00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music

1,363 Views | 23 Replies

Please leave an explanation on why as well, you don't need to if you want.

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-07 02:29:27

There's a forum for this: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum/13

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Almost anything rock or heavy/power metal.
Though I primarily listen to 70s and 80s stuff.

EDIT: I forgot to actually state why, It's mainly because Metal Gear Solid 5 had a bunch of good 80s songs and I decided to start listening to them when I wasn't playing the game and it all just spiraled from there.

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-07 12:08:49

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-07 12:24:04

All sorts of different stuff now from classic rock to 80s stuff and stuff from today.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

I like Electronic,Jazz,ambient music, Metal and some industrial

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-08 07:25:55

Anything, as long as I like it. Preferably without vocals, except on rare occasions.

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-08 15:37:54

At 12/7/17 02:23 AM, yungteacan wrote: Please leave an explanation on why as well, you don't need to if you want.

i love vaporwave because it is relaxing and it makes me feel nostalgic.

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-08 18:55:44

Death metal, DSBM and melodic black metal are my favorite ^_^

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-08 19:56:34

I like a good mix of stuff, but for some reason EDM/VGM is really nice for me. Especially metal remixes of OSTs like the one FamilyJules did for Crypt of the NecroDancer and the like.

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-09 04:25:36

The 3 waves (New,Vapor,Synth), and anything rock (especially: Independent, PPR, Psychedelic, Surf, and Metal)

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-09 06:22:42

rock, electro and western all three are good^^

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-09 14:17:19

Chiptune, because I love chip intruments and retro games

An Italian dude that likes listening and making chiptune music, playing Mario games and writing about time travel.

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-09 16:21:22

I don't really have a set style. I love the folk singer Grace Petrie, the ska/rap/punk band The King Blues, the US punk band Anti-Flag, as well as various other rock and punk stuff. But at the same time, I've really been digging musicals over the last couple years. Got hard into Hamilton, and fairly into Come From Away, and I like what I've heard of Heathers so far. It's a weird mix. But then I also used to be pretty into electronic and dubstep stuff when I was hardcore in the brony fandom - that's what 90% of pony remixes were. The stuff that tends to stick with me though is stuff that feels like it has a political edge. Like, I love "Where is the Love" by the Black Eyed Peas, but everything else of theirs is garbage because it's generic hip hop that says nothing of any significance. And even though I love Grace Petrie, her break-up songs grate my fuckin' ears. And the song "Words" from The King Blues' "Off With Their Heads" EP makes me want to shake Itch by the shoulders and yell "what the hell were you thinking?"

TL;DR - Political stuff n musicals, I guess. Cos I like music with something to say, and I love a good sung argument.

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-09 23:06:32

At 12/7/17 08:35 PM, yurgenburgen wrote: musique concrete

Legit yo

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-09 23:08:12

I spend hours daily finding new music to hear. Overall my favorite is avant-garde jazz. I love basically everything though.

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-09 23:13:48

Rock/metal all the way! Explanation: It's just the superior genre. #straightupfact

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-10 09:26:41

At 12/9/17 11:13 PM, ZagmenO wrote: Rock/metal all the way! Explanation: It's just the superior genre. #straightupfact

Agreed! ^_^

I love symphonic power metal or melodic death metal - Angra "Waiting Silence" or Scar Symmetry "Mind Machine" are great examples.
I love these because they are so damn powerful. They make you feel amazing!

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Bossa Nova/MPB - Spicy chord changes and rhythm that'll force your body to sway along.
Emotive Hardcore - Just sad dudes letting their sad feelings out.
Spiritual Jazz - Cosmic journeys to pick your afro to. Too bad I have a buzzcut.
Post-Bop - It's like bebop but POST-. I have a special soft spot for the modal-based stuff and those FREE performances.

At 12/10/17 12:32 PM, goofried wrote: noisy distorted stuff

yo hello my friend we should get together and trade recs sometime it's been a while

At 12/7/17 02:29 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: There's a forum for this: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum/13

uh well um uh that's not the point of the audio forum at all uhhhhh

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-11 00:51:55

Game soundtracks, Ambient, some acid if the synths are engineered nicely.

very particular about rock and metal tastes. Perfect Circle, a bit of punk like Sum41.

Not huge on hip hop but I like instrumentals, especially jazz based ones.

Enjoy jazz but most particularly I like jazz that includes Vibraphones. Easily the god of instruments.

BBS Signature

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-11 02:25:25

Well, I like all types of music actually. But the ones that really stand out to me are rap, techno, video game soundtracks and piano songs in the minor scale.

Mainly hiphop/rap. Apart from the fascinating rhyme schemes, wit and lyrical mastery probably mostly because of the stories and messages they bear with them. There's more room for word, and with that: for emotion, and wisdom; something to relate to.

Note though: only music that actually has either of those, mainstream stuff not so much.

The latest: Hexa #96 (Apr)

BBS Signature

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-13 23:13:29

I'm generally into metal, industrial, electronic & hip hop.

normalgeist-villsvin

Art - Music - Podcast

Response to Whats Your Favorite Type Of Music 2017-12-14 03:23:50

Ska, the answer is always Ska

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature