AM, Inferno-Leo wrote: Do you guys think that anime games have gotten shallow over the years with multiple Musou style and battle arena games, and also simplified combat?

There's serious styled anime games out there that many people like, but I find even the simple games made with gimmick combat systems like Akiba's Trip to be shallow but very intuitive and actually have more meaning than they put off. I don't invest much into anime games but when I do, the payoff is pretty worthwhile.