00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

could you live here?

554 Views | 19 Replies

could you live in this very cold place?

could you live here?

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-09 15:40:32

At 12/9/17 03:37 PM, Zymbot wrote: Not cold enough for me.

hell no

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-11 15:36:43

At 12/9/17 01:07 PM, Dickbringer wrote: could you live in this very cold place?

yes ofcourse

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-12 05:32:19

Could? Yes. Would like to? Probably not. :/

Though I do wish our winters were a bit colder. Snow keeps melting over here. Somewhere around -10 would be perfect.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-12 09:47:22

At 12/12/17 08:39 AM, Quisty wrote: I live in Canada, and I've been up North. I think I could live there forever. I'd love it.

You wouldn't miss the warmth? The light? The sunshine? :O Melatonin and D-vitamins?

BBS Signature

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-12 12:25:49

Fuck no man, my fingers and balls would snap off from the cold air

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-12 12:42:57

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakutsk#Climate

At least they have summers that are comparable to what I'm used to.

Not sure what there is to do for fun, but I can certainly survive the winters, indoors, for the most part.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-12 14:18:36

At 12/12/17 11:23 AM, Quisty wrote: Warmth? Maybe....I hate light. I take Melatonin supplements already, so that won't matter. My recent bloodwork shows I have about 3% Vitamin D in me, so I'm already screwed :P

Hmm curious what I'd have on that. 3% of... what you're supposed to have, I suppose? Don't think I'd survive the winters too well without some added D-Vitamin diet! Depression sets in fast when the sun starts disappearing...

At 12/12/17 12:42 PM, Painbringer wrote: At least they have summers that are comparable to what I'm used to.

Not sure what there is to do for fun, but I can certainly survive the winters, indoors, for the most part.

Huh, yeah... apart from the four coldest months that doesn't seem bad at all. Summer temperature's perfect.

BBS Signature

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-12 17:35:03

At 12/12/17 02:18 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Don't think I'd survive the winters too well without some added D-Vitamin diet! Depression sets in fast when the sun starts disappearing...

Best thing to do would be to put fluorescent lights in the rooms you spend the most time (awake) in.

And by that I mean big tubes, without a cover.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-12 17:41:59

That depends on how many whales and harpoons are in the area

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-12 17:56:35 (edited 2017-12-12 17:57:28)

At 12/12/17 05:35 PM, Painbringer wrote: Best thing to do would be to put fluorescent lights in the rooms you spend the most time (awake) in.

And by that I mean big tubes, without a cover.

Bright lights do help with melatonin levels, but that's about it. Fluorescent ones in particular really aren't good on the eyes though, wouldn't recommend having those without a cover. There are others that actually emulate real sunshine, with UVA and UVB (needed for D-vitamin production). They have them in some cafes around here but for personal use it's pretty expensive stuff. Easier with just a D-vitamin drink IMO.

BBS Signature

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-12 18:15:03

At 12/12/17 05:56 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Bright lights do help with melatonin levels, but that's about it. Fluorescent ones in particular really aren't good on the eyes though, wouldn't recommend having those without a cover. There are others that actually emulate real sunshine, with UVA and UVB (needed for D-vitamin production). They have them in some cafes around here but for personal use it's pretty expensive stuff. Easier with just a D-vitamin drink IMO.

The important thing is that fluorescent lights emit UV, which is needed in producing vitamin D.

And I recommend the big tubes because the light is less intense and more diffused (like real daylight).

As for the whole melatonin thing, only lights 4000 kelvin (cool white) and higher (full spectrum/sunlight, daylight) keep you awake.

But try to avoid having too much blue light, as that could lead to macular degeneration.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-12 18:22:14

At 12/12/17 05:32 AM, Cyberdevil wrote:
Could? Yes. Would like to? Probably not. :/

Though I do wish our winters were a bit colder. Snow keeps melting over here. Somewhere around -10 would be perfect.

Colder? Its freezing here and also it snowed the other day

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-12 20:05:38

This is really a question of whether I could handle not being able to go outside, honestly, it would be pretty tough, I don't like being cooped up indoors all the time.

Those who do not learn from the mistakes of their past are doomed to repeat them.

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-13 03:51:16

Why do you even post..?

∀x (∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ∀x ¬(x ∈ e)) ∨ ∃y ¬∃e (e ∈ x ∧ ¬∃z (z ∈ y ∧ z ∈ e ∧ ∀x ¬((x ∈ y ∧ x ∈ e) ∧ ¬(x = z)))))

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-13 03:52:39

Nah. I like cold weather but I don't want to get frostbite

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-13 05:41:15 (edited 2017-12-13 05:41:28)

At 12/12/17 06:22 PM, Dickbringer wrote: Colder? Its freezing here and also it snowed the other day

Snow's nice though. Lights up the world! Makes it warmer too, paradoxically, especially when all water surfaces freeze and air moisture decreases. So the colder it gets the warmer it gets, sort of...

Our regular winter weather here is just raw. Little snow. Shifting temperatures. Icy winds. Feels cold though it really isn't, and without snow way too dark too... would definitely like it a bit more like the above! :)

BBS Signature

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-13 06:25:32 (edited 2017-12-13 06:26:24)

At 12/12/17 06:15 PM, Painbringer wrote: The important thing is that fluorescent lights emit UV, which is needed in producing vitamin D.

And I recommend the big tubes because the light is less intense and more diffused (like real daylight).

As for the whole melatonin thing, only lights 4000 kelvin (cool white) and higher (full spectrum/sunlight, daylight) keep you awake.

But try to avoid having too much blue light, as that could lead to macular degeneration.

Ah, did not know that, seems you knew more about those lights than I did. Reading up on fluorescent ones it seems like it's 'short wavelength UV. But this UV emission is converted to visible light by the phosphor coating on the inner surface of the glass tube, and relatively little of the UV makes it through to the outside', though? Any experience with these yourself?

Good to know about the macular degeneration, just been avoiding blue light so far at night to fall asleep easier. f.lux is fantastic for that... unless you´re trying to work with graphics; stuff that needs to be seen in another nuance than green. Or don't need sleep

Stumbled upon this while looking around btw, seems like LED might be the future here too: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/09/170913193101.htm

BBS Signature

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-13 07:20:05

If you couldn't tolerate that cold you got other issues... it looks bad, sure.

But at least it's cold, and the cold is FAR easier to deal with than the heat.
I rather take a -30f/c place to live than a +40f/100c place

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to could you live here? 2017-12-13 10:41:08

With enough alcohol...maybe.