00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bishopdown just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GOP versus Roy Moore

566 Views | 10 Replies

GOP versus Roy Moore 2017-11-15 15:38:14

It just amazes me how silly this whole thing has gotten with the Alabama senate race.

First it was Luther Strange, backed by Trump and the GOP establishment, versus Roy Moore, who was backed by Steve Bannon and the Alt-Right, with the latter winning the GOP Alabama Primary, and underscoring Trump's influence - though, to be fair, Moore is more like Trump, with his far right rhetoric.

Now, It's the GOP establishment versus Moore instead of against his Democratic opponent, Doug Jones, for Attorney General Jeff Sessions former Senate seat. Allegations of sexually assault of young girls, one 14, have been cropping up against Moore, with fellow GOP demanding him to step down.

Moore has been definite, and is professing his innocence, while not outright denying it, with former colleagues claiming it was an open secret. Now, Moore is invoking god, with many claiming that Christians are being unfairly persecuted, with over 50 Evangelical preachers showing support for him, and evangelicals, in general, more likely to back him.

There use to be a time when Christians would be aghast by such accusations, but in the Trump era, women are more likely to be accused by them as lying when it's directed towards their candidates, while believed when it directed at the opponent. Rush Limbaugh quipped that Moore was a Democrat at the time, while Sean Hannity, of fox News, staunchly defended Moore until his sponsors started leaving him.

All this has allowed Moore's Democrat opponent a slight lead in the poles, and a glimmer of hope for a party that has not held the seat for over 20 years, in a deeply red state. If Democrats win the seat in December it will further reduce the number of seats held by Republican in the Senate to 51, which only allows Republican the loss of 1 vote, to pass their legislature - With VP Mike Pence able to pass the tie-breaker vote for Republicans.

Can't wait to see what come next in all this.

Response to GOP versus Roy Moore 2017-11-15 18:01:14

This all tells me that not only the GOP is a total mess and the lowest of the low are actively hijacking it, if it weren’t already hijacked, but the rules and morals that they preach about doesn’t apply to them, and even in the fire red state of Alabama, I would like to think that people have some degree of common sense and standards and not just vote on party lines and red herrings. I’m not going to hold my breath on that happening though.

At the very least, the traditional GOP has now decided to step in and cut off support for him, (mostly out of pragmatism than anything else, but still) though I don’t know how much that’ll help considering that he is still relatively popular among the Evangelical crowd in Alabama. At this point, Christian (specifically Evangelicals) voters cannot keep using “family values” or “faith-based” to describe a candidate they’re going to support and then gloss over all of the misdeeds when trying to get him or her elected for public office. Then again, practicing what you preach has never been their strong suit.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to GOP versus Roy Moore 2017-11-18 01:27:45

At 11/17/17 10:31 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
At 11/15/17 03:38 PM, EdyKel wrote:
Now, Moore is invoking god, with many claiming that Christians are being unfairly persecuted, with over 50 Evangelical preachers showing support for him,
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/53_pastors_sign_letter_of_supp.html

link found in first paragraph of your own article. Seems quite a few a those preachers are scrambling to distance them self from Moore since his wife's facebook post. Also letter posted was from august before the allegations came out. But i'm guessing the full story just didn't fit your partisan spin or sound as good in the op.

I was well aware of that, which is why I said over 50, instead of pointing out the exact number. And really? You are going to quibble over a couple of preachers who no longer wish to be on that list, when the majority are still backing him? That, son, is partisan shit on your part. Just accept that shit and move on. You can't make the turd shiny, no matter how much you polish it.

Moore's support even among the evangelical crowd is falling. I imagine he has made enemies with quite a few names on that list as well.

Not falling fast enough, and considering that 80% of evangelicals supported Trump for the presidency, even after all the sexual assault allegations, and actual evidence of him on video talking about grabbing women by the pussy, wasn't enough to stop the moral right from showing that politics is greater than morality, and religion is greater than politics, which makes it's empty and full of double standards and is why they are going to, by and large, continue supporting Roy Moore, no matter what the allegations are are or the evidence for it.

So, the moral right, or evangelicals, are more interested in voting in immoral politicians, and making excuses for them, while preaching about how the country needs to be more moral, while also promoting hate of other religions, less compassion for illegal immigrants, and other things to enforce their view of Christianity over the populace; or as one Christian poster put it "If you're going around hating, stigmatizing, and oppressing, period, you're not being Christian" as he subconsciously argued for all that stuff without being able to recognize the hypocrisy of his own argument.

And, for some reason, this is something I smiled over, as it is pretty much sums up why they are going to support Moore, because this is what it comes down to.

Response to GOP versus Roy Moore 2017-11-18 15:27:40

At 11/18/17 03:28 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
At 11/18/17 01:27 AM, EdyKel wrote:
I was well aware of that, which is why I said over 50, instead of pointing out the exact number.
Pointing out the exact number would require effort, or for you to follow the story. Moore's wife just re posted and edited something from back in august before the allegations were made to fake support. Can't decide who is more dishonest ATM you, or Moore and his cronies.

Son, I know you aren't the brightest bulb around here, and you are more interested in trolling my ass because you are a petty little fuck, but you still haven't been able to reduce the number to less than 51 - even after the allegations came out, and the list was publicly published, they are still not flooding away, for the reasons I mentioned above.

Response to GOP versus Roy Moore 2017-11-18 18:06:17

At 11/18/17 05:54 PM, Sause wrote: Clash of the talking points!

Says the talking point.

Response to GOP versus Roy Moore 2017-11-19 00:54:28 (edited 2017-11-19 01:05:20)

At 11/18/17 10:07 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
At 11/18/17 03:27 PM, EdyKel wrote:
Son, I know you aren't the brightest bulb around here, and you are more interested in trolling my ass because you are a petty little fuck, but you still haven't been able to reduce the number to less than 51
If you had read the article I linked to you would know that at the time i made that post to you the number was 49. So this went from insulting to hilarious the second you brought up 51. You really suck at this :)

Unlike you, son, I simply don't care what you say about me, or even think, anymore. I think the fact that you spent 3 posts trolling me to reduce it down by 4 preachers is entertainment enough, and kinda proves my point about you.

Response to GOP versus Roy Moore 2017-11-19 02:29:04

At 11/19/17 02:10 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
At 11/19/17 12:54 AM, EdyKel wrote:
Unlike you, son, I simply don't care what you say about me, or even think, anymore. I think the fact that you spent 3 posts trolling me to reduce it down by 4 preachers is entertainment enough, and kinda proves my point about you.
I imagine that if someone else had brought up the same point it would have been less of an issue.

Here's the whole victimization you are known for. Poor you. Despite what you might think, I have better things to do than make you the center of my world when I come here. It don't matter who the person is, if they try to bring up some stupid argument, or troll, I'll treat them with equal lack of respect. So, don't make this out as if it's anything personnel, because it ain't.

Response to GOP versus Roy Moore 2017-11-19 13:23:14

At 11/19/17 10:57 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
At 11/19/17 02:29 AM, EdyKel wrote:
Unlike you, son, I simply don't care what you say about me, or even think, anymore.
Goes off on a personal rant one post later. Dis fucking guy.

New day same shit. Maybe some day you will be able to cure that butthurt.

Considering that you have been on my coattails for the last couple of weeks, specifically targeting me, I largely left you alone... I think you have a stalking problem.

As I told you before, you need to let it go, you take things ways to personal, and it consumes you and makes you petty. I know you still blame me for what you think I did to your one topic, but you don't need to keep trashing my topics, and trolling my ass because you think I make you look bad - you do that on your own.

Response to GOP versus Roy Moore 2017-11-19 17:39:11 (edited 2017-11-19 17:39:44)

At 11/19/17 02:15 PM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
At 11/19/17 01:23 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 11/19/17 10:57 AM, SolidPantsSnake wrote:
At 11/19/17 02:29 AM, EdyKel wrote:
Unlike you, son, I simply don't care what you say about me, or even think, anymore.
Goes off on a personal rant one post later. Dis fucking guy.

New day same shit. Maybe some day you will be able to cure that butthurt.
Considering that you have been on my coattails for the last couple of weeks, specifically targeting me, I largely left you alone... I think you have a stalking problem.
9 Fucking months of you butting into every argument i have and derailing every single thread of mine on this forum and you turn around and say this. Plus I have barely even been on this site these past couple weeks. You must be refereeing to me making fun of you after you got into yet another pissing contest, one time. What goes around comes around seems you can dish it out but you just can't take it.

This thread encapsulates why I'm always on your case. And fuck it, this thread is done. @aviewaskewed @TurkeyOnAStick some mod, close this thread.

I'm not mad that you are trolling me, though I am slightly (not much) annoyed that you derailed it with your usual petty shit. One thing that attracts me to reply to anyone is when they are always trying to put things out of proper perspective and scale, to embellish the shit out of stuff, like you just did in this thread with your "it's not 2 it's 4, out of 53. You are a liar", while not being able dismiss my main point that it is still, basically, 50. This is what you do in many of your topics.

You are also constantly in denial on where you politically stand, while often accusing others of being partisan, while, at the same time, denying your own partisan nonsense. While it is true you don't have a traditional political stance on many issues, making you almost moderate on many issue, that's more out of supreme ignorance on them than anything else, and making them a secondary concern, as your partisan nonsense is driven more by perceived slights you get from other people, groups, that make you into one of the more partisan people on this board. So, of course that is going to attract people like me, who will naturally disagree with you and your partisan views, as you insult the shit, or villainize, people who don't share your views. From this, instead of admitting any partisan wrongdoing or fault, you deflect with claims of your opponent being hypocrites, and being unfairly mean to you, as you constantly lash out and insult the shit out of them and more, while quietly distancing yourself from any poor argument you made. And you did this shit a lot - and is still doing it.

All this stems from yours insecurities, and vindictive nature on attacking people, or groups, who you think hurt your feeling, intentionally or not, and that is why you did what you did in this thread. It's why you have been on my coattails for the last couple of week, specifically targeting me, pointing out my mistakes, or making disparaging remarks, or outright trolling me, in hopes of publicly making me look like a liar, a hypocrite, or stupid... and I just shrug that shit off. I'm not like you, son, who thinks people are going to look at me any differently at your libelous attempt to publicly humiliate me, and make people look lesser on me than they already do. I'm pretty sure that most people already know what to think of me, good or for bad, but that is mostly through my own actions, not some little petty little shit. So, son, it's time for you to move on, and realize that you are the only one making your self look bad, and blaming others for it is just an excuse.

As I told you before, you need to let it go, you take things ways to personal, and it consumes you and makes you petty. I know you still blame me for what you think I did to your one topic, but you don't need to keep trashing my topics, and trolling my ass because you think I make you look bad - you do that on your own.
Self projection and hypocrisy at it's finest. No one forced you to fight with me in every single thread I made. You can cry victim all you want. You but into every single thing I post of this forum while you have quite a few threads I have never even bothered with, I don't have a single one you haven't decided to shit up. You ridiculous man.

I didn't fight you in every single thread, but I did comment, or berated you, a lot, when you tried to pass off some major BS, or attacks on others. But again, this is just another example of your BS, as you embellish the shit that I go after you in ever single thread or post, when, in reality, I just responded a lot to you on the political board - rarely anywhere else. Stuff like this is why I often respond to you. As I told you more than once "stop making the pebble bigger than the boulder", and "taking it personal".

Response to GOP versus Roy Moore 2017-11-19 17:56:28 (edited 2017-11-19 18:00:43)

I’m going to lock this on request as it has derailed.

I hope you guys can avoid the need to do back-and-forth arguments when things get personal, because you Politics guys write some interesting stuff and sources when the discussion is less heated.

EDIT: someone can remake this thread if they want to discuss Roy Moore, as I can’t see a clear point where this thread devolved. Feel free to reopen and do some post pruning if you think otherwise, Avie.

BBS Signature

Response to GOP versus Roy Moore 2017-11-20 16:27:43

At 11/19/17 05:56 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: EDIT: someone can remake this thread if they want to discuss Roy Moore, as I can’t see a clear point where this thread devolved. Feel free to reopen and do some post pruning if you think otherwise, Avie.

Right there with you. Edy and Solid, stop it, somebody fucking be the adult and ignore the other one, you guys both look like immature shit heads at this point with the carping.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature