00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

14 Year Programmer Looking 4 Artist

462 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello,

I am looking for a 2D artist to start cranking out some games. I have 14 years experience with programming. Am employed as a Software Developer. I have a youtube tutorial channel for game design. I use GameMaker, Unity, and Godot. I have been doing hobby design for a long time, but my art skills are very lacking. It is really discouraging to spend hours of my time making art that just looks plain aweful. So I am looking for an artist to help me out in the department.

I have a few ideas for games. Style does not matter so much as long as you have a style. One of my ideas would employ a similar style to Altos Adventure. (Though a much different game). I do some 3D Modeling as well, but only low poly.

Anyway, if youre an artist and want to work with an experienced programmer you can contact me at laspencer@live.com

Here is my youtube channel and GIT:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmSLCkK6I5cONb-5N0v18Kw

https://github.com/laspencer91

At 12/25/17 12:10 AM, GloomyToad wrote: Hello,

Dude you don't need that much of artists! just one is enough and I assure you that I am all you need! specially that I have some really cool pixel art skills. you will not find anyone with that much pixel art skill in the entire planet! oh I forget to mention that I work for free as long as I benefit with some knowledge of how you come up with ideas and built up your games.

14 Year Programmer Looking 4 Artist

Response to 14 Year Programmer Looking 4 Artist 2017-12-26 22:29:37

What kind of workload commitment/completion timeline are you looking for? I am interested in getting back into digital game design (currently employed in the tabletop realm) but I do also have a full time job and 2 kids so I don't have a *lot* of time. I've been a hobbyist since I was 11 (26 now) and got a BFA degree in art, but went into writing as a profession instead. Basically I'm looking for something I can commit 0 to 10 hours to per week.

I am more experienced in 2D than 3D, but have mixed the two with reasonable success.
On the development end, I've dabbled in Game Maker, RPG Maker, Java, C#, BASIC, batch (yep.. batch) and Unity.

(>'-')>