00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cars: Naturally aspirated vs. Turbo

382 Views | 6 Replies

Whats your take on the issue of naturally aspirated engine vs turbo charged/super charged car engines ?

Response to Cars: Naturally aspirated vs. Turbo 2017-12-17 22:14:45

At 12/8/17 07:51 PM, JosephStarr wrote: Purely depends on the individual car.

I see. after owning a4 cylinder I regret my decision a lot. ALtough I wont be modifying it anyways but its just embarassing to be beaten from stoplight to stoplight... These kind of cars are really underpowered.

Response to Cars: Naturally aspirated vs. Turbo 2017-12-20 00:50:38

At 12/8/17 07:24 PM, K3rb3r0s wrote: Whats your take on the issue of naturally aspirated engine vs turbo charged/super charged car engines ?

If you got the land to drive a super charged car and really utilize that puppy, then go for it. I got no use for that ever since moving to the city, but I still get a kick out of seeing all the fools with their muscle cars stuck in traffic, stuck going like 30mph tops.

ratchili.com i make stuff

BBS Signature

Response to Cars: Naturally aspirated vs. Turbo 2017-12-20 01:25:17

When I was looking at getting a pickup last year I found some interesting forum threads about disasters involving aftermarket superchargers. Obviously those engines weren't designed to be turbocharged but I know that Toyota had an OEM supercharger they sold for the Tundra truck.

when shopping for trucks I was really not interested in the turbo V6s for F150s - felt more like a marketing scheme to sell a higher MPG pickup truck - relegating it to being a passenger car with a really big trunk really. If you planned on towing anything larger than a small lawn mower you were going to be using a V8.

I did have a chance to drive a turbocharged subaru this summer for a week on vacation. It was very nice and zippy. I would love one if I moved back to the mountains and had money to spend on a new car.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Cars: Naturally aspirated vs. Turbo 2017-12-30 08:44:26

I'd prefer a boosted car but I've had a 2.2 NA Cobalt for 6 years now. So.

At 12/20/17 12:45 AM, Dynastywarriors5 wrote: Making an engine more powerful is always a good thing. But I'm not going to believe a 4 cylinder car is going to be fast

There's Hondas that run 9 second quarters. But it always depends how much money you put into it...

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature

Response to Cars: Naturally aspirated vs. Turbo 2018-01-02 08:01:45

At 12/30/17 08:44 AM, WahyaRanger2 wrote: I'd prefer a boosted car but I've had a 2.2 NA Cobalt for 6 years now. So.

At 12/20/17 12:45 AM, Dynastywarriors5 wrote: Making an engine more powerful is always a good thing. But I'm not going to believe a 4 cylinder car is going to be fast
There's Hondas that run 9 second quarters. But it always depends how much money you put into it...

INdeed. One thing I learned in the holidays though is letting go of the damn AC those things rob a ton of power for no reason at all. As for sub 9 4 cyl well.... You'll need lotsa import parts that costs more than the car itself and close enough to having something like a V8 anyway so the purpose is kinda beaten in the end. For this end atleast.

Response to Cars: Naturally aspirated vs. Turbo 2018-01-04 18:51:47

At 1/2/18 08:01 AM, K3rb3r0s wrote: You'll need lotsa import parts that costs more than the car itself and close enough to having something like a V8 anyway so the purpose is kinda beaten in the end. For this end atleast.

You don't have to import much depending where you live. the US and Canada have tons of aftermarket companies for tons of brands. Hondata for Honda makes aftermarket parts in the US, ZZP makes go fast parts for GM Ecotec and 3x00 V6s, etc.

The Newgrounds Revolution isn't a thing, quit being a pussy.

BBS Signature